Are these things popular? Do people actually subscribe to this shit?

Are these things popular? Do people actually subscribe to this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ElmkmZ4eBg
youtube.com/watch?v=D6Ok0T04uiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, they are extremely popular. I believe normies get them so they have physical proof that they are "geeky" or "nerdy".

VERY cool

It's like having Christmas every month. $50 worth of geek gear for $19.99. You'd be stupid not to subscribe.

>tips for the perfect unboxing
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

People with too much income

>$50 worth of geek gear for $19.99
>$50

it's crap
at the very least there is one cool item in there that you'd want to keep.
think of the crap you see at cons that you don't want to buy.
that's loot crate.

if i had a bunch of disposable income i'd probably do shit like this. it'd be good for at least a few minutes of genuine joy

Lootcrate is a youtube cash cow. Without Jewtubers promoting them they'd be nothing, nobody.

I think I can safely say there isn't an item that has ever been a Lootbox that I would want to keep and I have no idea the specifics of what they sell

numales are like a parody of themselves

what drives a fully grown man to desire shit like this?

That's what I was thinking. It's probably just retarded teenagers stealing their moms' credit cards, nobody with half a functioning brain would spend money on this shit.

i hate how it's all just shit to display, not articulating toys you can actually play with

excessive meterialism

hoarding mentality

Idiots with disposable income, I imagine its a lot of people who work in silicon valley or work in the video game industry who buy this garbage

GIMME THE LOOT

GIMME THE LOOT

youtube.com/watch?v=6ElmkmZ4eBg

what the fuck is wrong with these people?

how do you get legitimately exited about junk that has some capeshit logo on it

Only good thing about loot crate is Bill Burr's disbelief at their advertising copy.

I fucking hate women
do they ever, EVER say anything original or insightful? what did she contribute to this video? FUCK

Love the dollar store Kevin Smith. Very cool.

You know what's better than $50 worth of geek gear?
KNAWLEDGE

$50

>legitimately excited
They're putting on an act. JewCrate won't give them monetization if they shit on it.

this. if it was real action figures and model kits, legos, and other stuff that's actually fun I might understand it.

instead it's like.. a Yoda bobble head, a Hulk t-shirt, and a plushie Mario mushroom. yay?

Paying $20 for a bunch of random crap you don't even know you'll like is fucking retarded.

as opposed to the fountains of wisdom coming from the guy in that video? also don't accuse other people of being unoriginal when you post this same shit in every thread like a tic

>stranger things t-shirt
>oh my gosh it's elevennnnn

When will "nerd culture" die?

>Oh, a pencil sharpener fell off!
>A pencil sharpener
Jesus fucking Christ.

Eleven in beloved by normies because it gives them an opportunity to feel pedosexual and not be persecuted for it

how else will you sharpen your X files™ pencils

It's a brilliant business model
>$3.50 worth of shit
>Say it's worth $50
>sell it for $20
fucking brilliant

is there at least a gambling aspect to this, where in 1 out 50 boxes there's something genuinely nice

No. Fuck you. Give them your money you fat shit.

a revolver and a single bullet?

>I'm a massive nerd and a geek!!!
Cool, got anything on arXiv I should take look at?
>Whats that?

Never. People have always gotten a high of being privy to something perceived as esoteric, even if the object of their attention isn't actually that. So long as nerd culture continues to be painted as some sort of hidden gem left unappreciated by the masses, even if theres a fucking blockbuster movie ever month dedicated to it, people will pretend to follow it. It gives them a sense of worth, however pathetic.

my retarded friends do this, and I call them fucking morons for being suckered into buying garbage
they just end up throwing it all out besides a t-shirt they might wear

>unboxing

kek

>arXiv
que

Estrogen in the water.

I only know one person who does, but he's kind of the infamously dumb one among my friends. The weirdest part is it's all stuff like random t-shirts (I don't even know if they give a fuck about sizes, but I'm pretty sure they don't), extra pre-order gamestop shit, and things like that which you would just get for free if you actually went to and did nerdy shit
No.

I actually subscribe to one of these services from j-list, it's a fingerbox crate. It's actually pretty neat: they ship different fingerboxes from all over the world. They're usually too small but the materials are rather nice, and for $60 a month you can't really beat that price.

you're basically helping them do inventory clearance of all the shit they can't get rid off normally

D) all of the above

I don't have it saved sadly, but someone once posted a screenshot a youtuber receiving an offer from some off-brand lootcrate ripoff to get $1000 per opening video to advertise their box, plus another $8 for every person that buys a subscriptions off their promo code.

And that's one of the off brand scamboxes. I imagine lootcrate itself pays even better.

Moral of the story, they're faking it. And I frankly can't blame them. Making 12 of these videos per year will get you as much as a part-time job, and the videos require zero effort to make. I'd probably sell my dignity too for that much easy money.

What are these? Even shittier Funko Pops?

I got a year sub as a birthday gift once, I'm sure they are popular for that very reason.

It was mostly shit.

I got a nice Carnage mug I keep my pens in.

They're fun.
They really pop!
I can't recommend them enough!
Enter promocode "4chanPops" for a great discount!

This would be legitimately cool if it contained records

Loot crate use to have some ultra-awesome crate that one person would randomly get a month, with a bunch of expensive shit like consoles and laptops. Don't know if they still do that. But there's only one so good fucking luck with that.

BLOCKA

BLOCKA

BLOCKA

>paying 20 smackers /month to get a box of future landfill delivered to your home

This pic is fucking depressing. This is what happens when a dumbshit meme goes too far.

It would be probably cheaper to just buy the console or laptop on the long run unless you were really lucky

They are a random box of shit they ship you every month for a set price. Half the time they have "exclusive" Funko Pop figures as their supposed big ticket item.

Though I think the QFX, as in that pic, are far far better than Funko Pops. And, full disclosure, not just because I know someone who knows the artist who does them. They are just better designed and thought out caricatures of characters.

And even then I think I only ever got this one as I am not big on chibi static figures.

>Offtopic shilling
It's even less Sup Forums related than those pedo threads come on OP

>QM figures
not
>QFX

obviously. the point of gambling is the thrill, not that it's a sensible investment

#LOOTGET!

>garbage delivery service for just $19.99 a month
no thanks

Nah, i just discovered they exist and was genuinely puzzled. And they're semi-related, considering half the catalog is capeshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=D6Ok0T04uiQ

I like Fallout

Fuck you

I've actually considered subscribing to this but I looked through every box they have sent in the past (they list the full contents of past boxes) and while there are some cool things I would like to have, about half of each box is bullshit I am not interested in whatsoever and they have an unhealthy obsession with those obnoxious Funko figures

I love Japan, period!

They should do one where they fill a box up with evidence from unsolved murders

I thought I did, but then I played Fallout 4

>geek gear

>geek gear

Mega crate, they still do them.

do you know any women?, shes just trying to be professional imo

It's novel for a few months and then you realise you've just got a pile of crap you'll never use.

It's what I don't get about people spending a bunch of money on figurines either.

It's just a bunch of useless, cheap shit to gather dust.

Or if you're not an idiot you see at as a pile of crap before ever buying it.

how does it take a few months for people to realize that?

literally takes 2 seconds of thought

Looks like a cheap way to get as many shitty xmas/birthday regifts for friends and such.

>rick and morty

kino

I'd rather get nothing than garbage like a spider-man wallet or some funko pop bullshiy

very cool!

Enter codeword BURR, B-U-R-R to get great deals on your loot!

A /ck/ loot crate would be nice, though. Some spices, candy, cured meat and random shit.

You could say the same about art or vases of flowers. People buy figurines to enjoy looking at and to use as a showpiece

There's shit like that with like meat delivery services or "cheese of the month" or whatever, but I generally would rather just pick out what I'm going to eat. It's much better than paying for garbage at least

I knew someone with really fucked up teeth that was called pencil sharpener

Now there's a meme I I haven't heard in a very long time.

Its just a box of random shit that the manufacturers couldn't sell but for some reason the normies pay money for it every month. They even try to convince themselves that each box if worth 80 dollars.

Is this Newcastle forbidden planet?

I've watched a bunch of the ones Ashens opens and holy shit they all seem like utter trash.

What I don't get is who the people who like this shit are.

Even he calls them out for the substandard trash they often put in them and stopped doing them for a while because of how bad they were.

lol

>When your friend tells you he bought this

I lose respect for him more and more every time I speak to him. Im pretty sure he has a little bit too much autism and I have just the right amount.

Oh boy I can't wait to pay 20 dollars a month for some shitty hard candy in a legend of Zelda tin, a hard plastic God of War toy that McDonald's wouldn't even put in a happy meal because of how cheaply made it is, and a totally epic Dragon Ball Z Super Man crossover shirt that has the "It's over 9000!" Meme plastered over it. You'd have to be an idiot to not get all that geek gear for such a steal and have the nerd cred

>People watch people open these things

Is this real? Jesus Christ, we just need to kill people like this off. Literally should not be allowed to exist.

Imagine having the chance to get a PS4 and instead receiving a giant plastic model from a terrible capeshit flick

There is way better boxes than Lootcrate. Lootcrate just throws in a bunch of random shit and give it to you. You can look up the items you get and people sell it for WAY less that what the box costs.

Ashens is the only guy I can stand to watch for this kind of stuff.

I sure as shit don't want to buy them, but it's pretty funny seeing the absolutely trash that's inside them.

It's probably just about worth the 20 bucks if you like everything that's in there, but I've never seen one of those boxes have something I'd even be mildly interested in.