Other urls found in this thread:

grantland.com/features/the-making-of-les-grossman-an-oral-history/
youtube.com/watch?v=Omgf9WuGwq8
youtube.com/watch?v=0PV6bZpileI
vulture.com/2012/06/bill-hader-has-the-best-tom-cruiseas-hero-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PvR1ltZMyyg
nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-tom-cruise/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_(Soulfly_album)
youtube.com/watch?v=EM7fP481SSo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

scientology is more powerful than you can imagine.

they never say, AHAHAHAH LOOK AT ME JEWISH BIG NOSE AND THE HOLOCAUST! AHAH

its been a while, but wasn't the big twist in this movie that noone knew that it was tom cruise until the credits rolled

Kind of overstating it, it's just that it was Tom Cruise.

>Jews vs. Scientologist

Meh, its like stealing from Beelzebub to pay Moloch.

was he not in any of the promos or anything?

How accurate is Lester Grossman to real life Hollywood?

No, it's pretty obvious it's Tom Cruise.

I think it was that they never announced that Tom Cruise was in the movie, so him showing up at all was the surprise

I actually just finished rewatching this for the first time in a few years.

People forget that Tropic Thunder came out at the lowest point in Tom Cruise's career. Like this is prime oprah couch jumping, full retard Scientology, firing his publicist TC shit. He was on the cup of JUST.

Then Tropic Thunder came out and they smartly hid his involvement in the movie. Like nothing leaked there were no cameo trailers. Nada.

So when you meet Les Grossman in the film for the first time you're legitimately like wait.. is that fucking Tom Cruise? In a comedy?

And then he ends up being the funniest thing in the whole movie. It's maybe 5 minutes of total screen time but it's a pitch-perfect send up of Hollywood Jew producers and he kills the performance.

Also, he came up with the idea for the character himself.

>take a full step back and literally fuck your own face

Lel. I don't think he's supposed to be Jewish. Btw, Grossman means something like "Great man" or "Big man".

>Grossman Family History. Jewish (Ashkenazic): descriptive nickname for a large man (see Grossmann).
Nevermind, he's supposed to be a yid

He's absolutely supposed to be a Jew they don't try and hide it at all. His office has a massive Hebrew glyph right behind his desk and everything.

To answer OPs question:
They got away with it because Ben Stiller co-wrote and directed it. And it was exaggerated but accurate.

THIS IS FLAMING DRAGON

Great read

grantland.com/features/the-making-of-les-grossman-an-oral-history/

no. no internet rumors either. it was kept quiet until release

It's a movie that features a man who takes blackface too far, Booty Sweat and Busta Nut, and gay priests. An extreme jew is not out of place.

The dudes exasperated delivery keks me every time.
And then
>okay "flaming dragon" ... fuck face...

Agreed.

RIP Grantland. Stupid fucking ESPN.

aren't stiller and theroux jews?

jews are allowed to make fun of themselves

youtube.com/watch?v=Omgf9WuGwq8

10/10

You're going to have to call the fucking United Nations and get a fucking BINDING resolution to keep me from fucking destroying you!

youtube.com/watch?v=0PV6bZpileI

>I WILL FUCK YOU UP

>incredibly vulgar with terrorists

"we don't negotiate with terrorists"
*golf claps*

I can't make it through that scene without laughing.

vulture.com/2012/06/bill-hader-has-the-best-tom-cruiseas-hero-story.html

>the SNL comedian heard some unfortunate news, which especially worried him as a new dad. "I hear a crew person say, 'Did you hear what happened in New York?' And I'm like, 'What happened?' 'A guy tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square.'" Hader, who had already been "a little anxious" because it was the first time he had been away from his infant daughter, Hannah, had a "full-on panic attack." He desperately tried to call and text his wife Maggie, when Cruise noticed his concern. "He comes over and he's like, 'Are you okay, man?'" Hader explained the situation. Cruise then asked when Hader was supposed to return to New York. Not for another two days.

>"He thinks for a second. 'No,' he says. 'We'll get you home tonight.' And in that moment, Tom Cruise, as Les Grossman, in a karate gi, began to direct all my coverage," Hader recalled. "All my footage, all my close-ups. Boom! We do three perfect takes. Boom, boom, boom. Everyone's chest-butting each other, some people are chest-butting themselves, people are going insane." Two days' worth of work, Hader said, "and he got it done in 45 minutes." Then Katie Holmes came up to him and handed him a piece of paper with his new flight information. "You're on the red eye tonight," she told him. "I'm like, 'What?!'" Hader said. Because Cruise got him out of work and on a plane that night, he was able to surprise his wife and daughter by 7:45 the next morning and check in on them in person. "So that's what it's like to work with Tom Cruise," Hader said.

When is Tom going to get behind the camera already?

Long overdue desu

I go back and forth on how I feel about him as a person cuz you get stories like this and then shit like setting up real good craft service tents with his own money. But you gotta listen to him or his people on Scientology shit.

Regardless, professionally? Holy fuck I would kill to work on a scene together with him.
The man loves making movies and he's fucking *good.*

pan-pacific bullshit powerplay

Fuck every line for him is 10/10 writing and 10/10 delivery.

Based Tom Cruise.

>special mention to Danny McBride stealing every second of screen time he got as well

I WILL MASSACRE YOU

Ah jesus this movie

Not memeing, Tom Cruise is a national treasure when it comes to movies. People tend to just see Mission Impossible and scientology now, but he's done some straight up goddamn impressive shit. And weird shit. He was in Legend for gods sake. And he was amazing in Born on the Fourth of July.

and lets not forget how ultimately badass he was as a grey haired hitman in Collateral.

5th post best post

fuck off see a poster, there is no mention of tom cruise, his 'cameo' was a surprise

The only thing missing is him taunting around a star of david instead of that dollar sign necklace.

I don't understand people that don't like McBride

I understand to some he is childish and mean but fuck his delivery is always perfect

>fuck off see a poster

What did he mean by this?

his assistant is gold too

>always awkwardly looking at cruise like "what am i supposed to do now?"
>welcome to the goodie room
>swing em past your kneeeees

Tom Cruise circlejerking is the only circlejerking I approve.

The man is a legend

I wish we saw Tom more on unusual roles for him. He was great as a villain in Collateral, and awesome in a comedic role in TT. Him only doing action roles is such a waste

Well he's done it all in his younger years, I guess the feeling for him is "do I slow do now that I'm getting older or ride a motor cycle out of a C-130 onto the great pyramid of giza?" He's got the money, the fame and brass to push action to the envelope that the new guys can't and the old guys are too busy putting on prosthetics and talking in hushed tones for Oscar bait.

Tom Cruise is just a fucking winner, plain and simple.

Hes a manlet. He is publicly identified with a known cult. Yet he still fucking crushes it. His movies are never bad. People still like him.

He's a fucking winner.

Tom Cruise is the sole reason why I think there may be some benefit to scientology. He must be getting something valuable out of it to be operating at such a high level for so long.

>Tom Cruise is the sole reason why I think there may be some benefit to scientology.

This. I could pretend to believe in Xenu if I could have his steely, unflappable demeanor

How did they make his hands appear so fucking big

It was different time

see Prosthetics, come on now.

>Michèle Burke (makeup designer): I was Tom’s go-to makeup person from Interview With the Vampire on. I did a lot of big, iconic looks for him. I got a text saying, “Tom wants to have hairy arms.” And I was thinking, Oh, OK,we can get hairy arms. Then they were like, “We want him to have a hairy chest.” Then suddenly it was like he’s going to have big hands, and I’m sitting there thinking,This is getting bigger than I expected. Then they started sending me pictures of other people who looked a bit like this. You know, with the gold jewelry, the hairy chest. I thought,OK, now I’m beginning to get the picture, this is full-on.

>Barney Burman (makeup designer): I had about a dozen people making the silicone prosthetics for his head, neck, chest, and hands. We made him special gloves. I did the sculpting, someone else did the molds, someone else was casting them. I had six different people punching hairs into the scalp piece, so his entire head was one-at-a-time, hand-punched hairs; his arms were hand-punched one at a time; his chest was hand-punched.

>Connie Grayson Criswell (lead hair-puncher): It was kind of a pain in the butt because we were punching with very curly human hair. Curly hair is very hard to punch because it has a mind of its own.

They're prosthetic, he's basically wearing kitchen gloves

That Jack Black is surely dead by now

I'M TALKING SCORCHED EARTH, MOTHERFUCKER!

Jews are the most self deprecating people on the planet.

JUDAISM WHERE ARE YOU?!

HEs a parody of Ari Emanuel

Can't bruise the Cruise.

>YOU ARE NOW FOUR MEN IN A HELICOPTER
>WITH THREE OTHER MEN

No, that's a different one

From reading articles they suggest it's not based on anyone but come on

I don't care about the Scientology shit, or more over he's such a good actor and I feel his heart is in the right place even if he's really fucking retarded about it that I can just sweep it under the rug

>Israel colors behind him.

seriously why should i care about scientology if most of hollywood is into even weirder SJW shit?

Best makeup ever and great performance

>Robert Downey Jr. in blackface
Yeah, they couldn't make this movie today if they tried.

I dont know what its called...
I jus know the sound it makes when it LIES!

i unironically love this movie.
Downey even does the dvd commentary as osiris until the credits role

> don't mind me, just an ordinary producer's office with state of the art CSI technology and impromptu war room capabilities

Gotta be prepared

>He doesn't have a war room
get out newfag

Were you expecting a fish tank and one of those little kinetic desk toys?

You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda was.

youtube.com/watch?v=PvR1ltZMyyg

best scene

No there's one studio head that's like that but I forget his name. Plus a little Harvey Weinstein

the makeup was pretty good, I say it with a bunch of my mates and we didn't know until we saw his name in the credits

what a fucking based person

Check out Cruise's Nerdist podcast interview. He comes across as a great guy. It's Nerdist, so the hosts are a bit cringeworthy and the questions are all soft as shite, but they do get out of his way and just let him talk.

nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-tom-cruise/

Jewish people I've known are usually entertained by jokes about their stereotypes, as long as they're not mean-spirited. Cause they know those Jewish stereotypes as well as anyone, and they chuckle because they know they're true. I'm sure they thought it was all hilarious.

That "Hebrew glyph" is the Hindu Om symbol, you ignorant nigger.
>American Education

Tropic Thunder is the best comedy of the 2000s.

that's the Soulfly "3" album logo, you dumb fuck. Obviously someone in the movie production team was a max of Max Cavalera.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om
Please educate yourself.

Black Dynamite is definitely up there but for a different reason, it's like the last good spoof

Yeah, the producers definitely put a randomass Hindushit symbol there. It's absolutely not more feasible that someone was a fan of Cavalera's music, and decided to put a well-known symbol of his music and mentality in there.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_(Soulfly_album)
>The album artwork features an Om (ॐ), a spiritual icon in Indian religions.
Stop embarrassing yourself.

>People forget that Tropic Thunder came out at the lowest point in Tom Cruise's career.
Actually you're right. In fact I forgot about Oprah Couch Jumping completely, and how weird that was (at the time. By today's standards it would be a planned promotional stunt.)

>he think Jews still run hollywood

This is like talking to a child. I am telling you that it's way more probable that a production member was a fan of Soulfly and put that symbol there, instead of just putting a random symbol behind a Jew exec for no reason at all. I am aware what the symbol means, but I'm saying that it's there because someone was a fan of Max Cavalera. Do you finally understand?

They worship the dollar sign more anyway.

Who do you think runs it then?

I think you mean 'touting'

Nah. Probably some new age hippy. Solufly and Sepultura both suck and Cavalera is shit.

MY FARM?

There were leaked photos of Cruise and some gossip on blogs prior to the release. But, yes, the intent was to keep it a secret.

Aliens

LEAD FARM

Thanks for this, more stuff those long drives.

Is Guy Ritchie Jewish?

bevause I rewatched Snatch for the first time since I was young and there's a whole heap of Jewish jokes. I wasn't even aware heartburn was a stereotype.

I unironically enjoyed Tropic Thunder and it's one of my favorite movies.

I don't know ... one of the common ones is chronic health problems and complaining about them. The Jewish neighborhood in Denver was centered around a hospital, I always wondered which came first.

It's one of my favorite movies as well. Me and a friend always drop jokes and quotes from the movie, it's just too good

youtube.com/watch?v=EM7fP481SSo
best scene for sure

I think it's just that general area where it was filmed fit the movie, you've got a Jewaboo, a scene where they rip off a Jewish jewelry store and an American Jew criminal flying in to sort shit out after it goes wrong.

Man that movie's memorable as hell even beyond Brad Pitt's turn as a pikey, it still blows my mind that Tommy went on to be Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire.

When we're home, I will teach you how to juggle...