youtube.com/watch?v=nqpzv6v5KBM
youtube.com/watch?v=9jZSxtvbT6I
bigfinish.com/news/v/torchwood---coming-in-august
youtube.com/watch?v=1JpbE_sVabI
youtube.com/watch?v=oEcij0ARkmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for space pusy.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=nqpzv6v5KBM

>At this point, Moffat NuWho has been going on long enough, why not plunder it the same way?

Absolutely, especially considering S9 seemed the zenith of his own questions and ideas regarding the show and the charcacter, the peak of his increasingly meta and very conceptual stuff that had been building since he took charge really. Where else to go from there, but inward? Or as far back as possible and untangle Classic Who issues, if Susan and/or 1 really are coming back.

Reminder this looks pretty fun

how do I get into dr who as a german? never seen an episode before
I don't even know what is it about
the only think I know that it is more than 70 y/o

Yeah it's a shame :/ DW just isn't flush with money like it was in the old days. I remember when we had 3 Doctor Who shows on, Confidential as well, Totally Doctor Who, Torchwood Declassified...I much prefer Moffat as a showrunner, but there was something magical about the RTD days, and the way the show was perceived then

>tfw I forgot to link the last thread
I AM DOCTOR IDIOT

>the only think I know that it is more than 70 y/o
You know nothing my friend
it's 53 btw

There's an episode that takes place in Germany, a beloved fan favorite called Let's Kill Hitler.

Um, wanderer. Why were you angry that I'm black?

reminder that user's going to post his 6.5 inch dick tomorrow after Smile is considered shit and we reject his attempts to frame it as 'shitkino'

>mfw I intercept Immigrants internet traffic, gaining access to the link to the secret trip discord

Feels grand, father

Don't worry, it's only 54 years, not 70, and there's only 35 actual seasons within those 54 years.

But the current series was designed to be a good place to start. The first episode (S10E01) just aired a week ago, and the second one is only hours away.

If you want more than that, series 5 was also a good starting place.

I'm not it's just weird to think that black people watch Doctor Who. I'm just jokin around.

>it's just weird to think that black people watch Doctor Who

What? It really, really isn't, especially in the UK.

It's going to be comfykino, all of S10 is.

>black people don't watch Doctor Who

M8, South Koreans, and literal Africans watch Doctor Who. But I actually get what you mean.

One more thing:

All of series 5 and later are dubbed in German, and some of the episodes before that. But, unless your English is terrible, don't watch the dubbed version. The dubbing is painfully wrong, and the Doctor is a character whose speech patterns are important. Watch him in English, and use subtitles if you need them.

I can't really picture black folk watching DW too

>tfw hack into immigrant's brain read the signals and find the stream URL buried beneath heaps of gay fantasies

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrobophobia!

reminder that there's only 12 Capaldis left

Black people are in fact the nerdiest people on the planet. Literally ask one about dragon ball z and watch them fucking explode

Any black people here that don't like Hartnell cause he was a supposed racist?

I just watched the season 10 premiere and I thought it was awful. Why are you all so happy?

Well, if he's not careful, that way lies the worst excesses of the EDA novels (and even some of the best successes of the EDA novels would not translate to TV).

But yeah, I don't think that'll be a problem. His past failures (despite what the media consensus sometimes says) have not been getting too conceptual in his writing, but in failing as a manager (especially of his most important employee, himself), and I don't think that's going to happen this time.

>gay fantasies

My fantasies involve /u/ material .

because we disagree

/who/ you'll be please to hear that I successfully listened to the first episode of Gallifrey today, after being interested in the range for a few years and after owning the CD for a few weeks.

Redpill me on the first episode

What did you think of it?

>wanderer is now a confirmed racist

Should have just kept posting gets

It was decent, and I'm sure it gets better.

I've always been iffy about Romana being Lord President (when did that idea start?), because I think it makes Gallifrey feel small, but that's just a silly thing of mine and it's more entertaining to listen to characters we know than if they were all randoms. Hearing Brax is cool too. I've been interested in his character for quite some time, and I've only ever encountered him in one novel, so it's neat having him as a regular character. And having two K9's was actually a bit funny. Plus Leela's one of my favourite companions.

>it's just weird to think that black people watch Doctor Who
you fucking dumbass

Can brown people answer?

I took a class with Waris Hussein, and got the opportunity to talk to him about Hartnell. At least according to Hussein, Hartnell did have prejudices, but he didn't hate people because of them, and didn't refuse to give them a chance because of them. Paraphrasing:

>Any irrational doubts he may have had about whether a Paki could direct him were overwhelmed by the entirely rational doubts about whether a young and inexperienced man could direct him. And once I proved myself capable, he always treated me with respect.

We could argue about whether that makes him not a racist, or not as bad as other racists, or as good as you could expect for his times, or still responsible for his times, or whatever.

But it would be stupid to hate him for it.

pharmacists of /who/, i want every pill you've got on LOOMS. red pill, blue pill, green pill (islamic esotericism), yellow pill, pink pill, purple pill, brown pill, grey pill, black pill, white pill.

they're good and canon

fuck off cats

totally canon

pls no bully

Redpill me on all these pills. And then apply all these pills to themselves.

>tfw renegade master

Wanderer, can you explain why you think it's weird? No judgment, I'm interested in your perspective.

see i only made the original post to tell you that you are WRONG. looms are fake. i dont even mean non-canon, even as a fictional concept they dont exist. there are no REAL mentions of looms in any doctor who media. just holograms

>I've always been iffy about Romana being Lord President (when did that idea start?)
Basically, Paul Cornell.

It was part of his fan fiction back in the 80s. Or maybe Topping's or one of the others, but that group.

In the NAs, Terrance Dicks brought Romana back from E-Space in Blood Harvest. And Paul Cornell was commissioned to write the first Missing Adventure, Goth Opera, as a sequel to that novel. So he inserted the Romana Presidency from his fan fiction days. He and other Virgin writers gradually filled in the backstory from there.

he'll just dig himself a deeper hole by spouting some stereotypical shit about black people

Looms are canon

>tfw peter capaldi tells you you have the best hair on television

Just because sci fi fandoms tend to be overwhelmingly white, at least the fans who are in deep enough to be writing fanfiction and such.

>can't handle the banter

> new companion is low class slag
> talks about chips
> knows sci-fi (i.e. "gimmie some spock")
> 1st episode largely earth based
> 2nd episode is on an alien planet/far future

so hack Moffat is just rehashing RTD now

it isn't really banter, you're just saying dumb, unfounded opinions. what country are you from?

tfw Moffat writes Rose better than RTD wrote Rose

By that logic, I could call anything holograms.

Maybe the Doctor is a hologram. Under the Sea actually supports that theory.

Overwhelmingly white?

I'd argue maybe overwhelmimgly middle class. Fanfiction is a leisure activity.

I wanna hate fuck Christel

You're taking this too seriously, m8.

>tfw renegade master

That wasn't Rose.

nice avoiding of the question, skirting to the defensive, and dismissal of anyone disagreeing with you

you are why people hate trips, because you say dumb shit and then people can remember it was you because you weren't anonymous

>it's a 'wanderer is an unlikable prick' episode
this character arc is taking way too long, what were /who/'s writers thinking?

I don't think Rose referencing Spock means she knew anything about ST or sci fi in general, it's just one of those things everyone knows.

i have no idea what point you're trying to make

And everyone in Britain, yes even the oh so different black people, know about Doctor Who.

Stop forcing this shitty meme take off that trip and kill yourself

Okay, let me clarify this for you. Yes, I know there are black people who watch Doctor Who. It. Is. A. Joke.

bigfinish.com/news/v/torchwood---coming-in-august

It's interesting how the Torchwood range is intermixing original characters as the leads in audios now, amongst the returning cast audios. I thought they'd stick to B-list and C-list characters like Yvonne and PC Andy for longer, before going to outright original characters as leads.

The writing on the range is strong enough that I don't really mind, but I wonder about the incentive - ease of scheduling, so they can pump them out quicker without having to manage the trickier schedules of the OG actors? The writers wanting to stretch a bit more with new characters? Something else?

Post Totally Doctor Who ratings NOW!

>wanderer is racist
>Immigrant is homophobic
>cloister hates women
This is the best timeline

You do realise you don't get to decide how people react to the dumb shit you say, right? Just like Moffat can't magically make everyone react to his episodes how he'd like, you can't magically make people take your bizarre remarks as not racist. Let it go and stop being so thin-skinned about people being annoyed by you.

youtube.com/watch?v=1JpbE_sVabI

I love Capaldi's theme but it works best in big epic moments, it feels wasted in just normal chase scenes like this. Maybe it makes more sense in the context of the episode, but I kinda feel like they're overusing A Good Man a bit now, and it's giving me flashbacks to the S6 and S7 days of them using I Am The Doctor wayyy too much.

>You do realise you don't get to decide how people react to the dumb shit you say, right?
No, I can't. But you can. So stop choosing to get triggered by innocent banter.

>Let it go and stop being so thin-skinned about people being annoyed by you.
I'm not the one getting mad.

Why do people freak out about looms so much?

We have test tube babies today. Why shouldn't Time Lords have a more advanced version of the same thing?

And if you have some objection and you haven't read the books, your objection is probably based on something that isn't in those books.

Well it's mostly the same people running the show [DUN DUN DUN DU-DUN DUN DUN DU-DUN]

For fuck's sake wanderer, stop derailing the thread and arguing with people pissed off at you making dumb statements about black people. THE THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU, and people angry at you are REACTING - you are the one who can make it stop. STOP REPLYING.

wanderer, at this point, you should stop responding. By responding, now you're continuing a needless argument.

Stop forcing this shitty meme take off that trip and kill yourself

i dont like looms because they are unnatural and represent the moral decline of gallifreyan society (three brackets around gallifreyan)

>le racism is innocent banter! i cant self-reflect on my shitty views, so ill double down on being a typical shitty trip and derailing a thread to make it all about me me me me me me!

if you were a proper anonymous user nobody would care even if you kept replying, but youve got an identity here for no reason, so people will keep being rightfully annoyed by you being a dumbshit. stfu.

>THE THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU
welp, good luck trying to explain that to a tripfag

>2 ontopic posts
>shitty meme

??? neo-old-cloister is fine

First, do you hate fertility drugs, in-vitro fertilisation, etc.?

Second, we're talking about Gallifrey here, the people who triggered the Daleks into a war that they couldn't win and then decided to erase the entire universe rather than lose. You really think they're supposed to be a role model?

Yeah Bello, it's nice that you're creating discussion but it's really weird/uncomfortable to see Cloister's old trip used in this way. Plus its confusing when both Cloisters are posting at the same time

Yeah I suppose. I don't feel like they used 9s theme/Flavia's theme/Bad Wolf theme that much back in the RTD days, and 10s theme (The Doctor Forever) was underused if anything.

They did use All the Strange Strange Monsters a lot though

youtube.com/watch?v=oEcij0ARkmU

>it's a tripfag drama episode
You see this is why all trips should leave

>stop choosing to get triggered by innocent banter
shut the fuck up already. you're embarrassing yourself and derailing the thread

come back next thread, if you have to

Yeah, I agree. I'm done with it now.

Yeah Tennant, it's nice that you're in the 50th, but it's really weird/uncomfortable to see RTD's old Doctor used in this way. Plus its confusing when both Doctors are talking in the same scene.

Gotta agree. If you absolute must use a trip, can't you just pick a new one? The whole mutli-cloister special joke or whatever was fine for a bit but it's getting weird now

i was being cats. i actually think looms are a pretty interesting idea, even if i am unsure on whether i consider the books canon

>le i gotta have the last word no matter what, so i'll make a post saying "i'm done posting" even though the whole point that everyone was making was that you shouldn't reply at all

put your trip back fake Cloister

I liked Marfa's intro.

fucking kek

I hate to bring up trip drama or anything but you do remember how/why Cloister gave up his old trip right?

I was confused when there were two Doctors on screen and one of them wasn't Troughton to deliver the "I don't like it" line.

I wrote to BBC Complaints because my children will be confused if they ever do that again, and they assured me that they have no current plans to have a multi-Doctor episode without Troughton.

Yeah idk what that user meant, Smith and Jones is companionintroductionkino.

So the Doctor chose Bill cuz she's gay?

He has a gaydar?

Fuck off you, y-you... Black person!

I hate to bring up regeneration drama or anything but you do remember how/why Tennant gave up his old role right?