youtube.com/watch?v=DXjOOS4zAq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cool and clean and all i've ever known.

YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER

Why must you call down another blow

what show is this?

SWEET PERFUME OF INCENSE

graceful rooms of alabaster stone

WHO MADE MAN'S MOUTH? Who made the deaf, the mute, the SEEING OR THE BLIND? DID NOT I!?

PAARTLLY FISH
PPARTTLLYY PORPOISE
PPARTLY BAAABBBY SPEERMMM WHALLLE

now go

now GO!

Do a stone by the the feet of the mountain consider itself less important than one at the mountains peek?

Gee, I didn't watch this in English.

The angel of death scene with the last plague is spooky as shit.

how can disney even compete?

Rameses, you bring this on yourself..

MUD

Top tier

wtf i wanna watch this now

even the cast is 10/10.

and we'll never get an animated film with a more talented cast

>ralph fiennes did his own singing
why is he so based?

youtube.com/watch?v=GrUTsJ-8s1k
GOAT song too

>When the angel departs into the sky with all the children's souls then it's a dead silent shot of the dark city for a few moments, then you hear echoes of the distant cries of all the mothers as they discover their dead children

tfw ramses just wanted to bro it up with moses and rule the world

God is scary in this movie. Not overtly but he's very intimidating and unearthly.

persecuting jews makes him wanna sing

just realized that they always make him kill jews

>god was voiced by Val Kilmer with all the rest of the cast's voices as whispers
>they were originally going to have his voice be a man, a woman and a child all speaking at once but it sounded too bizarre and distracting
Neat.

And they made sure you knew Moses felt real shit about it too

>they were originally going to have his voice be a man, a woman and a child all speaking at once but it sounded too bizarre and distracting

that would have been amazing

BY THE POWER OF RA !
MUT,NUT,KHNUM,PTAH,NEPHTHYS,NEKHBET,SOBEK,SEKHMET,SOKAR,SELKET,RESHPU,WADJET,ANUBIS,ANUKIS,SESHMU,MESHKENT,HEMSUT,TEFNUT,HEKET,MAFDET>"sing faster"
RA,MUT,NUT ,PTAH,HEMSUT,TEFNUT,SOKAR,SELKET,SESHMU,RESHPU,SOBEK,WADJET,HEKET,MAFDET,NEPHTHYS,NEKHBET
RA !!!

>a man, a woman and a child all speaking at once

cool idea, good thing shadow of the colossus picked that up for their version of god

MOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEES

MOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I recall they didn't do it because it sounded demonic rather than angelical.
A "We are Legion" thing.

Remove your sandals, for you stand on sacred ground.

>God is scary in this movie. Not overtly but he's very intimidating and unearthly.
God of the Burning bush is like that,

>Into your dreams, into your sleep
>Until you break, until you yield
>I send the swarm, I send the horde

Is fucking terrifying.

This is the DreamWorks kino known as The Prince of Egypt. A movie.

God damn glorious

remember that time they got a white austrailian to play ramses

lmao

>other animated movies won't have any drop of blood
>this one has a literal river of blood and people smearing lamb's blood on their doors

I didn't see this. I couldn't imagine them doing the Exodus story better and I fully expected them to fuck it up by making it like a war movie or something dumb.

And yes, the casting is retarded.

Pure Demiurgekino.

One of the biggest failures about this movie is its agnostic inauthenticity

Would have been much better if Ridley played it straight

>this will never be as well known as aladdin or any other disney movie
I don't know whether to be disappointed that it doesn't get the recognition it deserves or relieved that normies don't flood its fanbase.

to be honest ancient egyptian didnt look like today egyptians , but they werent that white yes

SECOND BORN
SECOND PLACE

The damn cartoon movie played it straight, and I mean old Testament straight

In the southern states they call movies "shows". Means the same thing.

They looked like, well, the ones in the Prince of Egypt

what's some egypt kino?

besides the mummy

Dumbass casting aside, was this any good?

Watch it, Aaron!

Yes and that's one of the reasons it was fucking good is its earnestness

instead we got "oh well Moses might be a schizoid" and "oh well it might just be weird weather"

youtube.com/watch?v=LKaXY4IdZ40

Better and far closer to reality than a nigger.

This was my first theater movie experience years back

Exactly. God's in the movie, he's not really all that nice, but he is the god of his chosen people so he intervenes to help them. That's the story, no need to fuck with it.

You don't even need to be religious to appreciate the adaptation of the story. They didn't make it some kind of Christian recruitment tool by having god in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXjOOS4zAq4

I'm shocked that people on this board can even tolerate let alone enjoy this fine movie given how positive it is in depicting the Hebrews.

I liked that it made Moses and Ramesses actually like each other, it made the break between them have far more effect than in the 10 Commandments where they absolutely hate each other from birth.

its a really well made movie , the drawing and songs are great and its not the kind of religious movie like "god's not dead" who is trying to push propaganda down your throat , its just telling the story how it was written while taking some liberty here and there

>My father had the right idea about how to deal with your people... and now I'm going to finish the job
What did he mean by this?

We're not all Sup Forums drones here

exactly. You feel their anguish in every scene, even in their singing

WHY MUST YOU CALL DOWN ANOTHER BLOW
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?

It's an adaptation of a book written by hebrews and it's good enough to overlook that anyway.
That's my issue with movies that are pro-jew or have themes about diversity or shit like that. It's not the political shit that makes me mad, is the fact that they completely forget about making a good movies and instead just try to force their message down your throat.

That hiring Raimi on to write the script was a mistake.

The main reason is because it's not a "religious movie", it's an adaptation of Exodus, the story.

The Exodus is a religious story.

Take the staff, and with it, you will do...my....wonders!

You seem to be lost, the retard quarantine is in Sup Forums friend

You didn't get what I meant at all. It's an adaptation of a story in a religious book, it's not the same thing. I mean "religious movie" as in the genre.

Noah did and didn't play it straight. It played it straight in general events but it made it more fantasy and uncertain whether it was even supposed to be set on Earth.

Kinda worked. It was different anyway.

Would you differentiate between movies that deal with religious themes, even openly from a theistic perspective, such as Calvary, Flowers of St. Francis, Ordet, Diary of a Country Priest, Silence etc. from "religious movie" genre shit like God's Not Dead, Fireproof etc.

Yes, of course. But Prince of Egypt isn't just themes, they simply did a straight depiction of the Bible story (with light liberties) without making it into some kind of Christianity/Judaism advertisement, their number one goal was to make a good film that was accurate to the old testament story. It's something that should be done more often, not just with Bible stories either.

I'm not him, but I would. Films like calvary and silence can easily work from an non-religious, even atheistic mindset. They comment on the nature of religion and the human condition.

Genre shit like God's Not Dead have a clear moral agenda. Granted I've not seen it, perhaps it considers atheistic counterarguments seriously, but I doubt it.

>atheistic counterarguements

I thought atheism wasn't an ideology you fucking fedora. This is why people hate atheists.

That was poor phrasing on my part, calm the fuck down. All I meant was there are films which ask hard questions about faith, and there are films that don't.

Memes aside, that was pretty kino

Watched the shit out of it as a kid.

is this JewKino?

yes

HOW COULD YOU HAVE COME TO HATE ME SO?

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?!

best one i've seen of these

spooky

Perfect

Everyone and their mother knows the Bible isn't an accurate historical example of ancient Egypt so who cares, it's still a good story.