Twin Peaks

only a month is left.

Who is rewatching the show before it returns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bij6d-KU4aA
youtube.com/watch?v=16ZPJE8PZT8
denofgeek.com/movies/24601/looking-back-at-twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't know OP it seems like it's

Juuuuuuuust youuuuuuuuuu and Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i wanted to, but i can't seem to get in the right mood to watch it
the first time i ever watched twin peaks it was beautifully comfy and snowing outside, and i don't know if it'll be the same if i watch it again now

Fuck sake Maddy - you totally just ruined the moment between me and OP

One ep a day for me since the beginning of the month. I'm past the solving of Palmer's murder, in which the series dips.
Plan on watching Fire Walk with Me for the first time on the 1st.

Should I watch Fire Walk with Me first or after ?

absolutely after - it will spoil the show despite being a prequel

First time I watched Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me I became obsessed with Laura Palmer and had her on my mind for at least a month afterwards

Doubt I'll top that, never cared more for a fictional character.

Watch it and rewatch it in between every episode of the show

same

it feels like even the type of food i was eating at the time would have an impact on a second viewing, like if i couldn't bring myself to eat that regularly enough to watch every episode it wouldn't be worth it to taint the memory of the original

you left out 4 bars of instrumental guitar so it didn't work. Joke's on you.

yeah but f-fuck you m-mister at least I tried

>First time I watched Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me I became obsessed with Laura Palmer and had her on my mind for at least a month afterwards

I didn't care much for Laura after the series but holy fuck did the movie change that. It's genius in how it reveals the real tragedy that lies beneath the quirky TV world full of lovable fun characters.

The part where she goes to the Roadhouse and Questions in a World of Blue is playing, it's this brief beautiful moment before she sits down with those guys and says "So you wanna fuck the homecoming queen?" and it's clear just how horribly damaged she's been by the whole thing, I fucking cried.

>Those poor fucks tricked into watching the extended pilot that gives away the ending

Is there a fate worse than this?

me

whilst it would be awful I feel it would involve a lot of stupidity, like it must be harder to find that than the actual pilot

>my mom's a drunk whore

Why did James feel the need to share this?

I think you would be suprised. The boxset I owned had the series and the pilot, I only knew which one to watch first because of the Amazon reviews warning people.

oh wow, pahahaha my friend just bought the gold boxset thing and I've just seen that disc 1 alone is the extended pilot, I might tell him to watch that first haahaha

How does it spoil it?

reveals who the killer is, something which isn't revealed until half way through season 2

I bet loads of people did it, Lynch is so fucking META

Are you me? I would rewatch that scene and cry, I revisited Fire Walk With Me scenes almost every day for weeks after I saw it, just to see those scenes that hurt the most, I don't know why but it really did have such an impact on me, I never have felt that much for a protagonist. I probably would have been destroyed if the movie had't have had that tinge of optimism at the end, seeing Laura smile as Cooper comforted her.

Laura is the heart of Twin Peaks to me.

lol

>Laura is the heart of Twin Peaks to me.

She was a cokewhore

Is lynch directing all episodes of s3?

he's written and directed all of them

I'm still in this phase! I recently finished TW for the first time and watched FWWM and The Missing Pieces this week. And I want more, I don't even care if it's just random dialogue with no plot but I wanna see more of Laura.

what would Sup Forums do in this situation?

Audrey my dear, we're friends and you are a virgin. So you'd better bite the pillow because I won't be ruining your hymen

Immediately head to the diner to see the best girls.

Download "The Entire Mystery Bonus Content" from rutracker. It has the bonus bit "Between Two Worlds" where Lynch interviews the Palmer family.

Sheryl Lee also did an audiobook version of the Laura Palmer Diaries, I don't know if it is out yet, I think it is.

Sheryl Lee really is terrific, one of the best female performances I've ever seen in that movie.

I would tell her to fuck off.

Make babby

>Download "The Entire Mystery Bonus Content" from rutracker. It has the bonus bit "Between Two Worlds" where Lynch interviews the Palmer family.
I watched that on YouTube. The Audiobook is coming out May 2nd or something. I can't wait for it.

i have to rewatch the show because i honestly forgot everything about it

was anybody else completely shocked when Killer Bob was revealed to be the killer.
He would have been on the bottom of my list of suspects

He was perfect cast. One of the creepiest looking guys I've ever seen. The midget was perfect, too. Too bad one of them is dead and the other is mental.

I don't know what you're talking about. Clearly David Lynch is actually a serial murderer rapist pedophile who wrote the show based on his experience of actually raping his daughter. Mike J Anderson did nothing wrong.

I wasn't aware of what was going on with the actor, googled his name and holy fucking shit that is funny, is that why he isn't returning to the reboot haha

>Download "The Entire Mystery Bonus Content" from rutracker.
I see no such torrent there...

nevermind, I found it

Fire Walk With Me is one of the best films I've ever seen. The Pink Room sequence is top tier film-making.

>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Bij6d-KU4aA

I think it's probably the best depiction I've seen of being wasted in film - the POV shots from Donna mostly and I love how you can hardly hear the characters

>Fargo
>The Leftovers

And soon Twin

a good month for kino shows lads

I'd tell her to stop being such a crazy bitch, and put on some clothes.

I just saw the Missing Pieces recently and holy shit some of the stuff in there was pure gold. The extra scenes with Jeffries were amazing and the Extended Convenience Store scene was probably the scariest moment in all of Twin Peaks. The scene with Pete in there was great too. I can see why a lot of it was cut but good chunks of it would have improved the movie.
Also I saw it after reading the shooting script and was disappointed to see that the scene with Ben Horne wasn't filmed because it was probably my favorite from the script that wasn't in the film.

How, I couldn't?

these
people who dont understand how amazing and tragic fire walk with me is are plebs. ITs an amazing horror film

Remember when Tarantino outed himself as supreme pleb by shitting on Fire Walk With Me. It's got to be embarassing for him, and all the critics who shat on it, to look back and see just how wrong they were

>I think it's probably the best depiction I've seen of being wasted in film

Bingo. The simple touch to actually muffle the voices due to the loud music and adding subtitles instead was amazing too, it really added to the feeling of confusion and squalor.

Going to see Mulholland Drive tomorrow because it's showing at a local cinema thanks to the recent HD re-release Lynch did. Heard it was one of his best. I'm excited to see a Lynch film in cinemas because I only started watching his stuff about 5 months ago beginning with Twin Peaks.

youtube.com/watch?v=16ZPJE8PZT8
New trailer from the Twin Peaks YouTube channel. For the old series but still nice to see.

>Tarantino outed himself as supreme pleb by shitting on Fire Walk With Me

Source

You won''t regret it, I saw Blue Velvet, Lost Highway as well.Cinema was audibly laughing through Blue Velvet, fucking hilarious.

Was there any clapping?

Never saw Lost Highway. So far I've seen Eraserhead, Elephant Man, Fire Walk with Me and Blue Velvet. I think Blue Velvet was the weakest of them. Didn't go weird enough for me personally but even Lynch's worst is still better than most people's best. Dennis Hopper was definitely the highlight of it.

there are lots of other sources but
denofgeek.com/movies/24601/looking-back-at-twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me

>At the festival for the first time with his debut feature, Reservoir Dogs, director Quentin Tarantino went so far as to say: "I’m not ragging on other people, but after I saw FWWM […] David Lynch has disappeared so far up his own ass that I have no desire to watch another […] Lynch film until I hear something different. "

So why no trailer a month before release?

Because Lynch.

because Lynch is a disgusting cock tease who knows everyone who would watch it are going to watch it regardless of trailers

It's Lynch. He won't even say what the show's about other than Cooper's Odyssey back to Twin Peaks and it wasn't even him who said that, it was one of the people from Showtime.

I got to about 30 minutes into the pilot before kind of forgetting about it, I feel like people wouldn't care as much about a death like they do in the show so it kind of took me out of it a bit

I think at the end of Mulholland Drive there was, I can't quite remember.

Wait until you get to Wild at Heart it's the worst of all

Forgot to mention I'm watching Dune tomorrow as well.

Mully Dr. was my favorite Lynch movie but now I'm scared that it would disappoint me if I watch it again after seeing FWWM.

Come on, Wild at Heart has some really good scenes. A couple of Badalamenti's tracks are great, too.

Yeah I like all of Lynch's films, nothing against wild at heart but it's nowhere near his other works. If you want goofy slapstick cage and prime Dern with a good soundtrack it's fine.

Btw Laura Palmer's killer is her dad.

Ben Horne isn't Laura's dad, what the fuck, user.

Btw Laura Palmer's killer is the sheriff

Leland did nothing wrong.

Btw Laura Palmer's killer is James

Daily reminder that Billy Zane was the real villain of the show.

Btw Laura Palmer's killer is Log-Lady's Log

Lara Flynn Boyle is the true villain. There would be no Billy Zane if not for her meddling

Lol, he was my #1 suspect actually. Was pretty surprised when the killer was revealed to be Donna.

Why the fuck are people spoiling who all the killers are - is it a fucking wickerman scenario or something?

Maybe Kyle MacLachlan was the true villain for going along wit her bullshit in hopes of some quick pussy? Or is he too based?

>can't find a torrent of FWWM from The Entire Mystery boxset on rutracker, but can find fucking fan edits and multiple torrent of The Missing Pieces

Why did Kyle choose Lara Flynn Boyle to date when he had much better options?

>trusting David "Shot on Shiteo" Lynch

is the general consensus that season 1 is better than season 2?

She was just sort of there. That's good enough for Kyle I guess.

Pleb filter caught you out huh

Yes.
S1 has the murder mystery to keep all it's wheels on track, the moment that gets resolved it starts to shamble. The magic is still there but there's a lot of missing ingredients that make the quality suffer.
I personally like Earle's Ruse Cruise, but I can understand why it puts some people off.

digital has come a long way since then
and he chose that camera specifically for aesthetic reasons. It made the move look like a fever dream.

The general consensus is that the first half of Season 2 is on par with if not better than the 1st. The second is just alright with too many necessary subplots.
I personally liked all of the FBI/ Earle stuff in Season 2 but nearly everything else was a bit shit. Anything with the Major is automatically a 10.

Yep. Ben Horne was the only good thing about S2.

After re-watching it, nah, not really. I think the first 9 episodes of season 2 are better, and the season 2 finale defines the whole series for me. You have to wade through a lot of crap in the back half of season 2 to get to the Black Lodge stuff, but that's really the heart of the whole show.

that looks really bad

Definitely the best character in the show

>Those singing and dancing scenes

Shelley and Donna still looking good

Mairzy Doats

Do the sexxing

That's a very generous picture of lara flynn boyle user

Ohhhhhhh, mares eat oats, and does eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy! A kid'd eat ivy too, wouldn't you?

yeah Donnas looking real good