Turkey has withdrawn 40 soldiers from a NATO military exercise in Norway...

>Turkey has withdrawn 40 soldiers from a NATO military exercise in Norway, after the country's founding leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and Erdogan himself were allegedly depicted as "enemies."
>Erdogan said his and Ataturk's names were placed on a "table" listing "enemies" during the NATO drills. He said he had personally instructed the immediate withdrawal of the Turkish troops "even if those names are removed" from the table.

nytimes.com/aponline/2017/11/17/world/europe/ap-eu-turkey-nato.html

Can someone explain to me why Turkey is in NATO in the first place? Erdogan seems fucking crazy. Throw them out imho.

>why Turkey is in NATO in the first place?

-cold war geopilitics
-it's the biggest member of NATO (excluding the US)
-control of the Bosporus/Black sea
-containing Russia
-Use Turkey as operating basis in the Middle East

Turkey>western dogs

OP is the k*Rd in Norway btw

>Can someone explain to me why Turkey is in NATO in the first place?

Turkey is ranked as the wolds 5th strongest nation. And is the 2nd strongest country within the NATO-pact afther the US.

It is better to have Turkey on your side, than having it on the enemy side

this

I know Turkey is somewhat stronk, but even without them NATO will crush all opposition

>NATO will crush all opposition

The only relevant military power in NATO is the US, NATO is a paper tiger (Cfr. the pathetic military effort in Libya).

Nevertheless, fuck the Turks.

lmfao, the turks are not going to do shit.

>Cfr. the pathetic military effort in Libya
you have to elaborate on that one

Again. It is better to have Turkey on your side, than having it on the enemy side

A military alliance of scores of countries declares war on a small desert country embroiled in a civil war, and we bungle it completely. We couldn't even get all the missiles delivered so we ran out of ammunition.

French and British decide they want to ruin Libya, end up needing US support to bail them out.

Nevermind that it was retarded idea to begin with, ruining a stable country, directly contributing to the refugee crisis.

>Label them as your enemies.
>Why aren't they exercising with us.

>French and British decide they want to ruin Libya, end up needing US support to bail them out.

The absolute STATE of e*rope

>turks don't understand that in a military exercise someone has to play the opposing force aka team yellow

Russia's military isn't much better (see Afghanistan, Chechnya). You barely defeated small shit countries like Georgia and Ukraine.

afghanistan was like 30-40 years ago

>barely defeated

Georgia was decimated in five days and we never really invaded Ukraine.

>Afghanistan, Chechnya
Yeah, those were quite embarassing.

Why does the enemy have to be an ally though?
even worse an ally that is helping you in the exercise.

Good, I hope NATO crumbles

this

>we never really invaded Ukraine.

Then what about all those armed Russians going on 'vacation' in Ukraine?

>
>barely

>Erdogan said his and Ataturk's names were placed on a "table" listing "enemies" during the NATO drills.
Were the Greeks involved in this?

Never happened. Was there a declaration of war? No. Did our tanks roll into Ukrainian land? No. Do you honestly think that Russian military wouldn't be able to defeat Ukraine?

I know some countries had issues with getting enough ammunition but that's hardly the biggest fuck up ever. This is a pretty normal logistical challenge when you're dropping tens of thousands of bombs.

Turkey creates unnecessary tensions with Russia, and buys oil from ISIS.

It was a whole coalition with many smaller NATO countries involved as well, and it happened because the whole international community got outraged and triggered when gadaffi was killing civilian opposition. Everyone was begging NATO for an intervention, including Libyans, so they gave air support to the rebels.

Because it's make belief for the sake of a successful exercise.

Besides I have a very hard time believing norwegians would use a word as unprofessional as "enemy". They probably used the term motstander or something equally non-offensive and the retarded turks went full caveman.

They werent really invading. Just helping separatists stand their ground

>fighting proxy wars isn't warfare

Пpивeт Boвa

It isn't. The question was not whether or not DNR and LNR receive support from Russia but whether or not Russia is fighting a direct war with Ukraine. The answer is no.

By sending soldiers and military equipment across the border. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>Turkey creates unnecessary tensions with Russia, and buys oil from ISIS

Who did not buy isis oil from Turkey though. And it is Russia that violated their airspace so they had it comming.

oh yeah Iraq showed everyone that overthrowing dictatorships with no backup plans would improve the middle-east amirite?!

99% of libyans would beg for ghaddafi's stable libya to come back. to hell with those who opposed them, I enjoy their misery. to those who supported them, they deserve compassion. they were in the right all along.

SeeAnd stop being such a passive-aggresive homosexual

>Then what about all those armed Russians going on 'vacation' in Ukraine?

Ghaddafis Libya was not stable towards the end, do you even remember the shit that he said and the things that went down before NATO even got involved?
It was already a civil war before NATO did anything. The Gaff just started killing protestors en masse, it was not stable at all.

it's not about their military power, but their geopolitical importance, which is massive in this fucked up region

also
-a muslim country that recognized israel early

Meня Димa зoвyт.

Turkey has an extremely important geographical position, strong army and they were historically allies of western powers (check crimean warfor example) and enemies of russia.
I'd say nowadays Turkey is one of the core NATO members.

>allies

Ottomans were puppets, the sole reason they existed was to keep Russia from expanding even more.

For the exact same reason, Turkey will never be kicked out of NATO. A Turkish-Russian alliance would not be good for Europe/America.

this. turkey was acting according to international laws and agreements, it was russia who acted unnecessary aggressively and basically provoked Turkey. so it's not Turkey that creates tensions, russia does

>Turkey creates unnecessary tensions with Russia, and buys oil from ISIS.

turkey support isis

doesn't really matter. it was an alliance, calling it puppet-master relationships won't change that fact. by that logic the US doesn't have any allies, only puppets, neither did the USSR

Turkey does create tensions elsewhere though. it's just the whole Russian jet downing was the result of Russian provocations

>by that logic the US doesn't have any allies, only puppets
Now you're onto something, тoвapищ.

no it does not, russia did in that case with all the provocations

Profs

>by that logic the US doesn't have any allies, only puppets

isn't that the case? turkey became a puppet of america the moment we joined nato.

> russia did in that case with all the provocations

what

russia created tensions, not Turkey. Turkey acted diplomatically and in accordance with the international laws and norms

>today we will be learning that our ally is actually our enemy, and their very well-respected founding father is a bad man
>learn to kill them
>wtf turkey why u chimpin out bro xD why u so subhuman xD u so mad? xD

legit autism what's wrong with the w*St

how can you even blame Turkey, if somebody did this with the american founding fathers amerimutts would literally start flinging shit

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but yes, Russia is know for violating airspaces of other countries and it was indeed within Turkeys legal right to down the jet

>let's kill ataturk guys ;ddDDd it's really fun :d
>ahaha why are you so mad turkbros it's just a banter x)))

are you really this retarded?

>put the picture of founding leader of your ally as enemy in target practice while your ally is also attending to the same thing
>Can someone explain to me why Turkey is in NATO in the first place? Erdogan seems fucking crazy. Throw them out imho.

>if you are being sarcastic
i am not, not at all

buttmad roaches detacted, it's just banter mate.

Sorry for my retarded cousin. Just remember that he has only invented a Cheese Slicer in a period of 14 000 years.

it's still better than pic related, at lest Turks left becasue of their own will not becasue they don't have money to run a fucking army or becasue their defence minister is a fucking woman.
Remeber that less than a century ago entire world needed to pitch together to beat them.

>if somebody did this with the american founding fathers amerimutts would literally start flinging shit

Heaven help them

>NATO
>29 members
>only 4-5 pay required 2% of GDP for defense
>rest just don't do anything or slash the cash like Germany
>WE WOULD TOTALY BEAT THEM!

it was a "norwegian" kurd who did this

>Trusting the W*st
Not even once.

>armchair generals itt trying to make points against conventional warfare by using guerilla warfare as examples

thread/

This, if targets would be Piłsudski it'd be national scandal here if our soldiers would fire bullets at him.
Turks saved their face and showed they're bunch of pussies.

nothing personel "turkbros" :^)

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

happened
no
yes
yes

i love russian tank design
>hey that t72 tanks looks cool
>yeah, let's base our every deising on it same with every plane desing based on su-27

I hate not paying to be able to speak you language. But do you have any psychos in your thread?

I might have repeat this before, but he just keep on going.