twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Sony

>Sony

Comfy WoT thread, let's go

Was Demandred /ourguy/?

>Comfy WoT thread
There's still several >Sony posts to go before it gets comfy

>sony

What does "dark" mean in the Wheel of Time universe?

Semirhage, who inexplicably threw fireballs at Rand when she was exposed instead of utilising subtler weaves, was described as "dark".

Rahvin, Tuon, Sharans, and the Tairens were "dark".

What is "dark"?

(you)

If you don't know what dark means then you should leave.

Could mean anything. 'Realistically' there should be people of all skin colours everywhere, so it's not like geography tells us anything

I know there's a Great Lord of the Dark, and there are Darkfriends, and there's an entire nation of "dark" people called Sharans

>TV series

NANI!? Didn't universal write a rough draft years back I was looking forward to a movie series myself,it's the only reason I went to see the hobbit movies

It means it will be darkthemed, as in serious, creepy, violent etc.

This is just gonna be another Game of Thrones ripoff like those shitty Lord of the Rings movies.

Taim was definitely our guy.

Sandersmandred not so much

Tolkien fanlards will get mad at this but it's true. Ancalagon the Black was a complete ripoff of Balerion the Black Dread. I bet the trollocs won't even look as real in this as they do in Game of Thrones.

It's all capeshit so who cares? Just turn your brain off and enjoy it.

Trollocs realism is my favourite Sup Forums meme.

How will they make them look realer than real life?

>Sony

Never read the series but my favorite song is based on it. Are the books standard fantasy series trash or a rare exception?

worse than harry potter but better than lord of the rings

There's fuckin trollocs m8, it's the pinnacle of literature. Camus rated it his favorite book series just above Twilight.

I thought they were fun. It's easier to go through them now they're all out, it gets slooooooooooooow in the middle

Rahvin was described as "Indian" looking, somewhat brown but not entirely "dark"
Semirhage might have been black.
Tuon could be Dark-Latino-Hispanic-NorthAfrican-looking, but certainly far from being entirely white, or she could be black, dunno, too much dispute.
Sharans are not described much I believe, apart from imitating China a lot with their culture stuff, as well as being the origin of Silk trade and etc.

Some Seanchan are described as being black as coal, and since the continent stretches from northern icy wastelands to southern icy wastelands, its fair to say all kind of skin colours might be found there, and with Imperial capital Seandar somewhat close to equator, the Imperial family might be mulattoes.

Remember when they leaked that shitty pilot a few years back on FXX at like 4am so they could keep the rights? I legit had a panic attack while I was watching it because it aired right after reruns of Archer I had left the TV on and I thought I had finally had a nervous breakdown.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOCCEuROPk

they should base their intro song on this one

youtube.com/watch?v=CNnhhejBkW8

Tuon had charcoal-coloured skin and was described as a doll of black porcelain with tightly curled hair, pretty sure she's Asian.

Per OP article
>Sony will produce along with Red Eagle Entertainment and Radar Pictures
Same people behind Winter Dragon. So, guess they kept the rights.

>Worse than the dullest franchise
No thanks.

>Charcoal skin
>Curly hair
>Asian

come on now

i never finished the second one

shit compared to asoiaf

thing is, Jordan has a weird imagination and the racial lines are very blurred in general in WoT, for example you have Asian features in various Borderlanders, Taraboners dress like Arabs, Sea Folk are described between SouthIndian-Polynesian-looking people, Aiel supposedly look like tall Irishmen with Russian accents living in a place that resembles Saudi Arabia as a desert terrain...
and Seanchan... probably have everything in their gigantic Empire that stretches from far north to far south.

kinda pathetic that a game of thrones only sold any copies due to a robert jordan blurb

Yup, it's awesome.

>more capeshit

yay

I do remember that, and I am very worried because of it.

>>>>>implying that Star Wars isn't capeshit

wew

it's not capeshit ;_;

it will be fantasykino!

What the hell does a picture of the director of American Graffiti and THX-1138 have to do with Star Wars?

Didn't the author of this go tits up and some other dude had to finish it? I wonder how many days before that happens to GRRM and GoT.

>it's a videogame ter'angreal episode

Similar thing happened with JRRT only JRRT actually had a child who cared about his legacy rather than a heartless wife who picked an aimless Mormon to finish it all

Braid-tugging back on the menu.

Actually was a bit excited at first, then I read it was Sony...

Rand will be black.

Eh, Chrissie wasn't so hot in the earlier years.
>Immediately shits all the licensing away
>Got glorious balls tripping Bakshi rotoscope of the rings
It worked out in the end.

Yeah, giving up the rights to Saul Zaentz was a pretty big mistake

Seanchan are Japanese as fuck, but because their Empire expands out and takes over everything they have all sorts of races up in the mix.

To be fair I can't think of anyone better to handle a work of fantasy than a mormon. Just think of the mental gymnastics they have to do to everyday as a mormon. They live fantasy.

This is an excellent observation

I honestly don't know what Zaentz has, like 100% of all non-book rights forever? That's some serious fuckup.

>Wheel of Time

>Tolkien, documented in Letters, fends off attempts at insufficient adaptation
>while his corpse is cooling Chrissy sells everything to Sandy Wexler
life is unfair

>mfw I decided to study all religions before I chose what to believe and I got to the Mormons

Wew lad. In their defense the whole getting to marry as many hot teenage girls who are totally subservient to you as you want is a pretty nice perk though.

Are you implying if I read these books I'll get a sleepy gf? I'll go buy them right now.

Uhhhhh, LDS doesn't believe in plural marriage anymore. Nice LARPing, though.

>LDS doesn't believe in plural marriage anymore
>anymore

Dude polygamists are all over Utah. I live in Utah they're fucking everywhere they just don't talk about it. Don't get me started on the magical underwear and planet Kolob either.

Isn't the twilight person a mormon too?

Yep. They're nuts.

>its a white tower episode

You can't be a member of the LDS church if you have more than one wife, period.

Splinter groups exist for every religion, that doesn't mean anything.

>implying ajah politics weren't the best thing about the books
utter irredeemable pleb detected

starz original series when?

I knew a mormon girl, she was happy to talk about her religion, unless you brought up magic underwear, shed just get red in the face and not talk for a while

>Implying CoT isn't the worst one in the series
get stilled fgt

youtube.com/watch?v=JF4tjhI3D0A

polygamy has existed throughout history all over the world
monogamy is a relatively modern concept, and is mostly forced by states due to taxation reasons

another argument would be that woman have greater motivation to force monogamy than men due to a variety of reasons, due to wanting men "locked" down into marriage of monogamy, and as women's political power has increased, so has the dominance of monogamy over polygamy

anyway, Jordan throws all of it away in WoT, Aiel practice polygamy, and Green Ajah Aes Sedai are known for hoarding male warders as bedwarmers.

I notice you didn't choose to talk about the magical underpants or planet or the fact Joseph "Convicted pedophile and conman who got shot and jumped out a window" Smith said in 1961 that man would never walk on the Moon because humans were bound to the Earth for eternity until they went to planet Xenu or whatever if they were chosen when they died.

CoT is the worst only if you don't include the Sanderson books, but New Spring was the best Ajah politics book my friend.

I get it, you hate new religious movements and are a religious bigot. Feel free to post more insane rants

Well of course not counting the BS, New Spring doesn't really count either tho, its pretty great but

So never mind him, what's up with the magic underwear?

lel you fucking mormons are so nuts. I don't give a fuck what you believe and I actually like mormons but the fact you won't admit what you believe is fucktarded and proven wrong over time just makes me laugh at you. The fact you are the one calling me insane is just making me laugh harder. Go change your magical panties Susan, I think you may have shat yourself performing those mental gymnastics.

It actually works. May seem funny to you because you're not wearing it but it's literally magic armour.

Have fun being le edgy atheist and completely unprotected.

Never said I was a fedora u butthurt wanker, just never had a straight answer about the magic underwear, still haven't, why so defensive?

Jesus Christ.

Does anyone know anything about the Dragons tax policies?

that reminds me I wonder if they'd actually change things around like having Rand merry his childhood crush instead of them growing distance from each & falling out of love

Four wives is a bit too many. cf Sister Wives

actually yes, he implemented various reforms to Tairen land redistribution and limiting nobilitys power
granting special trade rights to Athaan Miere
rewriting Cairhieni legislation to better protect commoners interest and granting financial subsidies to repopulation certain eastern parts of the realm that had suffered in previous conflicts
limiting Aiel looting quotas, and using said earnings to fund new academic institutions and the Army of the Dragon

so yeah, there is a lot of stuff in the 14 books that hints at the Dragon knowing something about taxation :^)

Doubt it, both have pretty lengthy romantic arcs with other people, the story would be a bit weird if rand and egwene were still together by say FoH

Oh fuck you none of that shit sticks
>tfw even batshit crazy rand is still trying to do the right thing

Is it bad that I hope they really fuck the show up so people who are fans of this and not fans of the ASOIAF books can feel my pain?

only person I ever knew who read these books was an extremely stereotypical geek type with bushy sideburns that looked like pubic hair.

thank you for reading my blog.

desu, one could argue that Martin borrowed from Jordan when it came to "taxation" stuff

It's never going to be a show.

aSoIaF was created by a guy who failed in literature and went on to write screenplays then went back to literature. It was tailor-made for TV from the start.

There will never be another Game of Thrones and also, Wheel of Time will NOT EVER become a series. Fact.

is there any hope that the trollocs wont look completely ridiculous?

>thread about 14 book long series being adapted for TV

> Sup Forums trying to figure out how many niggers they're going to have to look at when it comes out

Never change

>Sony

Automatic garbage.

Possibly, I remember the Fatman giving RJ shit that his series was too long, fuck I've hated the fatman for so long

Wash the spears: while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears: while the sun falls low.
Wash the spears: who fears to die?
Wash the spears: No one I know!
Wash the spears: while life holds true.
Wash the spears: until life ends.

>red eagle entertainment
love those based mofos they've been fucking with Harriet for years

superior fantasy kino coming through

As someone who loves the entire series and read it twice, this is really fucking depressing.

>Kino

Sup Reddit

shill your nu-fantasy shit somewhere else JD

You missed the Billy Zane version then?

>Sony

what is fat may never diet, but only grow larger and rounder

some of his "plots" havent advanced in 15 years ffs, ADWD and AFFC barely had any plot moving forward

I know, last decent thing he wrote was the WoT vs GoT svudo cagematch