Are we watching Season 3 or not Sup Forums?

Are we watching Season 3 or not Sup Forums?

Noah Hawley who did Legion is directing.
With Ewan McGregor, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jim Gaffigan starring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwL5Q02uwDE&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. All the "quirk" and "black humor" of the Coens, none of the charm or artistry.

I watched the leftovers first episode. that seems more my style.

I have to agree.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY, 100%, CERTAINLY, T H I C C in season 3 of this show. When I saw her I had to pause and jerk off.

just watched the first episode. it's gotten off to a stronger start than season 2. MEW and Carrie Coons both promise to excel in their roles the way BBT and Martin Freeman did in S1.

I prefer the S T I C C version but yet to watch it

I watched Season 1 and really liked it but Season 2 was a slog and i stopped watched halfway through.

Season 3 better be good user

Mods got mad; deleted all the webms and put all the Fargo threads in autosage.

Good. They are filled with virgins obsessing over MEW showing her ass.

I missed the hype

you'll probably like s3 since it's back in the contemporary setting and is gonna have ewan macgregx2 doing a great job exploring all the aspects of losers like Martin Freeman. i think it might be worthwhile to get through s2 for some of the cool stuff that happened at the end.

additionally, MEW's ass is a joy.

Episode 1 was kino.

Why are all these so overdone in the editing is this real?

This episode is some of the most try hard directing I have seen in a long time.

It also has a stupid color profile and meme aspect ratio.

[retarded throat singing intensifies]

what pretentious song picks can we expect in episode 2?

what's the connection?

Stasi? Stussy?

I'm glad they got rid of the splitscreen meme

Better than the season 2 opening, not quite as good ass the season 1 opener. I expect it to be s1>s3>s2, but hope it turns into s3>s1>s2.

>Noah Hawley who did Legion is directing
I don't know if you knew this OP but Hawley is actually creator and showrunner of Fargo the Series.

you take that back now user

For marvelcucks who watched Legion before checking the Fargo series

>that's not how it works. once you're convicted, it becomes fact.

Stussy is gonna get fucced by his own logic.

If MEW dies this is DROPPED

>there are heterosexual "men" who don't think MEW is gorgeous

I just don't understand it

I just don't understand it

same.

She's pretty but I wouldn't say gorgeous if I'm honest. Audrey Hepburn is what I define as gorgeous

Really made me think.

>Noah Hawley who did Legion is directing
He also created the show Fargo ya dunce.

so that's what was missing this episode

youtube.com/watch?v=wwL5Q02uwDE&feature=youtu.be

that would be NOT
dubs guy understands

>having to use capeshit to attract the plebs to an actual show
he knows his audience

i thought it's the opposite. I could't finish movie Fargo, was shit after s1

The use of music was fantastic in the first episode.

the throat singing when coon is going through the house was great

Movie Fargo sucked.

Fargo season 1 was great.

Season 2 was bad.

Kinda like the drop off in true detective season 1 to 2. Hopefully 3 is good, started off fine.

Awful taste

>Movie Fargo sucked.
>But the show that rips off the film and various other Coen Brothers films (inb4 it's an Homage!!!) is better.

This is some next level retardation

reminder that this is all the same person and it is always the same person that comes into fargo thread shouting about how hawley only rips off the coens and doesnt do anything new, and retardedly tries to say that jerry and lester are the same character and that malvo is a shit character

please disregard

"""Uridon"""
If you see a nametag and don't immediately disregard anyway you are doing it wrong

Claiming people who agree on something that is fairly obvious are clearly the same person. Keep whining you big baby.

eat shit Hawley you butthurt cunt

now THIS is samefagging

Decent first episode, but no chance whatsoever to surpass Season 1. It will be Season 2 quality at best.

>season 1
>that whole arc with the Supermarket King that took up the entire second act of the season and then got dropped without conclusion
>that CGI blizzard
>any kind of 'quality'

Movie Fargo was great, but Season 1 was immeasurably better.

It had a conclusion. An unhappy one, but a pretty memorable conclusion.

The blizzard was not very good in the effects department, no, but that was a great scene where Malvo tricked Wrench & Numbers and then Gus shot Molly

Pure kino

his son dying and Malvo getting bored and just moving on?
a plot conclusion yes, but not a thematic one

And the money being put back where it belonged, yes.

This is the fanbase of Fargo everyone.

who are you speaking to? this is a fargo thread

Most of the main characters will die like in seasons 1&2.

(you)

this was art

the original movie is 10/10 amazing
season 1 of the show was pretty good
season 2 was pure kino
season 3 opening was meh but i'm prepared to stick around to see if it gets better
also kumiko the treasure hunter is a great addition to the fargoverse

Is the first scene in East Germany going to have any plot relevance? Or is it just a little vignette to set the scene a la A Serious Man or something?
I thought it was an interesting start, very Kafkaesque.

S3 doesn't really have the charm or draw of the previous seasons, and the gimmick is starting to feel too gimmicky for me. Take the second scene, where the rich brother and his associate finish each others sentences. This just feels derivative of characters they've done before. Or how about the way it's revisiting the strong female cop trope? It's sort of like they've developed their own specific genre and now they just want to play within the confines of it, and I'm not sure I'm interested in playing along for another season.

Is this the worst post in Earth????

Yeah. It's not a bad show really but it gets silly when it tries too hard to be artsy. Malvo staring at the wolf comes to mind. Really hit you over the head with the symbolism.

where to get that fresh new epiosde t orrent boys?

>>that whole arc with the Supermarket King that took up the entire second act of the season and then got dropped without conclusion
I think that was just to show what Malvo did - he fucked with people for funsies.

theyre doing the opposite, theyve basically made sure in the first episode that the audience knows this season will not just be a rehash of season 1 or 2.

season 1 had two crimes committed by two people, ending with both of those peoples death

season 2 was one crime by one person with no real conclusion in the final episode

season 3 was two crimes, the first committed by the victim of the second

>Noah Hawley who did Legion is directing.
hes the creator of the series nigga

>tfw watched season 1
>tfw it was kino
>tfw didnt watched season 2
>so I got a 2 years hiatus
>tfw watching season 3 to shitpost with my new friends on Sup Forums
>tfw episod 1 was, again, kino
>tfw reading this thread
>tfw we had a 10° C drop and rain in the past two days

>They switched up who does what crime so they're totally NOT rehashing the same formula guys!

>didnt watch season 2

what the fuck are you doing

I didn't watch it either it was slow as fuck and I had no investment in it.
Literally couldn't care less

go watch it you faggot, the first episode is slow but then it speeds up real quick

t. ADHD millenial who can only concentrate on 90 minute superhero films with lots of quips

I thought of maratoning season 2 before season 3, but I didnt wanted to feel left out the Fargo generals.

I'll watch it after season 3.

Hawley did capeshit instead of Cat's Cradle? Cunt.

As for Fargo, not in the mood yet. Think I'll wait until a few more episodes have aired.

I watched halfway through the season lmao
Stopped watching. Needed a series so restarted a few times actually.
Always got to the point where I thought wtf am i doing watching this when I could be doing or watching something else

So who's Malvo/Hanzee of S03?

They may have given up on trying to top the psycho of the season and just tried a different tack with Professor Lupin

i thought it was going to be Maurice

rip baby

it's stealthily MEW

Vargas. I mean, Mike really wasn't the same as Malvo besides being badass. Vargas is gonna be creepy like Malvo

me too.

At this point I'm thinking MEW or Lupin

I think S3 has a bit more charm than S2's first episode. The only problem I had was that it was too artsy. Same problem I had with the last season of Hannibal (RIP)
I mean S2 did have just an okay opener, and it wasn't immediately engaging, atleast to me.
>This just feels derivative of characters they've done before
Like who?
>strong female cop trope?
Molly wasn't strong in any sense of the imagination. Did she even do anything physically straining other than maybe the blizzard?

Yes, premiere was solid 8/10 and bound to get better. Hopefully the artsy shit is toned down.

You need Sup Forums to approve and tell you what to watch?

What was the german questioning stuff in the beginning?

we all saw the same as you did user, watch the rest of the series and I'm sure it'll be revealed

I just realized the same actor played both brothers.

I just thought I missed something important

fraid not, just Hawley being a naughty little cocktease

My first impression? Overrated shit. I'm struggling to get through my DVR of ep 01.

That said, I felt the same way about ep 01 of Legion. It turned out to be brilliant.

I guess we'll see.

yeah, she is. her tits could be bigger, though.

I watched Legion before Fargo, but I don't even like capeshit. I liked both, but Fago is much, much better

>tfw will never have a comfy fargo livethread like 2014/15 because waifushitters
Feelsbadman

>revisiting
Molly wasn't a strong cop. She was just a mediocre policewoman surrounded by incompetent idiots, so she stood out.

I watch these shows on disc after they air. Last two seasons were solid.

>millenial
how old are you?

This is incorrect. She worked out essentially how everything was connected, something the FBI had been struggling with.