Movie Recommendation Thread

Just recommend movies. Generally something older or more abstract a lot of people haven't seen.

My picks is "Magic". A 1978 movie with a young Anthony Hopkins. A pretty damn effective and well acted thriller/horror.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0117913/
imdb.com/title/tt0081291/
imdb.com/title/tt3560686/
youtube.com/watch?v=0j2wD_RjGtc
imdb.com/title/tt0067023/
imdb.com/title/tt0120394/
imdb.com/title/tt0040481/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you like bizarre horror movies I gotta recommend House (1977)

imdb.com/title/tt0117913/
A time to Kill, before Matty McConaughey went into romantic comedies.

why are ventriloquist dummies so fucking terrifying?

because people pretend to talk for them. their mouth moves up and down and the rest of their face is stationary. it's horrible.

hipster bullshit

McCabe & Mrs. Miller
comfy movie

Ichi the Killer is pretty fun, watch it if you like edgy shit.

imdb.com/title/tt0081291/

I just saw both Apocalypto and Apocalypse Now and they're both great.

Especially Apocalypto. Mel Gibson really is a master at cinema.

Uncanny Valley

The fool
imdb.com/title/tt3560686/

its about a poor russian guy living in a commie block whos studying to become an architect. he discovers that a building full of low income folks will soon collapse and tries to warn everyone.

it doesnt have a happy ending and is generally very pessimistic, the people in the building are too far gone and the people in charge are too corrupt to do anything but cover their tracks.

very well made movie, great acting and great cinematography. the best thing about it tho is how believable the story is presented. The problem is so simple to solve but the movie will convince you that it is impossible to solve in a very believable way.

youtube.com/watch?v=0j2wD_RjGtc

Boy A.

It's newer but it's good. It's about a guy who tortured and murdered a little girl when he was 11 getting released from prison in his 20s and trying to readjust to society.

I can't find this one. Couldn't find it last time you posted it either.

>Andrew Garfield
DROPPED

its on RuTracker

Recommend this as well. Damn good movie actually. It kind of lost me after the middle for a while but I was wrong.

The Sting (1973) is pretty comfy.

I actually liked this.

Duel (1971)
imdb.com/title/tt0067023/

Steven Spielbergs first movie, very impressive what he pulled off in 1971, it actually feels like a mid 80s movie.

Only thing that bothered my was that Zero Wolf (Raoul Max Trujillo) looked out of place.

All actors looked authentically Mayian to me as an outsider. But Raoul looked totally different, he had a European nose, was taller, had lighter eyes, completely different facial shape. He just made the movie seem cheaper by his appearance imho.

Loved everything else.

Twin Town
imdb.com/title/tt0120394/

If you can get past the thick Welsh accents, there's a funny, charming little indie film full of quirky and bizarre characters.

It Always Rains on Sunday
imdb.com/title/tt0040481/

A view into one post-war family in the East-End of London

Great stuff from Ealing Studios it feels surprisingly fresh for a film from the late 40s