Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=x1UgZFw4xcA
youtu.be/sA3o_UpFn7E?t=156
youtube.com/watch?v=ja4WudpzBYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes?

yes?

>Geonosians designing the Death Star before the Clone Wars was a big mistake

Very cool, very cool. This is actually a callback to the Death Star first shown in 1977's Star Wars, which you probably know as Episode IV: A New Hope

What a cool hologram of a baseball.

VERY COOL

I don't understand people having a problem with this.

of course the plans disappear when you store them in a fuckin carkey

whats the matter with bug people designing the frame or something?

It works perfectly. The Empire is a white supremacist organization, so there is a subtle bit of irony in them stealing technology from their supposed inferiors.

have you seen Rogue One?

this contradicts that Galen Erso planned and built the Death Star

Yes, planned and built. He did not design it.

It is confusing yes, I hope they meant that Galen Erso didn't design it, that he just found a way to construct it. I don't know how much info this hologram has, maybe it was just an idea? But it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the people behind Rogue One had no memory of this scene or hadn't even seen it.

I have no memory where is it from

>He did not design it.

yes he did

just imagine episode I be this instead of Phantom Shitage

>Obi-Wan and teenage padawan Anakin are sent to Tatooine for a suspicious assassination of a Jedi
>Anakin is anxious because he wants to visit his mother, but Obi-Wan reminds him the Jedi shouldnt be attached to significant others
>Anakin secretly visits mother and is confronted with her poor life as a slave
>Obi Wan goes to the Mos Eisley Cantina to search for clues for the dead jedi
>An informant talks about a super weapon in development, but refuses to tell anymore until the jedi do some stupid task for his mistress
>Anakin violates some Jedi codes on a mission for the mistress, while Obi-Wan learns about the plans of the Death Star
>Both return to Coruscant and inform the council, the rumors are taken with a grain of salt and Anakin is frustrated.

continue?

He was probably responsible for the weapon system. And not the overall engineering.

Episode 2 or 3, not sure now. I also just googled it and apparently there's some book or whatever in the nu-canon called Catalyst that explains how Galen Erso was involved in "great detail". Idk what the Geonosians did besides the hologram, maybe they were just "idea guys".

>implying the writers of Rogue One even watched the prequels

Disney is trying its damnedest to make people forget the prequels, you'd think they'd allow writers and directors who've actually seen them to make Star Wars movies?

he designed the weapon part, the laser, not the actual station

>you'd think they'd allow writers and directors who've actually seen them to make Star Wars movies?
The director of episode 8 is a fan of the prequels.

Read Catalyst

Main Saga films overrule "anthologies," Rogue One is officially non canon.

>multiple points where people shit themselves over getting the first death star plans in the series.

>they make 2 more.

"The work has stalled. Galen, I need your genius again."

What's the problem?

This is what I naturally thought as well.

In the film they imply he was a weapons designer.

Yeah I'm sure there'll be SO MANY acknowledgements of the prequels in 8, since the total systematic destruction of their importance since Disney took over.

He may personally be a fan but Disney won't give him one iota of opportunity to acknowledge them.

>considering anything by disney to be canon

>Readin nu-eu
No.

They had the frame built by the end of Episode 3. Its talked about how Erso was the Engineer that was able to harness the power of the Crystal and use it to power the Superweapon. They never say that Erso was the one that Engineered the Death Star completely. Just the Weapons System.

>Geonosians build the Space Station.
>Erso makes the technology capable for such a weapon to fire.

What's the problem? The retcon works. If in Episode 2 and 3, someone came out and said explicitly that they build the Death Star completely and even the Weapon System then yeah it would be a plothole sorta.

>reading corporate churned-out commissioned novels that are used to supplement every movie, tv show and video game in the nu-canon because they themselves fail in telling a complete story
>reading them instead of unique, creative, non-commissioned and actually canon Star Wars novels like the Bane trilogy, the Thrawn trilogy or the Plagueis novel

You must be joking bud

But he designed a thermal exhaust port that has no connection to the weapons systems? At least not directly.

The "Rebels people" fixed it!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=x1UgZFw4xcA

If he was the smartest guy around they would listen to anything he says because he's in charge. If he says the death star needs an exhaust port "because I'm the science guy and I'm saying this weapons system needs an exhaust port!" then they build it, and it makes sense.

>watching Rebels
I'd rather castrate myself

But the exhaust port is connected to the reactor, not the weapons system itself. If he was designing the weapon it would seem to be an overstep of his authority, especially when his loyalty would be suspect.

The reactor- and all its ports- would've been one of the first things designed, to power the station during its construction. Long before Erso's arrival and way outside his jurisdiction. It smells of a convenient fix up of the canon because the Rogue One writers weren't paying attention.

Yeah you are right, the plot is somewhat forced there. Maybe we are being too picky but these noticeable plot holes are indeed annoying. There's always a way to head canon your way around it and fix it though.
But it sucks when they make an officially canon book or Rebels episode (I don't watch Rebels) where they specifically address plot holes and it's less interesting than your head canon.

It's seems like what Disney is doing is creating the illusion of retcons to appeal to both sides... though it seems to just be alianating people because people are now sick of the fucking rebels and the nu-Empire.

Disney is still marketing under the esumption that Star Wars is about Rebels vs Facist when that's only one small fraction of what the franchise was about under Lucas and the Old EU. Disney wars is just that... no fucking variety except those rare moments when they sneak preaquel but for the most beautiful part keep them out of marketing.

>youtu.be/sA3o_UpFn7E?t=156

>Luke did I ever tell you about the B-Wing? It had a miniature superlaser configuration that could destroy small Imperial cruisers in a matter of seconds. It was a good ship.

Rebels is vomit-inducing levels of disgusting. My therapist was right, I need to grow out of Star Wars, it's for fucking children. If only I wasn't surrounded by grown men who love TFA and Rebels then I wouldn't feel like the outcast alien for not liking Star Wars anymore.

you dense fuck Galen made the laser not the station

I know that feel bro. From when I was like four until I was 16/17 I loved Star Wars. I played both KOTORs, the Rogue Squadron games, X-Wing Alliance, both Force Unleashed games, and both original Battlefronts. I read dozens of EU books and obsessed about both the 2003 and 2008 Clone Wars, but then Disney decanonized wverything and I completely stopped caring about Star Wars. It just so happened that all of the normies who laughed at me for loving Star Wars are now themselves huge Star Wars fans who've watched TFA and RO dozens of times and watch Rebels religiously.

It's fucking irritating that Star Wars is normalfag shit now.

A good friend of mine once likened it to watching a beloved family member die of Alzheimers

Exactly! the tables turned 180ยบ, what the fuck.
And you sound just like me except that I haven't played KOTOR yet.

well you can't enjoy something good and have it be popular user.

What or who do you mean by "you"? Why can't we (kek) be the "yous" that enjoy the popular crap? Are we on a higher level above the croud and we can't go down again? Are we "cursed" with higher taste?

What did he mean by this?

Get on it user. It's cheap af on Steam. Don't forget KOTOR II, it's the best Star Wars story ever made.

Did he ever murder younglings?

Disney murdered my childhood, does that count as "murdering younglings?"

From a certain point of view, but that wouldn't make them a good friend.

There were prequel references in TFA and Rogue One

List them m8. The only prequel """reference""" I can remember in RO was the Coruscant cameo in the flashback, and I recall no references in TFA.

No

I, personally, LOVED this reference. Very cool.

>>Fanfiction.net

Max Cantina had podracing flags in her space applebees.

>podracer flags
>first order officers talk about using a clone army
>orange yoda talks about the rise of sith
>ewan macgregor recorded a line
>bail organa and mon mothma played by the same actors
>Jynnn being transported in a clone trooper vehicle
>corsucant
>mustafar

They're there if you look for them

Please guys do not let autistic analysis of any fantasy media consume your life.

>ruining based B wings

Why

>podracer flags
for some fucking reason, Jar Jar Abrams only had them in the trailer, not the movie
>clone army
Clones were also mentioned in ANH, so it could be a reference to that
>sith
eh, sure
>Ewan recorded a line
that they mashed up with alec guiness saying af(rey)d.

tl:dr, pretty much nothing in TFA, RO is cool on references though

I know that feel bro.

The TFA ones are pretty obscure and are strenuous to apply to the prequels, I'll give you the RO ones though. Completely spaced on Mustafar.

>tfw mustafar is the only planet that doesn't get location tagged because it will turn off "true" star wars fans who disregard prequels

I'm gonna steal that gif.
Also yeah I didn't realize they didn't tag Mustafar unlike every other world and only people who watched the prequels can infer it's Mustafar. It shows how they're trying to hide the prequels in essence.

I think it was more to milk Vader's appearance

Holy hell whiney star wars babies are the worst. The threads always devolve into some shitfit that Disney is trying to completely remove the prequels yet completely ignoring that the prequels pretty much nearly killed star wars forever.

They are space fantasy movies meant to sell toys. Learn to enjoy things without being a jaded manbaby.

Why should i care about that faggot of anakin and his useless mother lmao

T. Disney shill
How much is Disney paying you? I'm looking for some work and this seems like an easy gig.

force awakens was boring
rogue one was shit
episode VIII will probably be a fuckup
the prequels are the worst things to ever happen in film history
return of the jedi is kinda bad in parts

The sith arent from the prequels. While never spoken in the movies it was in the script and novelization that Darth Vader was a dark lord of the sith.
>Clones were also mentioned in ANH, so it could be a reference to that
Literally only the phrase "the clone wars."
Until the prequels the clone wars were just a mysterious piece of lore. Look at how Zahn describes it compared to what was in the prequels. And before you scream NON CANNON this is the same book that crystallized curuscant and gave it a name.

>location tagged
This bothered me so much. Star wars has always been classy enough to properly establish locations.

Actually what he planned and built was the kyber crystal powered, power plant for the death star and its laser.

So quit bein a fag.

I know about the sith always being a thing from the start but it never appeared in a film until episode 1, Hearing it in this footage is interesting though

youtube.com/watch?v=ja4WudpzBYw

>yfw that scene is the first glimpse of "taxes and trade routes" George

STRONK IDNEPENDENT WYMN

Where do you think we are, user?

Is Rouge one any good?

He never mentions an exhaust port in the movie. That shit was pure coincidence.

Episode one should have been Anakin being a great warrior, something like Big Boss mixed with Shishio Makoto, an Imperial special forces doing black ops and shit, piloting spaceships and killing whomever the empire told him to, then he starts to do things by himself and Obi wan is sent to investigate and terminate with extreme prejudice this Rogue One (If you get the pun smash the like button), so we get episode two: Apocalypse Force and then the episode three should be about what that scene in the new movie with darth vader was: something that shows us Vader being badass but for a full movie.

They didn't tag it to avoid spoiling the Vader reveal is what I've read.

He designed the reactor then. Still an overstep of his authority from "weapons system designer."

Either:
>Erso designed the whole Death Star from the weapons to the reactor, which would explain his creation of the weakness but contradicts the Geonosians creating the Death Star plans
>Or he simply was responsible for the weapons systems, which would not contradict the prequels but wouldn't explain him being able to put the weakness in the reactor

Needs more podracing

THIS
Galen was an expert in Kyber Crystals.

I still can't believe that normies genuinely enjoyed Rogue One.

But the Vader reveal was in the trailer..?
And the scene before has some Imp telling Krennic that Vader wants to speak with him.

Read a fucking book.

Erso:
>Designed the superweapon
>Researched Kyber Krystal's and learned how to use them in a superweapon

Krennic:
>Oversaw construction of the station
>Made sure Erso was doing his job
He was literally the "director".

Geonocians:
>Assembly of the death star
>Initial designs of the station itself

This is all information from the canon book.

>female lead
>very little story
>pseudo "dark war atmosphere" while really just being another capeshit atmosphere
>Marvel quips
>action scenes where the "good guys" kick ass and the villains look like idiots
>pseudo nuanced "morality" which is still really good guys vs really bad guys
>forced Vader cameos
>happy ending

Rogue One is a normie-kino dude. It's not a surprise at all that normies love it.

The reactor is for the lazer itself, not the full station.

Putting it like that yeah. I just don't get how more people aren't aware of the marketing formula and refuse to acknowledge its flaws.

The franchise is fucked. You would think they would have wised up after the criticism of TFA. There is no hope for 8 or 9 given the directors and the Han Solo movie didn't need to be made.

We're getting another decade of this garbage.

>muh seekrit club
Star Wars has always been normie

>Needing to read some novelization to fix the plot holes in a kid's movie

The flicks are for normies, the EU is for abnormies

And that's why the EU is in the trash where it belongs

Sure thing, Kathleen

I don't know who that is but I imagine she hurt your feefees somehow

>he did not design it
>"Listen guys these plans are good and all, but Im just going to put a big hole right here."

>prequel trash

>doesn't know who's running Lucasfilm
>feefees
>>/reddit/