Beijing 2022 costs

I've wanted to go to the Winter Olympics ever since I watched my first games in Turin on TV in 2006, but it just hasn't happened. Money was always the problem, since I was too dumb to allocate money more than 2 weeks before the games started. So now I've decided to actually start saving up for Beijing already now, so that I can afford to go when the time comes.

So basically, what I want to know is:
>How much would it cost for accomodation in Beijing for two people for the duration of the games?
I imagine prices go up, but I don't mind staying at cheap places. I'll be traveling with my future gf ;_;
>How much would it cost for tickets to events?
I want to watch the opening ceremony, all the biathlon races, maybe some ski jump and alpine skiing, and probably some meme sports like bobsleigh. I don't care for cross country skiing or ice sports at all. Do they sell tickets to one event at the time, or can you buy "packages", like you get one ticket to all the biathlon races?
>Would prices go up in the rest of China as well?
You don't go to China everyday, so I'd want to travel around there for as long as my visa allows after the games as well, I'm thinking around two weeks.

So, how much would a month in China during and after the Winter Olympics cost me? I ask here because I imagine a lot of you guys went to Pyeongchang this year and probably to past OGs as well, so you're probably better equipped to answer than the eggheads over at /trv/.

Give me all your info kind anons.

I guess it would cost several thousand dollars

China is usually pretty cheap, but they will hike prices during the olympics because they are more jewish than the jews. I'd book hotel and transport really fucking early, like years before and get tickets immediately when they are put up for sale. If not, you are 100% guaranteed to get fleeced.
As for total costs, last time I was in Beijing in 2007, total costs for a week ran to about 15000 NOK, including flights, so put away 20-30K NOK and you should be fine.

Where are there mountains in Beijing btw?

>with my future gf
Liking your optimism, lad.

>20-30K NOK

whats that in real money ?

I'm putting away about 10k USD as a high estimate for Tokyo 2020, going to be going the 2 weeks before and the 2 weeks of the games, but that's also a high safe estimate

Beijing is fucking gigantic but I assume they'll make it easier for tourists. And that mean they'll make it expensive unless you can navigate yourself and find your own place to stay (and finding a hotel where they at least talk english).

I would recommend reading a history book about china (fairbank will do) and something by simon leys.

Thanks for the input guys.

Thanks man, I'll set aside about 1000 NOK a month starting now, that should give me a fair amount in a few years.

A lot of the events will be held far outside the city AFAIK.

Took me literally three seconds to google (on a slow computer).

That's a bit more than I can afford atm, but I hope I can get a better paying job within this/next year.

I have traveled quite a bit before, so I should be able to get around on my own.

Why waste time ad money going to a country where you'll probably die of some chink disease or run over by a dump truck when you can wait for the olympics to come to europe for maximum comfort?

Don't go, FUCK CHINA

word

Not gonna happen in ages tbqh, IOC is too corrupt to not give it to rich shitholes.

I'll visit Hong Kong too :3

Don't know why you'd want to be there in person desu.
Watching from home is literally the best view, plus you get to shitpost.

>I'll be traveling with my future gf

You're not wrong, but I want to experience it firsthand. Seeing it in real life would just be amazing.

I must believe...

>Took me literally three seconds to google (on a slow computer).

3000 euro
wont pay for flight

thank you for contribuuting
the security services have been called.

>wont pay for flight
Based Italian shitposter. I checked a round trip Oslo-Beijing in August, it cost me 460 Euro.

460 round trip is not bad desu, if u wanna save money, do airbnb or even couchsurfing, u have to book everything early

why dont you just ask /trv/?

I literally said why in the OP. I just figure more people here than there have experience with going to the Olympics.

It all depends on the events you want to go to, how close to events you want to be and how close events are from another. Budget for about 150 us dollars an event and nights accom. Flights are all dependeent upon the market you live in and food and drink as mmuch as your willing to spend, expect markups though. 3-5k us dollars should get you flights, a weeks accom, food and drinks comfortably

if you go to china be prepared to spend at least the first few days shitting water continuously.
hence, go a few days in advance

By an event and accom i mean each for about 300 total

t. Tourist

300 fucking USD per fucking event? So if I want to see the 11 standard biathlon races, I have to cash out more than 3000 dollars? That's atrocious

Not per event, per day, some things are more expensive than others, and not all events are on the same day. Then there are other premiums and local transport costs. It all adds up, especially when you cant take food and drink into venues.

Okay, that's better, you had me worried there. How much was it, generally speaking, just for a ticket in Pyeongchang?

>especially when you cant take food and drink into venues
Capitalism was a mistake.

This is the word of "Winter" in Chinese language.
The design of the emblem came from this word.

Dont ever fly coach on long hauls

I'll always prioritize price over comfort. Will literally take a 70 hour flight with three layovers if I save a few hundred bucks.

But anyway, I'm going to bed now. Bump in case anyone else wants to add something. Nighty night, see you in 2022.