Troma thread?

Troma thread?
Favorite movies, Least favorite movies, best deaths, memories, discuss it all here.

My top three Troma movies are
>Terror Firmer
>Tromeo and Juliet
>The Toxic Avenger

Least favorite is probably Toxic Avenger 2 2. its just too slow and overall goofy, also Toxie is best when left in Tromaville. Not thrown into Japan.

I also find Sgt Kabukiman to be overrated but still loves its overall goofiness.

I'm watching Def by Temptation right now, I'm about an hour in and its pretty slow but it has a better script and acting than the average troma film and its well paced, plus young Sam Jackson is always fun

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead is the best imo.

I also love Class of Nuke Em High 3.

I fapped to Rabid Grannies, but Poultrygeist is by far their most accomplished film

Terror Firmer is the best.

The accompanying documentary, Farts of Darkness, is also great.

obligatory

Return to Nuke Em High: Volume 2 was actually pretty good, much better then the first Return.

I just caught one of their earlier films called Dreams Come True, I think it might have just been distributed by them, but it was surprisingly good. A romantic comedy not like much of the other stuff.

>le so bad it's good gross-out amazaballs indie company

literally the SyFy/Asylum of their era.

kaufman is also one of the cringiest unfunny sacks of shits ever, with less charisma and worse screen presence than pic fucking related

not really, the problem it's that you can't understand the love they put on making those films, you need to go back

t. shill

or soon-to-be-unemployed horror movie mag writer

Is he /ourguy/?

>make shit tier garbage """""ironic""""""" meme films
>lol it's okay because we put le heart into them ;)

Fuck off, the only thing praising this shit does is encourage people to make even more no-effort shit flicks

nigga you don't understand, chill out

Generally don't consider myself a huge fan of the Troma stuff, don't think that sense of humour really appeals to me, but this is a whole lot of fun.

They apparently distributed Di Leo's Rulers of the City (aka Mister Scarface) which is a 10/10 eurocrime movie, and also the Centerfold Girls which is a really sleazy but well made piece of grindhouse. I also enjoyed Trailer Town after watching the (fantastic) doc Giuseppe Makes a Movie

don't you have some shitty no-budget e-movie to plug somewhere, brad?

>Favorite
Combat Shock
>least favorite
Every single other film this disgrace of a production company has released

Fucking this
>b-but its bad on purpose guys!!!

They really aren't though, creativity is the most important part of Troma films, good or bad there is nothing in them you've seen before. They aren't trying to make a "bad" move or a "so bad its good" movie, they're trying to make a Troma movie, its the earnestness that set them apart from the rest.

Kauffman's humor is subjective I can get that, plus he does seem to love making fun of fat, retarded, blind, and transsexual people ad nauseam which could get old for those who don't find his grandfatherly style endearing.

>Ironic
clearly you have never watched a Troma movie. its the total sincerity and lack of ironic detachment that sells it and gives the movies their charm.

dude if you don't like troma why don't go somewhere else

This is probably the best.
The same guys did The Void.
Pretty fun and has Kaufman as God.

My favorites are Klown Kamp Massacre and Redneck Zombies.
Both are zero-budget kino.

>Return to Nuke Em High: Volume 2 was actually pretty good

Wait, it actually came out?

its not bad, its low budget. Kaufman sincerely wants to make the bust movie about a Toxic Mutant from new Jersey who brutally murders gym girls who masturbate to pictures of the small child they killed.

Their is no Irony or trying to be bad in that. That is just the movie they wanted to make so they tried there best to make it with the limited resources available.

You don't have to like them, the effects are cheap, gags are over the top, and content is tasteless to most.

i cant believe these guys fucking distributed totoro

I saw a rough cut of the film, I think they did actually release it, but idk for sure.

Way better than The Swamp Thing.

Was Citizen Toxie sequel kino? It's really goofy at some points but I often enjoy it more than Toxic Avenger

Sup Forums hates Troma dude, everyone participating in this thread and is feeding into this is a newfag or cancer.

I respect your top 3, I saw Terror Firmer on release and met Gunn+Kaufman

I love the editing in this.

Also, I have a lot of love for their distribution of Redneck Zombies.

Not a Troma film, technically, but Charlie Kaufman's early production crew worked on My Dinner with Andre.