I don't think I've seen a franchise crumble faster than this

Actually makes the prequels look like fucking Citizen Kane when you look back at how the sequels fell apart.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I&t=3m4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I bet you've never even seen citizen kane

Nobody has seen Citizen Kane, it doesn't even exist. But it's the best film of all time because something's gotta be.

>the sequels
I insist we need a new name. It's not too late.

Nu Wars

Trump era

No it doesn't.

Galactic Fighting

Citizen kane is too good for you. Please dont watch it because you don't deserve to

post- revival movies

>look back at how the sequels fell apart.
>sequels

theres literally been 1

The prequels were fucking trash as well but I can at least respect that they were one man's creative vision and that they had some fun character designs, settings and tech. We should have known it was over the second they revealed that the villains and aesthetic was a total rehash of the original trilogy. Design by committee, safe shit annoys me more than Lucas ever did.

Good for Mark. They are truly butchering his character and continue to butcher the Star Wars saga. At least Lucas, as bad as he was, tried something new with the prequels.

Dude, millenial race-mixing propaganda lol

Teeth in space

I've seen Citizen Kane. It was alright.

I don't really understand the problem everyone's having with the new movies.

>Luke becomes a neutral jedi/force user
>Rey will show him the light of the good side again

WHAT THE FUCK MARY SUE MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL MUCH DISNEY?

Please be specific, how exactly are the sequels falling apart? And in what way.

Or did you think you could just come here for some safe shitposting/prequel shilling.

>Actually makes the prequels look like fucking Citizen Kane

Discarded.

>We should have known it was over the second they revealed that the villains and aesthetic was a total rehash of the original trilogy.
>prequels get shit on for being too different and shit
>sequel gets shit on for being too safe
people want the same original star wars so they're getting more of it. Only retarded entitled manbabies are crying about it.

Grapes of Wrath and Face in the Crowd are better movies

Prequels never got shit on for being too different. They got shit on for being bad.

I have.
Orson Welles' best is The Magnificent Ambersons, though.

I appreciated the prequels more after TFA because TFA gave me what I thought I wanted.

I made the mistake all men make, in thinking that happiness was the realization of my desires.
t. Tolstoy

YOU MAY BE ABLE TO PLAY AS KYLO REN AND LUKE BEFORE EVENTS OF FORCE AWAKENS!

I AM SO GETTING THIS GAME

>Hamil openly states he doesn't like it
>normies latch onto this and repeat his opinion and say they don't like it
>once normies hate it, Sup Forums will love it

Me? I already love it to be ahead of the curve.

Lmao, normies and critics are excited as fuck over last jedi. You can't have your narrative be true just because you repeat it enough

Hella epic! It's Star Wars, so you KNOW it's good!

the day star wars died

he thinks because mark is going rogue and being frank about his perspective of the franchise (mind you, he's just an actor paid to do his role) it's a sign of fractures and trouble behind the scenes. But it's not, it's just an old man with no filter because a. he's old and b. he's essentially got tenure going off on how he wants the sequel to be. No surprise that he wanted to be part of one of the important beats in the last movie. Imagine that, an actor saying a movie would have been better if he got more screen time.

Hamill's opinion holds some weight with people. Unlike Carrie (dead) and Harrison (didn't give a shit anyway), he feels like the heart and soul of the series.

Jew Wars: The Last White Male

Pretty sure we should be trusting the directors vision over Hamills, as much as I adore the guy. The fact that he's uncomfortable with the direction makes me more excited for it, because he felt exactly the same with Lukes arc in ROTJ.

I'm still irked over "prequels" since a prequel is something that comes before "1". Episode 1 isn't a prequel since it is legit the 1st in the series of 9 planned.

1-3 suck balls
4-6 remastered shit sucks balls
7+ sucks balls

Don't even get me started about who shot "first" because Han was the only one to even shoot. I saw that originally in the theater in the late 1970s with my father.

>Kylo Ren kills Luke
Later
>"You killed my mentor!"
>"No, Rey, I killed your father."

Screen-cap this.

nah, I'm pretty sure it's gonna turn out that they're siblings. Screen-cap that.

>Director's vision
>In a Disney film

These guys have no story input. Everything's coming from the studio.

i too hate disneys guts

>No Rey, I am the true force awakens the last Jedi now (tm)

Dogshit

Pulp Fiction says otherwise.

Say what you want about the prequels, at least they're original stories and George didn't rip himself off.

Pretty sure the Directors have been given a lot of freedom to work in, with the exception of J.J Abrams seeing as a restarted the franchise.

The story group just keeps the canon consistant.

Look at me, I'm the the Sith Lord now.

ok fine, I'd rather trust whoever is in charge's vision over marks. They're at least looking at it as a whole, rather than bits. Having leia and luke there to witness han dying is emotionally great and all, but it makes no sense contextually. Of course other bits that made it on screen don't make any more sense, at least they focused on the new main cast.

Rogue One is technically a prequel too

>at least they're original stories and George didn't rip himself off.
this doesn't make it any better.

You're right, he just ripped us off.

DisWars
Starney

I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid, and at this point I've really had it, but one thing I appreciate and respect is Mark Hamill not being afraid to say what he really thinks about this shit. I'll see episode VIII in theaters just because of him. I need to see the state of Luke. I can't help it.

>Sup Forums will hate this: The Autism Awakens.
>Sup Forums will hate this: Revenge of the Cuck.
>Sup Forums will hate this: The Last White Male.

Franchise will be fine. People will call this movie amazing.

Disney's mistake was having Hamil do the promotion. He's not going to just shill and lie. He'll tell the truth. But at any rate he's probably going to be off promotion duties soon, every interview it looks like he's gong to give away massive spoilers just by accident kek.

Im glad they're finally getting rid of all the BORING white male characters. Diversity FTW

What was Mark thinking at this moment?

Why do people need Hamill to say it was shit for people to think it was shit?

TFA was a fucking hack job. It copied the plot from the very first movie and it seemed to deliberately turn the black guy and Driver into joke characters.

Throughout the entire movie you don't feel any tension because they make it clear the girl character, as long as she is involved, will somehow save the day.

Yet despite all these flaws people were ranting and raving about how PERFECT it was. It got a 92 percent on RT with a 4.3 user rating.

What am I not getting?

Yep. Even on tv we had redditors saying how TFA was better than the prequels. Pathetic

>That line about how Mark will now want his kids or grandkids working in Hollywood until they are 18 at least

I mean, I know it was a warning for how child stars in regards to Josh Llyod but do you think Mark knows about Pedowood?

what are these images from

Probably a determination that with enough faith we could save Star Wars. People wanted it to succeed so badly after the prequels that nobody really wanted to be that voice of reason. I think audiences will begin admitting TFA sucks openly after Last Jedi is released if it does indeed suck.

Hysteria moments have happened in culture or government before where everyone agrees to just go along with it.

while that may be part of it, I think he cares more about it fucking their heads up.

Did everyone act like this for Phantom Menace? I didn't pay attention to opinion at that time (was too young).

All the above are in chronological order. Except this one, which actually goes before all the others.

youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I&t=3m4s

last / bonus image

youtube videos. The diehards interviewed after opening night viewings verbally said it was great, but their face said the opposite.

daisy is so pretty

at least disney has good taste

she's trash. those fucking teeth. that disgusting voice. I couldn't fuck her blindfolded

>t. Plebbitor

cuz you got a limp little noodle

Is Rey the lovechild of Luke and Leia?

She is so girl-next-door cute, yum.

>jesus christ, she could tear through metal with those chompers

How rude;_;

Fans praised it to deny their disappointment but critics panned it.

It could be any number of things. Deep denial, legitimate stupidity, bandwagon mentality. The hype can really distort your judgement if you love something enough. I was in deep denial when I saw TFA the first time. I thought it was the fucking best and ended up seeing it 6 times in the theater. After the second viewing I began to question my enjoyment of the movie, but I also tried to deny my own negative thoughts about the movie, because let's face it; we all wanted Star Wars to be good again after all the hate the prequels got, and it was really hard to swallow the fact that it didn't actually happen, that we didn't get what was promised to us. Nearly a year and a half later, I see how shit TFA was, so it worries me that there are still millions of Star Wars fans out there who haven't realized it yet. It could take some of them 10 years or more.

(nice trips)
these are my exact thoughts about TFA