He killed millions.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes
youtube.com/watch?v=RceLAhPOS9Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To save billions.

Jk I don't watch nippon trash

>you can either build airplanes and the Japanese government will kill lots of people, or you can not build airplanes and the Japanese government will kill lots of people

The imaginary French aviator in his head had a point.

Italian

That doesn't seem like a very valid moral argument.

If people are going to die anyway why not just follow your passion?

Giving the military direct means to kill people, and potentially more people than they would have without you, just because you want to get paid for your hobby is selfish at the very best and at worst corroboration. It shows a concerning lack of moral principle that the movie conveniently ignores with a fictionalized love story in the third act

Surely you mean a dumb American president, 2 nukes and thousands of incendiary bombs killed millions.

nobody really anticipated the extent that aeroplanes would change war

KILLIONS

So what should he have done? Rebelled?

Just... not made better fighter planes.

Maybe build aeroplanes for a non militaristic expansionist country??

By the late 30s they definitely knew, especially if you're in the military funded airplane industry

Got a different job if he really opposed the war, or felt more guilt over it. "At least I got to live muh dreams" is such a sick justification for the death's he inadvertently caused

I'm not trying to completely shit on the movie because I like what it's doing as a movie about art and expression, but they skirt the deeper issues of the story too much for me

That's a fair point. Though I haven't seen the film.

Guess I'll see it. Sounds real good.

This guy get it. He was a selfish prick

Jiro Horikoshi did nothing wrong.

Yes. All of his hopes were in airplanes and rebellions are built on hope.

>japan
expansionist
>china
civil war shithole that eventually turned into expansionist
>america
worse than japan in a numbers sense
>Dutch
at war with germany probably used to attack japan
>Great Britain
same as above
>Soviet Union
expansionist

hang on, were we watching the same movie?

One of the central themes is this guy just wants to make humans fly like birds do, and all of the shit that happens because of it.

YEAH BUT WHY DIDNT HE HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL AND SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE HIS PLANES KILLED BEFORE HE MADE THEM???????????

Japan didn't actually do anything wrong in WWII. They only attacked America's navy after they effectively blockaded them from vital war materials that they needed to capture and hold territory with the necessary resources to allow them true self-determination away from the global capitalist banker class. Alas, they lost and now are slaves to the will of what Western bankers want.

>Sweden
uh..
>Switzerland
umm..
>Mexico
fuck..

>They only attacked America's navy after they effectively blockaded them from vital war materials that they needed to capture and hold territory

Of course, it was purely in self defense

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

And America blockaded them just for laughs? They were massively invading China and taking over the French colonies was the last straw.

Holy fuck

People die in war. Thats the fucking point.

He did a good thing for his nation and for humanity.

Technological innovation is never a bad thing.

The amount of people that die from it is merely a metric of it's success.

Fuck I hate this generation of people.

He followed his dreams and he created airplanes.

Are you telling me airplanes should not have been created because "muh human lives"

It's like giving a gun to a psychopath and saying "guns aren't bad mmkay".

Hi, Yamazuki. Remember something called the Rape Of Nanking? Go repopulate your island before I fold you a thousand times.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

Psychos killing people aimlessly is not justifiable.

Wars are

chinese arent human, try again

He designed a fighter plane. Fighters fight enemy fighters and bombers and support craft and on rare occasion interceptors. They don't even carry bombs. I highly doubt the plane he designed killed millions. If anything they probably saved millions of Japanese civilians.

Why are Americans so retarded? Educate yourselves, you sheep.
>In 1945, the United States began bombing Japan using incendiary weapons. 51% of Tokyo was destroyed, killing 100,000. 58% of Yokohama was incinerated. Virtually all of Toyama was wiped out. 40% of Nagoya was burnt to a crisp. 67 Japanese cities suffered massive losses during the United States’ firebombing campaign. After all of that, the US dropped two atomic bombs, leveling Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Lmfao read a god damn history book

>Japan did literally nothing wrong in WWII

Toppest kek.

Why does Anno hate America so much? Is he a Japanese Nazi?

Every country committed a few war crimes, but the ones alleged of the axis powers are exaggerated if not straight up hoaxes, simply because they lost and can't defend themselves.

The Americans blockaded Japan to provoke an attack so that they could have a causus belli which they could sell to the people in order to wage a war to conquer the Pacific for themselves. And that's what happened.

ITT: HURR DURR INVENTORS WHO INVENT NEW THINGS THAT END UP KILLING PEOPLE ARE BAD. FUCK SCIENCE HUMANS ARE PRECIOUS XD!

This is why I secretly hope the elite plan on killing 90% of us.

Scorched Earth etc.

Are oyou saying the rape of Nanking DIDN'T happen, Yamasuka?

that was after pearl harbor

>b-b-b-but everyone was doing it
to the victor go the spoils

Although they were designed as fighters, they were still sometimes loaded with bombs and were often used as kamikaze bombs once the design had become completely obsolete as an actual fighter when up against late war American fighters.

>Are you telling me airplanes should not have been created because "muh human lives"

Yes? Planes are shit anyway

Well played on America's part. Pity they didn't keep pushing East in Europe.

Oh well. Not really the designer's fault then, and I doubt they killed 100,000, let alone millions.

>he wants people to use trains and ships because he gets triggered by people dying in war

>Yes?
So boats shouldn't have been created for the same reason? Why do anything you fucking namby pamby.

Unpopular opinion: The Wind Rises is Miyazaki's best movie.

n/y?

shut up idiot

If only he had killed your grandfather so you wouldn't be alive to make this cringey OP

This

/thread

He did nothing.

Science and Innovation > Random humans

It's certainly the one that provokes the most discussion on Sup Forums.

Was he a wastaboo appropriating European designs?

>Weeds literally defending the war-crimes of Imperial Japan as dundu nuffins while saying America was the real cause of Pearl Harbor

How many fucking wall-scrolls do you faggots have hanging right now?

he did nothing wrong*

>The Americans blockaded Japan to provoke an attack so that they could have a causus belli which they could sell to the people in order to wage a war to conquer the Pacific for themselves.

It was all le conspiracy by le evul capitalists.

Truly Japan were the victims here.

Japan was in a lose-lose situation. Pearl Harbour was a trap, but if the Japanese really could have sunk the entire fleet then they would have gotten the gas from the Americans to win against China and we'd all be speaking Japanese now.

That's not what I'm saying at all.

He didn't work out of a sense of patriotism, or just as anonymous work to feed himself in a country moving to war with or without him. He had a deep personal investment in making the best killing machines that he possibly could, and all moral hindrance there is brushed over for the temporary beauty of seeing his planes fly. I don't think the two can be separated. He made beautiful planes that were also highly effective killing machines, but he seems content to ignore the latter so long as he gets to keep working.

There's nothing wrong with creating things that end up hurting people, or working for the military, just how he rationalizes it in such a selfish way. You would never hear Robert Oppenheimer waxing poetic about the nukes because it gave him the means to pursue his passions in physics.

Friendly reminder to never waste your time arguing with American and Sup Forumstards on historical and political matters.

>scorched earth
Oh, yes. Citing war-time practices surely exempts all responsibility. Great argument.

None of the Axis powers did anything wrong except Italy.

To the people saying he did something wrong.

Do you honestly believe airplanes shouldn't have been invented because humans dying is bad?

How do I leave this timeline?

Might as well kick it off by ending yourself because you seem all for it and nothing of value would be lost

>surely exempts all responsibility
Who said anything about exempting responsibility? They did it. It's well documented. WWII was a shitty time. But I'm not gonna get all sentimental. The U.S. was nipping, no pun intended, the conflict in the bud.

america was justified destroying industrial centers

which is what they did

>>b-b-b-but everyone was doing it

Really, what is it with revisionist-fags who deny responsibility by saying everyone is a war criminal/imperialist/racist but at the same time play the victim card when it happens to them?

ITT: weebs

if the movie was from another nationality / not anime no will will even be defending this

His best movies all revolve around aviation.

>an eye for an eye is morally justifiable
Why are you teenage and poorly educated faggots spouting your bullshit out of Sup Forums?

>STOP SAYING THE AXIS DID ANYTHING WRONG!!! FUCKING AMERICANS AND Sup Forums!!!

Holy shit, drink bleach.

>economic pressure is justification for bombing non combatants

I guess America is justified in nuking China then

The end can justify the means if the results of the end is more good than how evil the means are

Congrats Sup Forums this is one of the worst threads I've ever seen

He's no worse than Wernher von Braun.

ghandi was a faggot
do to others what you would like done to yourself

Reply to me: C'mon. Do it

Nice contribution with your nonpost you fucking bitch.

This was such a forgettable movie. The only thing I remember from it is the earthquake scene.

>implying an eye for an eye ISN'T morally justifiable

Wait, what?

> (You)
>Reply to me:
>C'mon. Do it

no clue what you're getting at

The voice-as-sound effects during the earthquake were the best part

>technological innovation is good regardless of the consequences

I wonder if you will be singing that same tune when we are incinerated by global nuclear hellfire sometime in the future.

But in any case, that's not the point Miyasaki was making, Miyasaki is at heart both a humanist and very anti-technology, you can see that also in Mononoke. What he is pointing out is that sometimes you dreams will be abused and used for an ulterior motive.

>dude retaliation isn't justifiable!

>that guy is a Trump-supporter! PUNCH HIM!

You libshit /leftypol/ retards really need to make up your fucking minds.

I thought and were you, since you both brought up responsibility where it wasn't fit to.

Does this look like the viewpoint of a weeb?

It's not his fault some of the Japanese army committed war crimes. He was an honorable war engineer by his own right, and supporting your military is virtuous as long as you're being honorable about it.

>WE HAD TO ATTACK THEM!!! THEY WEREN'T GIVING US OIL FOR FREE!!!

Wow, why did I never think of this? That totally justifies a mass sneak-attack on non-combatants.

It's not the 20th century anymore man. No one really thinks about MAD except maybe Israel..

Oh, and this creepy face. Had nightmares about him for a week afterwards.

>Was he a wastaboo appropriating European designs?

What is anime?

I don't see Mononoke as anti-tech at all. The industrial city is something of a utopia for marginalized people in the other big cities of the time. Prostitutes and lepers are given greater roles there than a farming society would allow them. It's safe and self-sufficient. Only the greed and pollution was bad

>The U.S. was nipping, no pun intended, the conflict in the bud.
Japan was doomed towards 1945, yet the Americans went and bombarded the nip "industrial centers" killing hundreds of thousands in the process, because foreign civilian lives were less important than the military. It's as simple as that.

youtube.com/watch?v=RceLAhPOS9Q

Fucking Truman and the retarded democrats.

Japan should have helped their ally Germany by invading the Soviet Union instead, then they could have split that territory with the Germans.

if they were doomed they should have surrendered

They didn't surrender. Gotta keep the fight going. Simple as that, man.

You'd have to be an American to not appreciate the irony of an American saying this.

How many countries have you invaded over the past half century for threatening your gas prices?

>implying the Union didn't do the same thing to their fellow countrymen in the Southern Confederacy during the American Civil War

C'mon man, it wasn't because they're racist. It's because one of the best ways to win war, just like in Starcraft, is to fuck up the economy and production whenever you see that it isn't being properly defended. And it wasn't anything the Japanese weren't themselves doing to the places they had conquered.

Akcthually we invaded Afghanistan the first time because the Ruskies were doing it.

>Japan was doomed towards 1945

Then why didn't they surrender?

>DUDE IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY BY LE BIG OIL COMPANIES!!!

How's that BBC cum taste?

Oil is a perfectly valid reason to start a war, just like everything America did to win the war they started was perfectly valid.

>these weebs actually defending japan in ww2

Japs were spread thin enough as it was. Stalin had plenty of reserves out east and would have resulted in a stalemate in siberia