What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m8OQdZMsFYg
youtube.com/watch?v=salod98KI9Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ryan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_That_Got_Away_(book)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_That_Got_Away_(1996_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Greengrass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Force
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing.

It couldn't match the book, which actually improves with every read.

Who /gilf/er here?

Interpretation of photographic intel over area. Bongoloids mistook sky for for ground and though area was full of boulders that were actually clouds and left vehicles out due to impassable terrain.

It's a complete walt statement but my Dad works with SAS sometimes, teaching them first aid and burns care and he said the general consensus among them about McNab is that he fucked up a simple recon mission and isn't really anything special. Also they dislike the fact he's put himself out there as some top elite source on everything when really he's famous for a mistake.

Chris Ryan is well respected though.

>>Chris Ryan is well respected though.
I hope you mean as a soldier and not an author.

Yeah obviously. His trek across the desert was superhuman but his writing is like that of a 12 year old.

Do they have the scene in this adaptation where all the guards shit in the same toilet and make them unclog it with their bare hands? That's the only thing I remember about that book.

It was the wrong Bravo Two Zero story.

Not enough antifa knockouts

How likely was it that they really were sent to destroy SCUD launchers instead of just a simple recon mission? I only watched the movie and that stood out as bizarre. Such an important and dangerous mission assigned to a few lads. It's like something out of a vida game.

According to the RSM they never even came into contact with enemy forces. Seems really blown up and exaggerated to me desu.

Is it anything like this cuz I actually like it

They were sent to observe roads where Scuds moved, actual destruction was supposed to be done with airstrikes. They were supposed to avoid enemy contact, but they fucked pretty much everything from even before getting there. They left vehicles home because, they looked recon photos of area upside down and mistook fucking clouds to boulders. Then had all kinds of communication issues, wrong frequencies and shieet. They were dropped off to wrong site, so emergency pick up plan without communications failed as helicopter crews failed to repeat their previous mistakes. Once they were detected, they had to ditch most of their stuff, leading to soldiers dying to hypothermia.

Kinda like IRL Blackadder goes forth set in 90's.

something like this needs a $50 million budget. the BBC spent about $50,000.

poor britfags cant produce shit.

Sounds like something you hear in the pub round where i'm from.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8OQdZMsFYg
>4 episodes
>full season
>incredible show cancelled
even has cute Aisling Loftus, Stephen Graham, Warren Brown but nah it had to be cancelled

you ever get into barfights with SAS soldiers?

Na I've actually only ever met a few, there not meant to say so you won't ever hear it from them in a pub. But pretty much anyone who lives over at Credenhill will be a member, a girl i dated when i was at college lived over there. I found out after a few weeks of dating her that her dad was a some kind of officer in the unit..

SO WHAT COLOR IS THE BOATHOUSE?

Doubt there even is one seeing as there's no water around, fuck knows though i've never actually been into the camp its got armed guards and surrounded by a fence. Been to the residential area surrounding the camp quite a few times though.

>something like this needs a $50 million budget. the BBC spent about $50,000.

They spent something like $6.5 million. Sean Beans salary probably took good chunk of the budget.

HEREFORD HAS SOME KINDA RIVER SO THERE PROBABLY IS A BOATHOUSE SOMEWHERE

ITS A RONIN REFERENCE, AMBUSHED WITH A CUP OF COFFEE

>YFW BIT O RASPBERRY JAM
youtube.com/watch?v=salod98KI9Y

No Bear Grylls on the mission, obviously.

They actually had a guy who makes Bear Grylls a noob in survival and shieet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ryan

>Ryan made SAS history with the "longest escape and evasion by an SAS trooper or any other soldier", covering 100 miles (160 km) more than SAS trooper Jack Sillito had in the Sahara Desert in 1942. Ryan completed a 300 kilometres (190 mi) tab from an observation point on the Iraqi MSR between Baghdad and North-Western Iraq to the Syrian Border.
>During his escape, Ryan suffered injuries from drinking water contaminated with nuclear waste.

He wrote a book about it...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_That_Got_Away_(book)

That turned into made for tv movie....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_That_Got_Away_(1996_film)

That was actually directed by someone who is now considered relevant film director.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Greengrass

Since Sup Forums has crossposters from Sup Forums Chris Ryan has some relevance here. He worked as military adviser and extra in tv-show where man who lives in blurred house nicked his internet alias.

Since blurred house was probably too obscure part of Sup Forums drama on /f1-generals/ of Sup Forums

Show where Chris Ryan worked was....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Force

First two seasons are decent... last two are trash. It is a show where basically 90% of cast are killed with couple lines of dialogue, "they went into Iraq and got killed, ones that didn't die fucked off from SAS due going nuts" in first episode of third season.

"Lovely stuff", not my words, the words of shakin steven.

The bit in the book that I remember is where they get McNab to put his dick on the table and whack his bell end with a riding crop or something. I don't remember it being in the movie.

Best bit in Ultimate Force is where Henno decapitates a Zimbabwean general with dual machetes.

Just looked it up, it was a single machete. Weird how you misremember things.

MOMMY

>Greengrass
Neat. Might watch the movie to see if their is any of his Bourne style in it.

We all know the SAS are the baddest asses on the planet, right?

SAS INVENTED MODERN SPECIAL FORCES

BUT BRITS ARE PRETTY FRUITY, AMERICANS TOOK OVER DOMINANCE FROM THE BONGS, JUST LIKE THEIR EMPIRE :^)

was Ronin a deconstruction of the whole "assemble outfit of mercenaries to do a mission" genre?

KEK U MAD NIGEL?

WHEN DOES HEREFORD BECOME A SHARIA ZONE, HALAL MRES ONLY :^)

MORE LIKE A CORRECTIVE ELEVATION OF IT, THE GOLD STANDARD OF THE GENRE

My favorite parts were with Yugoslav militants.

Since Americans have no idea, Bongistan made quite a peacetime use with half their special forces between 70's and early 2000's, they re-purposed them as glorified SWAT-team and black ops execution crew to deal with IRA and other domestic terrorists. Couple first seasons of Ultimate Force were done with that stuff as main events in mind with usual ensemble cast of dozen or so characters dealing with all that in sanitized for too fucked up and not too illegal kind story line. Dozen guys involved in watered down and politically correct version of reality of near past set in current time.

Neat digits m8.

IRL Bravo Zero Two proved that they are quite capable fucking everything in their missions. At least the territorial army part of SAS.

Half of people that made up initial group of US Special Forces were fucking Finns.

biopic when?

>biopic when?

A man who has already had kind of biopic.Starring BRUCE fucking WAYNE. Not exactly biopic,but pretty close.

SHOOWN FACHKIN BEAN, INNIT