drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
youtube.com/watch?v=E78dSjXziE8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post the resources nerd

Does anyone even use them?

I might.

Another burger here with the save

>Learning resources
Check """pastebin.com/ACEmVqua"""; for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides.
/lang/ is currently short on those image guides, so if you can pitch in to help create one for a given language, don't hesitate to do so!

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages:
Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#

ty babe

I've never seen a single person use any of the resources, pretty sure lots of the links are broken in them too

I've used the drive a good deal and many of the links in the pastebin lead to perfectly functional sites. The guides are also helpful for people just starting out.

okay, you're the first person I've known to do that

if you're not in the discord you're a langlet

>discord

nth for the japonic-koreanic language family

good let me download the latest fad messenger app kik-whatsapp-weibo-facebook messenger-discord

I'm just looking for someone that i could spam with dutch , russian AND indonesian shit
Like messanges and voice messanges !!!!!!
I just need an internet friend , that's my way of learning.
I speak spanish , italian , english and swedish btw.

Yes. I discovered Lingvist because of it. It's not the greatest, but it's a decent adjunct to my other study tools.

The FSI course seems awful. Memrise seems decent. Clozemaster was annoying. Anki is ok. Radio.garden is actually really cool.

But googledrive links always sketch me out. Not clinking that shit

Le bumpe

my memrise progress

50.2% percent done with Norwegian A1 course

Started double-fisting languages yesterday.

Been doing German for the last 4/5 months, and now i'm restarting Italian again after 2 years. The first few chapters are going to be ezpz review, but hopefully it wont be too difficult to dual-boot after that

Bit bored desu
I can make a couple of /lang/ op pictures (like those on Sup Forums) if there's want

what kinid of pictures are you talking about

do you think people would appreciate it if I subtitled foreign shows into English?

I was using trying to learn Hebrew using an app called mondly

For some reason when I try to use it it won't connect

It worked on mobile data

It also worked in my uni but after a week it won't connect to the server

Why do you want to study Hebrew?

Pretty easy to learn it as an Arabic speaker

After I finish with Hebrew I'm going to try and learn Aramaic

I mean are going to be a spy or something? Do you plan visiting Israel?

What does it mean in German when you say to a man with a puppy, "Los auf Spot!" Spot is the name of the puppy.

Bump

Bump

thank you for all that you do

You guys know any fun idioms in your target languages?

"Mi o vuk i vuk je na vrata"
Used as speak of the devil in Serbo-croatian

>I've never seen a single person use any of the resources
well of course not, you're behind a fucking screen
i use them

I use them, so post em, every fucking time.

No
I don't want this conflict to rise or be part of it

I just want peace between us

I looked at the guides when I first started, we used to post them in the thread but now they are in that copypasta. Also found Lingvist in that which I enjoy.

How does lingvist work actually? I tried it for a short while and it seems like just typing words over and over

Ok in that case I wish you good luck in your studies. That's the spirit

yeah i'm planning on a visit to Israel in Tel Aviv

Give me 1 (one) single reason to learn Finnish

to read memes on finnish image boards

In a few decades finnish image boards will be written in Swedish

that's why you better hurry now to learn finnish so you can read the memes before they're gone

in a few decades there won't be any swedish speakers left in finland

Yes, they'll all speak arab and bantu languages

foreign languages don't do well in Sweden

most foreigner's grandchildren will exclusively have swedish as their native tongue

we'll love you if you do it

The contrast in comfyness between this thread and the discord is staggering. Never going there again.

bump

Give me a quick rundown on what happens there

Where does your motivation come from guys? I started learning german in highschool because i was a rammstein fan and loved reading about world war 2 and nazi germany (not a storm fag just like history). and then traveled to germany and fell in love with the country.

right now
I speak spanish, B2 in german , basic french, I dont really have as much motivation to learn french as I do german though.

What motivates you guys?

My German motivation comes from the fact that i'm living in a German speaking country rn.
My Italian motivation comes from muh heritage.

My motivation wavers though, but I find making myself use it with native speakers is a really good pick-me-up (so long as you consistently underestimate yourself lol)

why havent you learned french my dude?

and what motivates you to learn english? Sup Forums?

He speaks English already, that's the Canadian living abroad.

you still can't speak Swiss German yet? Seen you on here for months

Idk, lad. I just like german. But there are advantages if I learn german.
>Masters and Phd in austria, Germany, netherlands.
>knowing a whole new world in literature and history
>Settle in germany

what said
Ya son i'm always lurking. I can work with it a little bit, and listening to it is slowly getting easier. I bought a phrase book that goes over all kinds of different situations, and also has a table of swiss german pronouns, verb/verb conjugations, articles etc, so that's given me a bit of material to work with and has been super helpful.

Swiss german funfact: "huere" (whore, prostitute) is used to mean "very" or "really"
so "huere guet" = "whore good" = "very good" :^)

wump

wump

wump

Hi, guys what is the difference between hören and sich etwas hören. I have two sentences so you can explain me better.
>Gestern, hörte ich mich eine Merkel-Rede über Einwnderer an
>Aber endültig verliebte ich mich in die Deutsch Sprache, als ich Borges darüber sprechen hörteP

>tfw studying swedish
>tfw the suffix system is raping me
>tfw still the easiest / best language / culture / country ever

I'm guessing it's a bunch of 20 year olds bragging about how educated and chad they are

I'm confused. I don't think your sentences use hören and sich etwas hören.

The first sentences uses anhören. If you take out the gestern and the Merkel-Rede part, the sentence is
> ich höre mich _______ an

The second is only uses hören. If you take out the Deutsch Sprache and the Bürger sprechen part, you have
> ich hörte

My German is not that good though

At least it made the phledditors leave as quickly as they arrived. As long as it doesn't remove core users of this general, they can certainly circle-jerk over there all they want.

yh it's totally that

thanks mane, swiss german sounds like an awesome dialect, when I become fluent I want to learn the saechsisch dialect because my grills parents are from Saxon

sich is reflexive word, mich is the conjugated form of "I". Like when spanish speakers say ,

Me da gusto, "me" is like mich in Ich freue mich

ich hore mich can be like , me pongo a eschuchar musica

Hore is just in spanish , Eschucho sin "me"

Alright I finished a couple of these images, gonna start posting all 8. Feel free to repost/use as op images, bump post etc

Also if you have written down something, but don't know how to make them into a proper chart then post about it, I can probably help

last

And yeah, I'm not waifufagging or anything, this show has pretty good language usage - all written stuff in the show is in french (because in-show the characters use and speak french), there's a french insert song in the show, they hired a japanese VA that knows German to speak it in the show, language difficulties is an actual plot point in one episode, they use kanji as personal logograms, etc.
Source is in the image

No need to justify, I like the anime themed OP pics (and we're on Sup Forums, so if someone doesn't they can fuck off). Some of these I really like, especially (although a tad wordy) and

what practice did you do today? I did my meme duolingo

wump

still finishing up my due anki cards, will do a pimsleur after

Going to start relearning French today. I learned it back in high school so I'm not totally blind. I think I'll do 20 mins on the morning and 20 mins before I go to sleep

i love you
>bump

im doing a bit of traveling today so im gunna take some italian notes on the train and do some german anki

for me its a mixed bag. since ive been in switzerland for about 3 months now, high german has started to feel a little stiff and dry, but it also a lot easier to understand. Swiss german is more "fun" and can sound nice as long as the accent isnt too strong. I have one friend who speaks so swiss, its like the german equivalent of an irish accent sometimes.

That said I like dialects a lot. They add some character to a language and sort of give a sense of identity. Its just hard when the dialect could be mistaken for its own language lol.

lol that's a pretty solid way to score some points with a grills parents. i dated a japanese girl for like a month and her mom was basically obsessed with me since I spoke their dialect of japanese

Doing my quizlet flashcards from my harry potter book, then i'm gonna read a page or so

"Mi o vuku , a vuk na vratima." is correct.
Means in tranliteration "we(are talking) about wolf and wolf is at the doors"

>her mom was basically obsessed with me
how sneaky you white pig!

Buzzfeed tried to teach several of their employees French with that same method

youtube.com/watch?v=E78dSjXziE8

tủa sỏq gảe ka

>this kills the duolingofags

Nice work, very comfy.

;^)

Can anyone recommend me a grammar book that I can torrent for French? Hoping to find one book that I can use for all French grammar.

Have you checked the torrent thread or the image guides in the pastebin? Not actually studying French so that's about all I can suggest right now

French grammar us simple desu. Any book will be useful. There is a good one in google drive.

I don't use duolingo. I use clozemaster and it is better

Good work, lad. Saved