Can you imagine the butthurt from the rest of the world, especially the US, if the EU started competing as one country?

Can you imagine the butthurt from the rest of the world, especially the US, if the EU started competing as one country?

actually i could imagine our butthurt

The US only cares about sports that niggers can compete in.

>finishes below great britain at summer olympics

Why would we tho?

I'm totally okay with this since our own team is shit anyway

You guys already compete in a group, very unfair.

How many golds did Massachusetts win?

Joke's on you, then you'd only get 4 athletes in each event

Your mom isn't a sport here.

I think you guys would be more butthurt.
If we competed as 50 separate states wed be a lot better also after a few olympics, certain states would immediately begin to specialize at different sports

cringe

>So many competitors eliminated.

It would be easier for us desu

You know he's right when that's the best you have.

No idea what this shitskin is trying to say. Your English teacher needs to be fired

Absolutely pathetic.

Norway's motto

You don't actually believe in that BS yourself.

are you retarded? there's no way it wouldn't happen.

No, the Arabs are right. Competing as 50 different states would be a politically unpalatable statement here at home. Suc a thing would work for Europeans as they have a very hollow sense of national identity, and will readily submit their national priorities to a supranational entities like the EU.

Im not bashing them, since its understandable why non-contender shithole countries(south and eastern Euope) in Europe would want to identify with the achievements of Brits, Germans, Dutchies, Swedes etc through a European team instead of having to confront their own national mediocrity.

Its only medals per capita that matters

We probably still wouldn't be as good as European countries since there isn't much winter sports culture here in the first place, but states are now competing against each other as much if not more than the US is competing against other countries. There is pride on the line and states in the northeast, midwest and west would definitely want to win winter medals. You think Colorado and Utah will be happy when they realize California wins more freestyle ski and snowboard medals than them? Or that rocky mountain states wouldn't take pride in competing with alpine countries at alpine skiing?
And the midwest and northeast wouldn't want only the western states to be winning medals. Some states would definitely begin to focus more on things like speed skating, short track, and curling, maybe even cross country and biathlon, as much to beat each other at them as to be the best in the world, there would be crazy pride in a state being able to declare itself among the best in the world at a sport. I can easily see a state like wisconsin or michigan really focusing on speed skating or short track or some ice sliding event in an effort to be among the best in the world. A good 15 to 20 states would not be happy to be blanked at a winter olympics. Perhaps they would never become the best, but they would at least be competitive and good enough to win some medals.

It's exactly because we have a strong sense of local identity that states would become a lot better. In this case national identity would no longer be a thing at the olympics, only state identity, so states will definitely want to win shit for themselves.

LA CREATURA

Why is Norway not in the European Union?

this

Read our history. We have been royally fucked over by unions in the past the say the least. Never again.

You can't add all the gold, silver and bronze if we're competing for a single country. It would be 49-0-0

The amount of medals would drop though.
As it stands athletes from small countries are overrepresented and have an advantage.

STOP TAKING OUR NATURAL RESOURCES REEEEEEEEEEEEE THEY'RE OURS

I'm sorry for being butthurt when you beat us in hockey. You did well. Good job.

Plus this

Nigga, i aint reading all that shit

The EU would only be able to send 3 athletes to each event instead of the 500 that you're including in the medal count.