Anyone else love this movie

Anyone else love this movie

Any other good time travel movies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fxqe8Xq6LBQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I fucking hate this movie. Their treatment of time travel is so fucking stupid.

To be honest I usually hate time travel in movies/books/tv but I really enjoyed this one

I wish there were more scenes with Paul Dano.

it could've been a sci-fi classic.

In what ways? Please elaborate

I loved the inevitability in the ending until he shoots himself

youtu.be/fxqe8Xq6LBQ

>it could've been a sci-fi classic.

I'm under this impression as well but can never tell what's that last push it is missing.

the make up was so fucking stupid goddamn

Please stop posting this shit.

Its a great little film. I quite enjoy it. But to each their own.

Better ending.

It just fucking annoys me how it's always posted first, even though there are a hundred better movies out there.

All the other movies ITT are kino btw

the CGI JGL was too weird

the plotting in Timecrimes is so cheap and not really smart.

Triangle is a much better version of it.

>catched

Too much time spent in a boring house in the middle of nowhere. The premise was wasted.

The ending kinda sucked too, but the first hour is great imo

Back to the Future trilogy
Time Traveller's Wife
About Time
Timeline

lost highway
mothman prophecies

I didn't like it at all, mainly because every single character was an asshole and I didn't care if they all died.

>mainly because every single character was an asshole

That was the best part though, Bruce trying to talk some sense into JGL despite him being a little shit was great.

not this guy but my main issue was that each time travel to past would create different reality, which to me seemed like a lazy way of avoiding plot holes. and following that thought, we are not able to bound with any of the characters because ultimately they are different versions of themselves once one of them travel back in time, so none of them are actually the same character in the end

I'm a physicist, so I'm fucking ultra autistic when it comes to realism in movies, especially when I've seen lots of others movies handle it correctly.

If time travel is possible, then the future and the present must exist together simultaneously. They exist as one coherent blend. You can't go back in time, change the past and have it immediately affect the present such as looper does ever few minutes.

For example, JGL's character starts changing aspects of his present, such as getting a new scar, and suddenly Bruce Willis has the same new scar magically appear on his chest in order to be consistent with the new past which was made by JGL's character. Literally violates every known physical law.

Other movies have done time travel justice. Hell even Interstellar did it properly. I did not enjoy looper. I couldn't see passed that ridiculousness.

same physicist user here. See
as a movie which has done time travel 100% correctly.

>I'm a physicist
Fuck off back to /x/ you roleplaying faggot.

Fucking physicist.

Oops, wrong link.
See
Time lapse is spot on.

I liked Time Crimes

>this fictional movie didn't follow the rules I made up

It's fiction, they get to play by whatever rules they themselves make up and one of the points of Looper is no one actually knows how time travel works and they're just doing their best not to utterly destroy space-time.

>done time travel 100% correctly.
Don't make me get fucking angry with you you fucking stupid retard. You're either talking shit or have ZERO knowledge of physics.

Time isn't a fucking linear dimension you can travel forward, backward or any other fucking direction along. Time is a consequence of change. To reverse "time" you have to put EVERY particle back to it's previous state. That's how time-travel works.

Don't come on here fucking roleplaying physics cos I'll blow you the fuck out. Faggot.

bump

Most time travel movies are terrible. Mainly because it's difficult to write.

But this one really stands out as exceptionally bad. I really, not-trolling here at all, consider this to be one of the best idiot filters available for recent film. It has so many plot holes and such terrible writing that if anyone were to say "I love Looper!" I would immediately judge them by the statement.

It's a great movie. I wanted to watch it tonight, but I couldn't find it. I am watching Watchmen instead.

I don't think anyone has ever said "I love Looper!" though. At most they've said it was alright.

good movie 8/10
one reason I'm still cautiously optimistic about Ep 8

>Ep 8
Ep 8 of what, Looper?

incest lol

yes, ep 8 of looper

Time Crimes is almost a shit movie but it redeems itself by actually being a really dark comedy. The main character is so fucking terrible it works.

Also can we got some comfy obscure sci-fi/time travel kino in here?

Nirvana - Italian Johnny Mnemonic with Christopher Lambert in it. Not Time Travel but comfy as fuck.

>What is string theory
>What is quantum physics

Damn son it's an enjoyable movie chill the fuck out

nerds getting upset over a fictional concept.
Time travel will never be accurately portrayed because it is literally impossible you spergs

What the fuck is wrong with Primer you pseud

Timecrimes

stop posting this shit

Same user as earlier. I'm a post doc in cosmology at McGill University. Time can be bent and such as per GR so there is no implication of needing to be linear, and that isn't my point anyway. My point is that time travel needs to be consistent with all events past and future even if it is curved. If a time dimension is self connected across its own manifold then all events on that timeline have ALWAYS been consistent at all times. There are NO redo's, you can't go back and punch yourself in the face for the first time. You were ALWAYS punched in the face at that time. It had always happened.

In the movie, JGL's character changed the present and affected Bruce Willis character on the fly. Bruce Willis' character literally watches a scar appear on his body, or a limb disappearing in real time.That is not possible. It's laughable.

Carry on.

Something that you know nothing about, except for shitty youtube videos and wikipedia articles.

>I'm a physicist
>I couldn't see passed that ridiculousness.

I hated Looper because the film is fucking retarded.
Also, I was on Bruce Willis' side the whole time, fuck JGL.

>plot holes in Looper

name one or two

I agree. I'm not saying you shouldn't like it. I'm just saying it bugged me in particular. I'm sure if you had your profession improperly done on film it would probably bug you as well.

i didn't care for looper but the scene where old paul dano gets dismembered really creeped me out despite it making no sense.

i remember having time travel debates with my brother after watching harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban. we came to the conclusion there's only 2 ways time travel makes any sense.

1. there's a single timeline. you time traveling back always happened so it's impossible to ever change anything.

2. infinitely many timelines where each time you time travel, you create a new timeline and you can change the "future" as much as you like.

Same, movies like this trigger me hard. They did a good job of lampshading it with the "nobody cares about how time travel works" line, but it was still bugging me the whole time I was in the theater.

deja vu and source code were both decent

It was ok haven't seen it since it came out, better than most sci-fi movies of recently

Though Jgl tries a bit too hard to make Bruce Willis faces

Your thinking about time travel is too narrow-minded. Although I agree that Looper's handling of it in general is retarded, there are many other ways to think of time travel than the past/present/future existing simultaneously. There is the possibility of alternate timelines; there is also the possibility of time being a stable "flow" but only from one person (the observer's) perspective, but this sort of thinking goes back into alternate timelines/world lines.
Looper doesn't really tackle time travel realistically at all, but it's not like what you stated is the only way to think of it. If you were a real physicist you'd at least know some of the other hypotheses.

I remember thinking it had good acting, good direction, and a shit script. It really pulled me in at the beginning but I probably would've left 2/3s of the way through if I wasn't at the theater.

I was enjoying it until it turned into an annoying little kid movie then I stopped caring and wanted it to be over.

Primer is the best movie that's been posted in this thread.

>time travel
>good

time travel as a theatrical concept was borne, lived and died with the back to the future series