Motor/sp/ort General - (You) let it die edition

This weekend's highlights:
-NASCAR series is at Atlanta
-World Superbikes kick off their season at Phillip Island

Schedules:
NASCAR series (All times are U.S. EST. EST is GMT-5)
>Friday, Feb. 23
11:35 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice, FS1
1:05 p.m.-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice, FS1
2:05 p.m.-2:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1
3:05 p.m.-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, FS1
4:05 p.m.-4:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1
5:15 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series qualifying, FS1
>Saturday, Feb. 24
9:10 a.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, FS1
10:35 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying, FS1
12 p.m.-1:20 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1
2 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Rinnai 250 (163 laps, 251.02 miles), FS1
4:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Active Pest Control 200 benefiting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (130 laps, 200.2 miles), FS1
>Sunday, Feb. 25
1 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 (325 laps, 500.5 miles), FOX

World Superbikes (All times are local. Phillip Island time is GMT+11)
>Friday
09:4510:25 WorldSBK - FP1
10:4011:30 WorldSSP - FP1
12:2513:05 WorldSBK - FP2
14:3015:20 WorldSSP - FP2
15:3516:15 WorldSBK - FP3
>Saturday
09:4010:00 WorldSBK - FP4
10:1010:30 WorldSSP - FP3
12:3012:45 WorldSBK - SP1
12:5513:10 WorldSBK - SP2
13:3013:45 WorldSSP - SP1
13:5514:10 WorldSSP - SP2
>Sunday
10:0510:20 WorldSSP - WUP
10:3010:45 WorldSBK - WUP
13:30 WorldSSP - Race
15:00 WorldSBK - Race 2

Upcoming events:
-3 Mar: Supercars starts the season at Adelaide
-11 Mar: Indy starts the season at St. Petersberg
-17 Mar: IMSA 12 hours of Sebring
-18 Mar: MotoGP starts their season at Qatar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GQnAihTjCqM
ustream.tv/channel/7dBYfNZxFP3
roadracingworld.com/news/tire-safety-concerns-lead-to-mandatory-pit-stops-in-motogp-shortened-race-distance-in-moto2-at-phillip-island/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FYI, cup start time on sunday has been moved forward to 1pm

/indy/

>last thread archived at 100 replies
;-;

quit letting these die on Friday nights you lazy fucks

I feel bad when I post too much. I had like 25 of the posts in the last thread

>KWL again

>That Silverstone attendance
>Bongs constantly asshurt that more series don't go there

>Tony Kanaan will make a return visit to the 24 Hours of Le Mans with Ford Chip Ganassi Racing, despite having switched IndyCar teams, with the Brazilian confirmed in the team’s four-car lineup for the race.

>Kanaan has been named to the No. 67 Ford GT alongside full-season FIA World Endurance Championship drivers Andy Priaulx and Harry Tincknell, replacing Pipo Derani in the lineup.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Spa is the only one I'll watch too....

Good deal. Hopefully he'll give some Lambo's and Ferrari's the boot along the way.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let's merge our thread(s) with the F1 thread.
Including Nascar, Indy, Imsa and everything else and just post there in the future.

Kill yourself

based newman fastest in final practice

Yeah, I can't wait to have all my motorsports discussion littered with waifu/gimi/autism posting.

Anyone got a working stream?

>merge our thread(s) with the F1 thread.
Fuck off.
F1 is pure cancer.

>90% of thread is F1
Yeah nah

Xfin race thread

Fuyck no keep faggotcar in it's containment thread. The indy 500 last year was fucking terrible, those autistic fucks totally ruined it.

Who wins in St. Petersburg?

How do the new teams fare?

Meme winner will be Ed jones

Truck race about to start.

Still using this thread for it:

fuck you, there's nothing to post about until IndyCar starts

NASCAR is fucking gay

NO
having to deal with ASSCAR is bad enough

ROSSI
O
S
S
I

fuck that noise
F1 is a containment thread and serves its purpose
motor/sp/ort is for real racing

>stages
>"""""""""""real"""""""""" racing

Perhaps soccer would be a better choice for you...

When and why did NASCAR peak out?

Was it one thing or a shitstorm of multiple issues the fans had?

And do you think it will ever approach it's former glory? It seems to have bottomed out.

nah how about the many other racing series that don't artificially stop the race in the middle of the race to bunch the cars back up?
stages ruined NASCAR
it will never be the same

>doesn't enjoy seeing racers race for stage points
Yea, soccer would be better for you.

AHHHHHHHAHAHA just saw the end of the truck race where Kyle's wheel fell off. My fucking sides.

who here /mudbikes/?

It has been a long time coming.
Plate Racing
Green White Checkered
Stages
Heavy dependence on aero dynamics.

NASCAR has found a method of manufacturing the things that people remembered most about racing and made them commonplace.
Rubbn'
Crashn'
Close Racn'
Passn' fur da lead
Close Finishn'

But they forgot that the things that made them special were the infrequency of them. When it did happen, it was a big deal. When a crash happened, you had to worry for a driver's life. When a pass for the lead occurred, it was consequential since it wasn't like the leader was going to simply be taken out after a late caution.
When two cars touched, you had to wonder if the drivers would be pissed at each other since a crash could have meant their death.
Close finishes happen all the time at plate races because the cars are close all the time and can't escape, everyone packs up and crashes together. Not much to say except that close finishes really don't matter if you raced that way. Anyone with any amount of forethought could have expected that if the whole field was covered by 2 seconds, they'd probably all finish within that margin.

semen slurping soccer loving spic

DixonWinsLOL

>t. Brian France

monza is always great m8

Gonna be a Monday afternoon Atlanta race imo.

*blocks your path

It was definitely before this

I just got back from the track, was working in the XFINITY garage for the first time ever the past two days. Anyone have anything they'd like to know?

What did you do?

I was working with the #52 team as a volunteer. I helped some with social media (And also tried to pitch a story idea to traditional media), but ultimately I was an extra set of hands helping the crew - Carry this, push that, etc.

It'd probably be nice if I included photographic evidence of this. I got to help push the car out to the grid which is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do.

Degenerate weeb faggot

Cool, what did you do during the race?

Be glad I didn't put any Anime shit on my phone or else I would have used it at some point.

Mostly Twitter updates on where we were running and who we were running with. Mobile was a pain and not everything went through, and by the time the race finished my phone was pretty much dead. I got to sit on the pitbox at intervals though.

I will say that in terms of "What is it like working on a race team", I was surprised by the amount of time spent sitting and waiting for the next thing to happen. During Truck qualifying and Cup practice we were all pretty much just chilling in the garage area so I spent that time doing some networking and meeting up with people I know who have FT jobs with teams.

>I got to help push the car out to the grid which is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do

how the hell did a faggot like you get a hard card

on a side note I really hope you aren't my half brother

I had an XFINITY SEL which is a paper credential. I'm not entirely sure NASCAR regulations allow for non-hard card guys to push equipment but the crew let me do it anyway. I think Wayne Auton spotted me at one point and gestured me to back off but it wasn't an issue otherwise.

thanks bob what time

I actually ran into Bob today for a quick handshake and J.J. Yeley who started the whole Bob Pockrass-lookalike thing. I honestly think it's hilarious.

oh you're that guy

>tragically lose race
>the crowd cheers

fucking kek

youtube.com/watch?v=GQnAihTjCqM

Where can I watch wsbk? I'd like to follow it this year.

Yep.

Anyway, the past two days have been really cool. Looking forward to my next opportunity which (I hope) is at Bristol in a few months.

Atlanta is not a real race track

ustream.tv/channel/7dBYfNZxFP3

Fuck if I would bother getting out of bed to watch any WSBK race that's not in Asia or America live.

>ustream.tv/channel/7dBYfNZxFP3

Superbikes about to start

HONDA
O
N
D
A

...and it's over

Is an motorcycle a athlete?

What the hell is happening?

Like they said, no tire conservation lol

Phillip Island delivers again

Is a wooden stick an athlete

>they call him Toprak because they can't pronounce Razgatlıoğlu
kek. Confusing as fuck to find Raz on the scoring though.

This really is the most athletic form of motor/sp/ort
No way anything else requires this much fill body skill

The argentinian comentatots call him toprak as well

>63 seconds
why this number?

Nice.

It's not as impressive for movement and flexibility but motocross is really fucking demanding on physical endurance. You can make road races a fair bit longer if you have tire changes and refueling and they could still ride flat out but if you made motocross/supercross significantly longer they would either have to slow down or fucking die.

It's slightly longer than an optimal pit stop because these bikes aren't built for endurance racing so they don't want single sided swingarms to be an advantage and shit.

Motocross, dude.

Road racing is easy as fuck compared to motocross.

t. ex-road racer

LEADERS CURSE STRIKES AGAIN

Lap 13 is live right? Or is the stream delayed.

motorcross is crazy as fuck, just seemed the endurance aspect of these road bikes and being so on the edge on asphalt made it comparable

>Camier comes out of his pit stall ahead of everyone
>slams on the brakes and ends up a second behind the pack
Leon pls, I get you were worried about pit lane time but I'm pretty sure you didn't come in way the fuck back there so why did you do this

Half of lap 14 here on tv

Why did I have that as a reply? I'm so confused.

Well part of the thing is that road racing bikes still can't put up with having the bag ridden off them all the time because 200hp through one tire is too much, so they're usually not right on the edge all race.

>superbikes running 1:30's
>V8 supercar qualied with a 1:29

4 tires are better than 2...

whoa breaking news everyone

150 kg bike vs 1500kg car

What would the V8 do if you took off the fucking wing.

>Pirelli

Nice job, guys.

that said, slip steaming is a thing here. That makes it a nuanced art nonetheless

roadracingworld.com/news/tire-safety-concerns-lead-to-mandatory-pit-stops-in-motogp-shortened-race-distance-in-moto2-at-phillip-island/

Holy shit that pass!

Weeewwwwwwwwww

HOLY FUCK WHAT A FINISH

Ayyyyy breddy gud

This is why bike racing is the superior form of motorsport