South Park is better than Simpsons

Gather round Sup Forums it is time to put down the nostalgia Kool Aid from your childhood and finally admit what has been obvious for years.

South Park has eclipsed the Simpsons. It is a superior show up, down and all around.

It is better as a total sample vs total sample. It is better as a best episodes vs best episodes. It has better music. It has a better movie. It is funnier. It has better social commentary.

The only thing it loses at is feels but it never went for those anyway but has won on everything it has gone for. The only reason the Simpsons gets more talk is cause it has been on longer (but been mostly shit the past 15 years) and can appeal to a wider audience.

CSI appears to a wider audience than the Wire so who gives a shit.

South Park is the king of American animated comedy and has made total cucks of the Simpsons. I say this as a guy who grow up on the Simpsons and worshiped the early seasons and consider it the staple show of my childhood.

No1 is arguing with u dude

People will cause a large group of people will always be

>but Muh Simpsons!
>Muh early season Simpsons!

It's not as cozy

Old seasons of Simpsons > South Park

New South Park > new Simpsons

They both suck. Rick and Morty is where it's at.

reddit get out, your making your rick and morty show fanbase look like shit

Best of South Park is better than best of Simpsons.

The funniest episodes of south park are better than the funniest episodes of the Simpsons.

Also it parodies better and hits on social issues more deeply.

If you wanna talk about feels like I said that is fair and the only place where the Simpsons wins but that can't be the whole basis on a show better better if it loses everywhere else.

>better music
GOAT show coming through

>being so contrarian you have to blame Reddit for stuff

the movie really was GOAT

I remember watching a Southpark episode where Cartman goes on about how much edgier he is than Bart.
Even as a kid I thought that was cringy of the writers to make themselves seem edgier so blatantly compared to a PG cartoon.

There may be shows with better music than south park but South Parks has a hell of a lot more to say than family guy and the jokes in family guy started to suck after the first few seasons.

South Park stayed consistently funny and is a far superior show to Family Guy.

The amazing world of gumball > South park >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Simpsons, Family guy

South Park is superior.
I hope the new season will be better than the last two though.

Jimmy Neutron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The amazing world of gumball > South park >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Simpsons, Family guy

No

Do people still watch either of them? South Park just seems completely irrelevant now, and has done for about a decade.

Imo music of South Park is more creative. McFarlane's stuff sounds generic.

South Park is generic shock garbage, you have low intelligence

>The funniest episodes of south park are better than the funniest episodes of the Simpsons.

This is hands down the dumbest thing you've tried to argue. Everything else is up in the air.

other than classic-era simpsons (which is better than literally ANYthing else in TV history), you're essentially right

don't forget that, as good and generally consistent as it is, SP has always been, and is still extremely formulaic and heavily reliant on shock/crass comedy. this doesn't negate their status, but its easy for any adult show to do that and get a good run on it. SP just happened to be able to have a balance of crude, low-brow jokes with good writing

i was not allowed to watch the simpsons growing up, my mom said it was too gross, because bart burps.

she not only allowed me to watch south park, but also rented me the movie from block buster when it came out. I was in 4th grade