What did Sup Forums think of this mid 90s kino?

What did Sup Forums think of this mid 90s kino?

Not very good.

Awful unless you're a pedo.

I wish they could remake this but nowadays this shit wouldn't pass at all. I mean the message was great but the way it was directed was honestly shit-tier.

it makes virgins uncomfortable

see the first two posters

Nah. It's just not a very well made movie.

a good movie. really liked the aesthetic of dirty mid 90's new york

Doesn't every decade get at least one of these "miscarried youth we just don't get" films? In any case, this one is really forced in themes, story and characterization.

Pretty much. Early 00s had Thirteen. Now we have 13 Reasons Why.

What would be the 80's one? 'The Breakfast Club'? It's not alarming and scared enough, is it?

13 reasons why has this whole rape, but in kids they literally show the rape did 13 reasons why show the rape?

Maybe Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Shit went bad for the HIV kid

I wonder how many it years it was between him giving that girl the bug and him moving to Baltimore to team up with bubs

brutal, raw, honest

captures that point in everyone's life at that time very well. sure some here may call them normies but thats what it was like

a time when white guys in particular were still cool. korine is definitely an auteur btw.

I dunno, man. I don't think a stoner comedy fits into the category.

One of the first movies that gave me a boner. That first girl was so fucking hot.

the guy who played Casper hung himself.
a guy who owned a skate shop I went to knew the guy he was a semi profesional skateboarder

You consider Fast Times to be a stoner comedy? Interesting.

>Now we have 13 Reasons Why.

No, now we have White Girl.

Both him and Telly were discovered while they were skateboarding in NYC.

Great movie. It peels back a layer from the popular conception of cool hip youth culture that was so big in the 90s.

Maybe it's just because Sean Penn's character is what I remember more clearly, but okay, there were other non-stoner protagonists. It's just the movie doesn't really have that sense of dread that makes old ladies shake their heads at teenagers.

Over the Edge was late 70s early 80s and was more in the troubled youth vibe.

I liked it direction wise it had this pseudo-documentarian style but didn't have none of the shakycam bullshit you see today. The whole thing seems so detached like a weird creepy shooting being payed to film kids engaging in this shit without ever interacting with them. If you want more of that check out the doc Limelight directed by the same guys who did Cocaine Cowboys. It's about a Canadian guy who comes to America to open up a bunch of crazy nightclubs in Manhattan in the 80s and 90s. Remember in Kids that scene where Chloe Sevingy goes to a weird underage club full of drugs and sex? This guy ran clubs like that one around that time only to get shut down once Giuliani came into power and tried to clean up the streets of NYC. That's the sad thing about Kids is that a movie like that could never made in NYC. Most clubs cater to Wall Street yuppies, NYC is way too clean to be gritty (no seriously, most California cities like LA and SF are fucking disgusting compared to NYC), also how expensive is it to live in NY? In the movie all the kids lived in Manhattan. Is that still possible? Liberal policies in most big cities have it almost impossible to live there.

>Over the Edge

Haven't seen it, will have to look it up.

I just thought of one, it's not set in the 80's but it *is* an 80's movie: The Outsiders.

He's was pretty fucking good in Bully. Speaking of Larry Clark, you guys might like Ken Park. I grew up in a similar areas as the kids in Ken Park. The whole thing is practically a documentary.

NYC has been cleaned up but it's still gross. L.A. is way better imo.

You're talking about Peter Gatian. If you're interested in that stuff, watch Party Monster and the documentaries that go with it.

I liked Ken Park alot

The Outsiders was decent but I feel it has more of a 50s vibe with the greasers and the socs. Matt Dillon is in both.

I HAVE NO LEGS

Fuck you, you conservative bitch!

Kinographya pura.

Not true at all. I didn't watched it for the sex.