How did this shit movie with a clearly resolved conflict as an ending get 2 additional movies...

How did this shit movie with a clearly resolved conflict as an ending get 2 additional movies, 3 entire shows one of them continuing on for 10 seasons and hundreds more hours of this?
Why?
The only redeeming thing about this franchise is probably getting to see Claudia Black in her prime, what do they even do for 10 seasons in SG-1? Just marathoned the first 10 minutes of the pilot and it seems there are even more shitskins and blacks to fight in zip up masks.
What made them do this? Is it just idiot soldiers fighting shitskins with alien consciousness?

Is it 10 seasons of this? Why? How much would this have cost? Why was this not cancelled?
How was this imaginative in any way? The first movie alone is enough for this concept why would they even go on to make 1 more hour of this universe?

>Claudia Black in her prime

Son. Farscape was before SG-1

Close enough to her prime, it isn't her fault she looks a decade older at any age she was nice enough in the 4th season of Farscape

>How did this shit movie

>Stargate
>shit

Fuck off, Stargate is Stargate-Kino

Ok then, how did this mediocre movie get an additional 2 movies and 3 entire shows made?
over 350 episodes based on this?
Is it just the first movie spread out over hundreds of hours played all over again with a slight difference?
The slight difference being the zip up heads in SG-1 look slightly different?

why is it so hip to act retarded on Sup Forums? go fucking "marathon" the 10 season of it , not only the fuckin ten minutes you dipshit

I'd rather make a post with takes me a few minutes than watch hundreds of hours of this universe, all I want to know is why, why did they think this deserved 350 episodes and 2 additional movies
why

You're a bad troll and you should feel bad. You could at least go read a few episode synopsi instead of shitposting about watching 1/9th of the pilot.

I've actually watched 17 minutes of the pilot, have you even watched the show?
Why did they consider this good enough to make over 350 episodes on?
I know for a fact SG-1 contributed to Farscape being cancelled

It was essentially a modern TOS - a small core cast exploring planets which either allegorize a current issue or explore a classic speculative-fiction premise.
Towards the halfway point, it became less like episodic TOS and maintained more of an overarching and connected plotline, like later Trek, while maintaining the original campiness/lightheartedness.

As to why the original film got a TV adaptation - I'd venture it was due to the simple but effective travel premise of the 'stargate'. It saved the show from a lot of the plotholes and suspension-of-disbelief breakers that emerge in similar exploratory science fiction shows.

Thank you poster number 6 you have enlightened me

I watched 8 seasons of it, it was my favorite show as a teenager. What said is on point.

Fuck you though.

I can't tell if this is poor quality bait or you're just retarded. Literally all of your "criticisms" are addressed by the end of the pilot and at that point you know exactly what kind of potential the show and the franchise has in store. But yeah, that would actually require giving the show more than ten fucking minutes of your time. Or even going to fucking Wikipedia to see what the show is even about. Jesus, why am I even bothering taking this bait?

>Fuck you though.
take that back please

>webm
Oh nice now I might get a definitive answer: Don't you think its strange how he could feed half the station with his food and everyone knows he has it, yet they don't all rush him even though he is a skinny twink with one non automatic gun?
Explain this please, how did it happen in the books?

really easy, you make pic related your main character. Putting a charismatic motherfucker who actually laughs more about the ridiculous situations than the people watching can at least give you 5 or 6 seasons.
For fuck sake, there's a huge ass alien battlecruiser made by an advanced alien race in the show named after him because he is badass. Name one character in any other science fiction show that achieved that and also that played golf using a fucking wormhole.

because the original plot isnt canon, the ip was bought by someone else and they changed the story

>they only had enough money to hire the arab kid from the film

By abandoning most of the movie lore and running with what was left.

There were other actors from the movie.