Do you 'get' Kubrick?

Do you 'get' Kubrick?

no, but I get carter.

edgy jew director

no but i get shorty

Sure, AMA.

mainstream director pretending to be avant garde

jew that new that jews run the show and got killed for it after his last shitty movie

he was never the giant he's regarded as now

yes

a jew so intelligent he wanted to convert to catholicism

I don't understand how you cannot "get" Kubrick - his films are all coherent, it isn't as if he made experimental arthouse pieces.

I am willing to defend Kubrick against some kubrick hate if there is any here that is looking for a fight.

There was never anything to "get" about Kubrick. He was just a guy who directed a few great movies who suddenly became a god to movie nerds when he died and it took years for the hype to die down. Now that the dust has settled, he's going through his natural and final renaissance of being just a guy who directed a few great movies. That's his legacy.

Just wait until David Lynch dies.

yes, of course, I'm not a pleb

no I think his films are garbage with only a clockwork orange and the shining being tolerable (not good, mind you). Eyes Wide Shut is literally the worst film I have ever seen.

if you disagree with me then I'm preemptively telling you to go back to plebbit which means it's too late to tell me to do that

you were 1 off some delicious trips so take THAT you Kubrick-loving-non-trip-getting-son-of-a-bitch

2001 a space odyssey isn't entertaining and isn't art. It's mediocre at best, and it's a shame that people consider it a great sci-fi movie.

Eyes Wide Shut is the most important movie of the last millennia

>Just wait until David Lynch dies.
It's kind of impressive that he's lived this long, given how much he smokes. I guess God really wants to know what happens to Cooper
no homo, but he's one of the few "celebrities" that I genuinely admire and I'll miss him when he's gone

>clockwork orange
>tolerable
I'm not sure how someone can make rape and murder boring, or have every character so unlikable and uninteresting that you just want the movie to end.

Shining was okay

Revisionism

Eyes Wide Shut was equal to Mozart's Magic Flute.

Pinnacle.

vincent cassel thread?

What in particular do you dislike? Do you think they're overwrought, slow, or just too weird? Are you someone that thinks he's pandering too much to general audiences?

Maybe I'll get some trips this time.

Would you like to go into a little more detail. I don't think it is boring and I do think it counts as art. I also think that it is a little overrated simply due to special effects but I think it still works quite well as a film