Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovak_border_fortifications
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ok

*loots ur entire country*

ok

IMBOSTER

I would have been really touched by this if I was Luke, I don't think my own dad even likes being in the same room with me

nice try swede subhuman, but poles will never forget what you did to them.

>but poles will never forget what you did to them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)

>During the wars the Commonwealth lost approximately one third of its population as well as its status as a great power.
>According to Professor Andrzej Rottermund, manager of the Royal Castle in Warsaw, the destruction of Poland in the deluge was more extensive than the destruction of the country in World War II.
>Rottermund claims that Swedish invaders robbed the Commonwealth of its most important riches, and most of the stolen items never returned to Poland. Warsaw, the capital of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, was completely destroyed by the Swedes, and out of a pre-war population of 20,000, only 2,000 remained in the city after the war.
>According to the 2012 Polish estimates, financial losses of Poland are estimated at 4 billion zlotys. Swedish invaders completely destroyed 188 cities and towns, 81 castles, and 136 churches in Poland.

>Swedish invaders completely destroyed 188 cities and towns, 81 castles, and 136 churches in Poland.
oh no how horrible, sweden how could you do this to these poor polish people?

Unironically why are they such a punching bag over there historically?

Pay reps to namibia and poland

we didnu nuffin

A combination of
>powerful and imperialistic neighbours
>internal strife and corruption
>foreign policy undermined by one or more of: pride, moral integrity, incompetence
>poorly defensible landscape

if they pay us for building most of their stuff, sure, we might consider it

wtf hungary

How did you avoid "some" of this? By broing up with Germany?

wtf luxembourg

>How did you avoid "some" of this?
they didn't
they were wiped off the map for far longer than Poland was

Small name, big ego.

That was a payment to access their market and labour, friend. They don't owe you anything for that.

You on the other hand owe them respect and humility.
And so do you.

I realize some of you may be upset by the memes on the internet or by smug lies and insults spewed by their present government, but the fact of the matter remains that Poles are no worse people than you are and it's unfair to offload your frustrations on them, and that would be true even if they were not already a nation that's gone through what they have.

habsburgs more like. And by not fighting in 1938, which is to this day a topic of what-if debates. Would we be able to hold off the Germans? For how long? Would our "allies" aid us, stay out of it or outright attack us for violating "their" treaty?

based luxembourg, those guys know what's up

Were the Soviets viewed favorably for "liberating" you in ww2

>by not fighting in 1938, which is to this day a topic of what-if debates. Would we be able to hold off the Germans? For how long? Would our "allies" aid us, stay out of it or outright attack us for violating "their" treaty?
I don't see any possibility that you would have fared better than the Poles did. It's probably better that you didn't otherwise there may have been horrific consequences like Prague being flattened the same way most Polish cities were.

Well. Yes, it was mandatory to view them favourably.

That said they did liberate us from the nazis. That we merely traded one tyrant for another and how they later persecuted and murdered our elites that fought against nazis was another story, even though it was not as bad for us as it was in case of Poland.

I'm inclined to agree, especially because at that point we would've been seen as "those assholes who undermined based chamberlains peace treaty" and couldn't really expect UK and France to do even as much (little) as they did in case of Poland, although part of me wonders how well the fortifications that stroke our national fantasies to this day would have held up. They were really pretty damn cool and had to be handed over without a fight.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovak_border_fortifications

Poor Netherlands

>Well. Yes, it was mandatory to view them favourably.
Good this it ended and you can celebrate real heroes.

I can see why this annoys you, but do you accept that you treated the Czech people unfairly post ww2?

*hyperblocks your path*

Indeed.

Personally I respect and value the fact that soviet soldiers fought against a great evil, even if it was not for our benefit and even if many of them plundered and raped their way through the country. I do not hold rank and file soldiers responsible for soviet involvement in communist coup or for judicial murders of decent people whose only guilt was being a potential threat to soviet ambitions.

The fact of the matter remains that soviet rule was atrocious pile of steaming shit and only very arrogant and ignorant people expect anyone to be thankful for it.