I'M A SAILOR PEG

I'M A SAILOR PEG
AND I LOST MY LEG

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bGG6NWi35Ic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

matt damon's character was secretly gay

prove me wrong

This movie is neither as bad nor as good as people make it out to be.

I firmly hold on to the opinion that the opening 20 minutes of The Departed is the best intro to any crime movie ever.

i can't

>"do you like your wife sucking your dick?"
>"yes"
There, youre proven wrong

well he wasn't gonna go "no, actually could you do it please?"

The implication is that he prefers oral and anal sex over vaginal sex. Bravo Marty

So it's solid 8/10 then

Jack Nicholson's character collects pokemon cards

prove me wrong

yeah

>or someone else will be sticking his cock up little Miss Freud's ass

You're both wrong, he was just a cuck

He tells Alec Baldwin that his dick is working "overtime". He wouldn't have specified that if he wasn't fucking his wife.

Scorsese's music choices are sometimes fucking awful, sometimes genius too obviously but this and 'Wolf' and some other recent work had some shitty choices that clashed w/ the material, like that Sloop John B cover

Mrs Robinson in the wolf of wall street is Scorsese's best version of that scene

I know you're not serious but before that Baldwin says that being married is good since it shows people you're not a homo which means he either knew Damon was gay or Damon just used the "my dick is working overtime" to deflect attention from himself or show how "totally straight" he is

Nahhhhhhhhh I didn't like the Sloop John B cober but I really liked Hip Hop Hooray, Let It Loose, Well Well Well, Mrs. Robinson (the Lemonheads version), and Everlong.

Scorsese either forgot how to edit, or at this stage in his career he's making all his theatrical releases the director's cut and nobody has the balls to tell him it's self-indulgent.

Besides some chunks that should have been left on the cutting-room floor, there were a few sloppy decisions here and there as well. Still some classic Scorsese in there though.

>Scorsese movie
>Gimme Shelter starts playing

inb4 muh infernal affairs

its up there

>inb4 muh infernal affairs
are the sequels worth a look?

>inb4 muh infernal affairs

Too different movies all together. IF dealt with mythology and religious themes while Departed was about psychology and political/social commentary

>and political/social commentary
Fucking what?! THere is nothing political about The Departed. I am with you on the psychology though, but the movie is about father figures in general.

2 is a prequel and is ok
3 was a sequel/plays during 1 and is pointless

Back when he was first using rock music in his earlier films, it was innovative and matched the setting. Now it clashes with the material as you say and sounds like he just uses songs off his ipod.

It's clearly social commentary on corruption of the police

He probably just has erectile dysfunction because of intense anxiety from knowing if he screws up then either Costello will kill him or he'll spend the rest of his life in prison

In Leo's case the stakes are high but maybe not quite as high so he can still get hard enough to cuck Matt Damon

>on corruption of the police
No it isn't. Costigan, Dignam, and Queenan are 100% righteous good guys with no moral ambiguity whatsoever. (Costigan does attempt to warn Costello about the tail at the end though).

whats a sailor peg

>intro about racial conflicts in Boston
>Leo can't become a cop although he has good grades because part of his family are criminals
>micks being micks and constantly making racial slurs
>corrupt cop manages to constantly get promoted because he is shady as fuck and a smoth talker with the implication of him going for public office
>there is no political commentary in Departed

Everything from Goodfellas was fucking impeccable

I like how the music changed with the times, like in the late 60s and 70s it's Rolling Stones, George Harrison, Muddy Waters, etc.

I prefer Infernal Affairs tbqh, this was too American for me (mostly the Irish t-shirt part, what the fuck).

That's just fucking Boston.
He's a cop anyway just deep undercover.
THat's just fucking Boston
He's actually an effective cop and gets low level busts, plus is fed easy prey by Costello. And the shots of him looking at the State House is just showing the audience he is an ambitious character.
There is no political commentary in The Departed. No "anti-Bush" nonsense which pervaded nearly every major movie in that time period.

Scorcese must be fucking obsessed with the Stones, not that I blame him.

>tfw no one remembers any of their work beyond Exile on Main Street

Did you forget seaosn 2 finale of The Sopranos? youtube.com/watch?v=bGG6NWi35Ic

He even did a documenary on them and ironically that song doesn't play there

another person trying to read into a movie and gets it totally wrong. He had ED or on laymans : trouble getting it up

Most artists are defined by their very early work, it takes a lot to sustain a reputation. Elton John's best work was in the 70s, Bob Dylan's was in the 60s, Paul McCartney's was in the 60s and 70s and now whenever he releases a new album critics just feel automatically obligated to suck his dick even if in relation to his talent its mediocre

one of the few artists I can think of who sustained their reputation as a trendsetter well beyond their initial years might have been Lou Reed, the guy was incredibly influential

fuck Lou Reed. you don't even mention Elvis Costello or even Elvis Presley which makes me think you are a full-blown bona fide pleb.

One thing that I wondered during the film is why didn't Damon decide to take down Nicholson sooner. It didn't look like he was particularly benefiting from working with him.

a sailor with a pegleg

>Lou Reed
And people will remember him for that awful album with Metalica

>One thing that I wondered during the film is why didn't Damon decide to take down Nicholson sooner.
Surrogate father.

They needed maybe a minute scene to establish young Sullivan's shitty home life which made him turn to a gang.