I don't want to live in my country for too much longer

I don't want to live in my country for too much longer.

How small is your government?

Other urls found in this thread:

object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/human-freedom-index-files/human-freedom-index-2016-country-profiles-update-4.pdf
youtu.be/nBiJB8YuDBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf colombia, i thought you were good guys

>Freetugal

This small: [----]

As you can see, it's not very big. You're welcome to stay if you want.

Not small enough.

>America
>Most free
bullshit, you need a form to do anything here, even to sell lemonade.

Made me think of Ron swanson

Hence why I plan to leave.

I like northern european culture and art, so I would love to move there. However, I'm cautious about moving to your country.
>Denmark is a social democracy.
>Denmark is in the EU.
Do either of those things pose a threat to your personal and economic freedoms?

>Do either of those things pose a threat to your personal and economic freedoms?

No they don't. You need to be more specific if you want another answer.

Alright then, off the top of my head...
How high is the income tax?
Are private firms and transactions regulated, and if so, to what extent?
Is there government surveillance?
Does Merkel send a lot of rapefugees your way?

>How high is the income tax?
Depends on your salary.
If your annual salary exceeds ~76 000$, you're gonna have to pay top tax for any amount that exceeds that value.

eg. normally you'll pay like 40% tax for your income, but any income above 76k$ will be taxed even more; around 52%~.
I'm nowhere near an expert on this subject, there's a lot more going on, but this roughly what you pay.

>Are private firms and transactions regulated, and if so, to what extent?

By our government?
Never established a firm myself, and I've never been interested in this, so I don't know what the government regulates concerning private firms.

>Does Merkel send a lot of rapefugees your way?

It's of no concern really. Most of the stuff you see in the media is exaggerated.
The EU agreed that the members shared a portion of the immigrants across Europe, so that no one suffered a fatal situation from the sudden influx.

To be on point: No, she doesn't decide that 100%, but they do like Scandinavia for some reason.....

Sorry, not my strongest topic..

>normally you'll pay like 40% tax for your income
Never mind, I'll keep looking. Thanks anyway.

You're welcome Ameribra.

>How small is your government?
I recommend South Sudan or Somalia if you want a country with the smallest government.

>Romania

My government is so small it does not work.

to big

Small enough that it's not a shitshow, big enough that I could become a member of it if i actually put a single care into it.

but seriously this big (Bottom row only. top row is press)

>Least free
???

Wanna dispute the claim, whitey? This is from the Cato Institute btw.

It's one thing to have a small room, but how invasive is the legal system? How high are your taxes? How much regulation goes on?

Denmark is just about the liberal democracy with highest taxes.

EU enforces a floor on labour and environmental protections on all businesses.

EU protects your privacy to the extent that it will block state surveillance plans such as the UK's snooper program and even blocked a metadata bank in my country.

post link

>EU enforces a floor on labour and environmental protections on all businesses.
>EU protects your privacy to the extent that it will block state surveillance plans
One con and one pro for each EU country. Doesn't really sway me in any one direction.

object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/human-freedom-index-files/human-freedom-index-2016-country-profiles-update-4.pdf
Fifth page.

This
Building a house on your own land is illeagal now youtu.be/nBiJB8YuDBQ

too big for our population

+600 000 public workers is just too much, and they get more benefits than the average private sector worker

>Bongistan
>free

Who the hell made this stupid graph?

Cato Institute. I'm skeptical of their assessment, hence why I came to Sup Forums.

>British Isles
>Any Scandinavian country
>Germany
>Australia
>Any of these countries free

>chile most free

Somalia has a small government

they are far better than us
these ranks usually look at how much of the GDP the government drains, so its more of a "what percentage of your salary does your government cucks you out of?"

>1st world
>free

Damn we on the same level, I guess banning niqab was too much for the international community.

Ron was right, the bureaucracy in America is out of control. I couldn't even build a shit container for my horses without some busy body bugman acting like it was an environmental holocaust.

Banning niqab is the right thing to do, even here we disdain niqabbers.

I know, i was just remembering Amnesty international (i believe) rating us on the lower end of European nation in terms of civil liberties because of it.

Not really sure how they measured this. They might have taken into account crime rates / press freedom or some other obscure metric cause when it comes to personal freedom I'd say we're freer than muricans, except for the guns part

>he had to smugle shit from chile for years because Kristina won't let him buy whatever he wanted
>he has a blackmarket for US dollars

seriously, your country is a fucking mess if you compare it to Chile

and it's free-to-go my friend :)
wtf, we are teal?

Whats it like to live in a free country ? I wouldnt know...

Stick to Clapistan, mate. Your attitude towards taxation is a clear indication that you're a selfish clueless fuck and would only be a burden to any other nation.

What's wrong with wanting to be left alone? What's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours. I want to live somewhere where the population (and the government) respects that.

Perhaps you can enlighten us about life where you live. I hear very little about Taiwan, so I'd love to hear your story.

Have you ever heard a joke about the difference between each Chinese majority society(mainland China, Hong Kong , Singapore and Taiwan)?

>Hong Kong
Everything is allowed, unless the law forbid it
>Singapore
Everything is forbidden, unless the law allow it
>Taiwan
Everything is allowed, even the law forbid it
>mainland China
Everything is forbidden, even the law allow it

it's like your average asian city. small and ugly city view with constantly threat from the other sides.

>>Taiwan
>Everything is allowed, even the law forbid it
What is the public perception of this? Do you feel unsafe on the streets, or do you feel free?

>small and ugly city view with constantly threat from the other sides.
I can deal with an urban environment. However, the looming threat of the PRC would certainly deter me from moving there.

We feel free when comparing to other place in Asia.
but on the other hand, our freedom is still inferior to the western world's one.

In what ways do you feel less free than western countries?

it's not me who have this feeling, but our countrymen did. They are all brainwashed into thinking that western world is better at every aspect and flawless.

Who brainwashed them into thinking this way? Your joke from earlier leads me to believe your country is freer than mine.

>China
>2nd quartile
Is my colourblindness making me read the graph wrong, or is the graph just shit?

China's in the third quartile.

Ok that makes more sense, thanks America. I wish these kind of colours weren't the default for maps/charts like this.

>Who brainwashed them into thinking this way
our government and your government plus the majority government of this world
>your country is freer than mine.
we always are

>our government and your government plus the majority government of this world
I should have figured.

Anyway, thank you for responding! I will definitely consider your country as I continue my research.

LOL this is way too optimistic about the western world
i can see 2 reasons why

>option 1 :
this is imperialist western propaganda destined to make the rest of the world believe in our moral rightess, they should all aspire to be like the usa

>option 2 :
this is antinational western propaganda destined to make the western people themselves they are way more free than we actually are and the rest of the world is hell

honestly i can't decide but one thing is for sure this is bullshit

Why not both?

that would be extremely jewish

>ass blasted bozgor
those szekelys get k-12 education in hungarian, amid other privileges. I dont think other minorities get nearly as many rights in hungary

That map is bullshit
France should be yellow
You have to get a fucking authorization from the prefecture to be allowed to modify your own house and add shit in your garden
And it can be refused

I think this map don't take into consideration everything.

BTW, fuck this liberticide country.

>Cambodia

Probably because government is so shit they can't even enforce laws kek

It has 17 members (president + 16 ministers), I don't know how that compares to other countries. What is the map based on, by the way?

>inb4 people shitting on all countries
OP there is no place you can move, it's all shit.