How did George Miller go from the original Mad Max's incredibly reactionary, even fascistic politics, to muh matriarchy...

How did George Miller go from the original Mad Max's incredibly reactionary, even fascistic politics, to muh matriarchy?
I don't think I've seen a soft reboot of a franchise completely alter the underlying politics of the original so starkly.

Not that that's a bad thing.

The martiarchy was failing. They needed a man with a plan to save them all

Why is everything a political message?

>being a child

>and that man was Nux

>How did George Miller go from the original Mad Max's incredibly reactionary, even fascistic politics, to muh matriarchy?
he didn't

not a single Mad Max film is political

if you say so you massive child

>the films are literally a vehicle to have cars crash into each other and fun chase scenes
>THIS POLITICAL AGENDA HAS GOT TO STOP
you must find feminist conspiracies in your fucking porridge in the morning

Mein gott, *sniff* you guys need a good dose of ideology right now *sniff*
And so on

>>THIS POLITICAL AGENDA HAS GOT TO STOP
that's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm wondering why several decades ago Miller made a film that glorified police violence, labeled a vast swath of the population deranged, and portrayed the state as such - its bureaucrats and lawyers - as defenders of the latter. That is, a basically fascist political constellation.

Then, comes Fury Road with its very streamlined feminist didactic. Curious as to how Miller imagined the former once, and the latter now - maturity? Strictly incidental audience pandering? (the 70s brought a host of institutional reforms in Australia that closed off mental asylums that had the talk-balk types hollering about not being able to keep the "crazies" away, etc.)

depicting something =/ approving it
the original Mad Max is extremely anti-private justice, rewatch it

>the first Mad max was anything but a low budget revenge story

Really reaching there.

ummm no sweetie. women hating manchildren like yourself will see feminism in everything

*tips fedora*

zis thred iz eatinge out of zhe traschcann

Good points, i understand now!

Because a film that glorifies police violence released nowadays would have been greeted by a shitstorm due to the police brutality in America nowadays

What? It was pretty blatant, considering the plot is literally a group of enslaved women trying to escape an old FUCKING WHITE MALE OPPRESSOR

I really hate how fucking retards nowadays cannot just let art be, they have to put it under a microscope and examine every fucking inconsequential moment of a movie and come out with some Reddit tier theory about how it was a secret political message the whole time. It's really just a self serving ego boost, just fucking enjoy shit and stop trying to polarize everything

>go from the original Mad Max's incredibly reactionary, even fascistic politics
What the hell are you talking about, did you even watch the original Mad Max?

What did him being white have to do with it? The two leads were also white.

Why do you only see skin color?

>I really hate how fucking retards nowadays cannot just let art be
>they have to put it under a microscope and examine every fucking inconsequential moment

>art
>not analyzing it

>What the hell are you talking about, did you even watch the original Mad Max?
sure did. did you?

the plot is also about a middles aged white man escaping an old FUCKING WHITE MALE OPPRESSOR

being a police officer/ex-army is the easiest way to explain why a character owns and knows how to use guns for a script

also the political situation of the Mad Max movies evolves over time- in the Road Warrior society is just begging its collapse. By the time Fury Road rolls around people are asking what do they do now that the old world is dead and gone.

The middle aged white man is supposed to bear the burden for the escaping women, he is supposed to look after them because he is a white man.
The film is saying women should have equality but also have white men lining up to provide for them

Then what the hell is so
>incredibly reactionary, even fascistic politics
About Mad Max?
The only reason he looks after them is because he didn't knew how to start a war without them

>wanting decent film analysis
>on Sup Forums of all places
op ur a critical theory fag

Why do facts trigger you?

Why do plebs keep making threads about this trash flick? is this some sort of marketing or did some pleb just watch it?

you're reading so much bullshit into the films it's insane

they both use eachother to get what they want

everything you said in this post is untrue

>muh matriarchy

Ah yes. Just ass a "muh" infront of any buzzword and you pretend like thats a valid statement.

aging lowers your testosterone

he went from a medical student witnessing bike accidents and seeing hippies being dumb to an old man doing cutsie pig movies

Fury Road would've been a near-perfect movie if it wasn't for those old lady characters.

it's made pretty blatant when they paint themselves further white and are suicide bombers for Vahalla instead of Allah

Were the Bullet Farmers from the Bullet Farm?

>male and female come together and fight for true freedom from a psychopath authoritarian warlord
how does the whole "muh patriarchy" thing play into it as a criticism?
how come nobody ever told met the whitelegs from fallout new vegas were really sjw doublespeak for "whitey evil"? So glad you #woke me to the #whitegenocide LMAO

most insightful post I've had the pleasure of reading in a while

literally the only decent response in this whole thread

you're infering all the rest but it's a movie blatantly made in its time, with its own weird feminism and frowning at young men with toxic masculinity etc

it seems kinda obvious. He was a burnout medical resident in the days of hippie dreams going sour (manson, bikers etc) in the days of paranoia about crime

the first mad max isnt even really an apocalyptic movie, it's more like law&order charles bronsom type of film

then the guy is older and doing Babe and Happy Feet

If you think mad Max was a feminist/pro female movie then you're retarded. It's as simple as that. Like claiming the movie roots is racist towards black people because it has the word "nigger" in it.

>7:19
>7:55
fucking hivemind

It doesn't matter, Mad Max is an adventurer. He stumbles into situations, does something and leaves again. Everything should be relatively self contained.

He is closest to Conan The Barbarian in that regard.

is this bait? are you dense? how was Mad Max reactionary? Because a cop was the hero?

>It doesn't matter, Mad Max is an adventurer. He stumbles into situations, does something and leaves again. Everything should be relatively self contained.
>He is closest to Conan The Barbarian in that regard.
So Riddick is space conan?

not him but it's filled with reactionary uncle shit from its days. The movie starts with freelove under a crosshair

the villains are basically "hippies & kids going mad, bikers with no respect, lawlessness going wild, buncha fruits! It's even spilling to small town and hunting good folk" etc.

It's a lot more like Deathwish than Road Warrior

never thought about that...if it was reactionary indeed, it was redeemed retroactively by the recurring post-apocalyptic theme.

it was only good in the way it was reactionary and illustrating fears of social decay & crime. It juxtaposed the world ending with common fears that liberals like to mock as though nothing gets worse ever

fuck, even road warrior had villains be "weird creepy faggots". It simply threw the same thing in a louder and more gladiatorial cartoonish wasteland setting

user, the police chief in the first movie, who is shown only in a positive light, is a fruity as fuck leather daddy.

>a positive light
kinda, he's shown as a deluded fascist thirsting for heroes to the point of being borderline gay

Lord Hughmungus might as well actually be him, with all the gay BDSM shit and iron cross in the little box with the other shit appealing to tradition

I just don't see it. I think George Miller liked the leather daddy aesthetic and decided to put it in movie, then decided to further reduce it to an extreme in the next. I seriously don't think it was a statement against social degeneracy.

>I seriously don't think it was a statement against social degeneracy
yeah i dont think it's as simple as that either.

but you really cant deny the classic reactionary disdain in the villain gang being these gay biker creeps with hippie-ass names like Kundalini etc

I liked the bit where max shoots the guy off the bike and it reflected the shifting mood of the australian people from pretending not to be racist to straight up hating aboriginals during that time period.

There was nothing feminist or matriarchal about any of Fury Road you stupid faggot. I'm tired of this meme.

Donnie, please.

Quite literally considering the reference in Chronicles

Ignore Sup Forums as they think simply having a woman in a movie (not there for the tits) is tantamount to feminist propaganda.

MRA Fury Road
>Max is enslaved by tyranical matriarch to perform physical labor and being a blood bank and driver (women cant drive for shit)

>ex husband takes kids away and also take some young girls for a harem

>Max must help the ex husband to find the Patriarchy

>They get there, it's just fat neckbeards and no pussy. They dont wanna share their freed teen pusy

>They go back to the matriarchy town (they drive there without any competition, there's no race because women cant drive) and slap the matriarchs and now rule society. We finally have justice and freedom

wrong, this is literally a false flag meme and has been since day one

I doubt you were even here when fury road was released

It's okay, OP, most of his audience didn't understand the plot, so it's not a problem. Just look at every Mad Max thread.

Beyond Thunderdome already had a matriarchy.