Would you enlist in a space-conquering fascist federation?

Would you enlist in a space-conquering fascist federation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=78juY_OcxrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>every ship dies in 1 hit

not in that shitty universe

desu I don't even know what this is. I liked the Aryan looking blondes

>you will never have a cute fuccboi advisor

Don't know the anime, but sign me up.

It felt pretty realistic desu

I mean if laser guns were real they would fuck shit up

not in space tho. and barely on a terrestrial plane. Plasma is always the better option.

Logh

jesus fucking christ guise, did you even take physics course?

They're monarchists, not fascists, mmmkay.

In a heartbeat.

>tiny fighter ships able to take down entire battle cruisers with single laser shots
>foot-soldiers all fought with hand axes
>space battles still fought as if they were on a flat 2D surface
The tech in Legend of the Galactic Heroes was hilarious.

There are shields that block those lasers but they are rarely shown
Sometimes it also shows the 3D plane and the ship spread but every strategy is based on 2D for some reason

>plasma

>but every strategy is based on 2D for some reason

that's because 2D>3D

I remember there was one single time when Reinhard realized space was actually 3D and he decided to fire diagonally downwards onto the enemy instead of head on.

LOGH didn't have to be a sci-fi at all, there is almost nothing in the entire plot that relies upon the fact that the series takes place thousands of years in the future.

Still one of my favourite shows though.

doesn't something of that nature happen in the book Dune? i didnt get that far into it but it seemed interesting

The best explanation I read on /m/ was that they only show you the ships that get one-shotted, and that most ships take plenty of punishment from oblique shots. It's just a lot easier to animate ships popping like soap bubbles than to draw debris and scarring.

They fight from a distance of several light-minutes most of the time.

Yang had a point though.

Nah, the main character semi-accidentally unleashes a fanatic religious jihad across space. He's completely unable to stop or control it.

Beats fighting for a corrupt democracy.
youtube.com/watch?v=78juY_OcxrI

Definitely.

What about the Terra cultists?

Really makes you think....

You're right. LOGH could easily have been set in the 1700's or something

p-pol b-btfo?!

>tfw splitting attention between the LOGH thread and the Forever War thread

Post the one of the homo pederast emperor.

one of the major themes was the recurrence of revolutions and political ruling systems.

Based Reuenthal.

It's almost like half the point of the series is that this shit is timeless.

The whole Reuenthal civil war plot was fucking dumb

>Rubinsky tricks Reinhard into thinking Reuenthal wants to rebel against him
>Reinhard doesn't believe it at first but is then forced to start actions against him
>Reuenthal realizes that he could explain the situation to Reinhard
>Reinhard pretty wants Reuenthal to explain that he's not really rebelling against him
>Reuenthal won't explain himself because its too embarrassing

Reuenthal wouldn't have gotten where he was if he was willing to lower himself in that kind of situation, and Reinhard wouldn't have wanted the kind of man who would.

Le byronic hero trope.

I fucking hate animue but watched this about a year ago on Sup Forumss recommendation and thought it was the best shit I've ever watched. Would love to watch it again but would rather avoid the hassle of trying to do it through youtube, where do you guys watch this stuff? Are the spinoff series any good? Thanks

the prequel series are great, especially the ones focusing on Reinhard

I'd sign up to just about anything if it meant I could explore space.

I always assumed it was sort of an asian thing. Pride of a warrior and all that. But yeah from a western perspective it's just a senseless waste of lives and money.

I guess it's like Merkatz being that "loyal retainer" stock character. The masterless samurai who struggle to find a purpose in life.

Didn't Reuenthal say he wanted to rebel though? And that this was just a convenient opportunity to allow him to do so?

Yeah he wanted to prove his worth and have a meaningful battle as well as give that ability to Reinhardt who always sought the same

>I always assumed it was sort of an asian thing. Pride of a warrior and all that
I've seen that happen in LOGH many times

>Empire fleet admiral is attacked on the bridge of his own ship by a brainwashed Terraist infiltrator
>this causes him to lose his ship due to falling unconscious and having to have his arm amputated due to a poisoned knife
>goes to apologize to Reinhard
>doesn't even try to explain how he just happened to have bad luck but rather asks for forgiveness because he was a shitty warrior

STORMNIGGERS BTFO

Da hast du nicht unrecht, mein halsbärtiger Volksgenosse.