Favorite MCU Character / Movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LqM1K79DPog
youtube.com/watch?v=Llf4gGCZ9gs
youtube.com/watch?v=cGkkfzrgk_I
youtube.com/watch?v=DfulsxLfFD8
youtube.com/watch?v=OnSPnBGgyUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Winter Soldier is the best film hands down.

>Michelle Monaghan - Part-time Lifeguard at the pool where several of your birthdays party's take place. Moonlights as a bartender to make ends meet and not particularly fond of her patrons. Once had to use mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on you after an accident. She becomes a friend of the family and mommy invites her out to the family reunion at a resort. While shes playing barkeep after-dark you overhear her telling the other women about how she used to do nude art modelling in college.

thats just me tho

Winter Soldier.
Everything else is the trashiest trash i've ever seen.
Logan is also ok.

>Favorite MCU Character
That one that quips

>Movie
That one that is a lot of fun

I'd say some are mediocre but I wouldn't go so far as to say they're downright trash.

Character-Ant-Man
Movie-Winter Soldier

My favorite character is Ant-Man but the best movie is Winter Soldier since it has good action and a decent plot for capeshit

Probably Wanda
Favorite is.. Ant-Man i guess?

Logan isn't part of the MCU bro

I want this Winter Soldier meme to end

It is not a good movie and this board will be better off when people start to realize that.

>Favorite MCU Character
Either Matt Murdock, Jessica Jones, or Frank Castle.

>Movie
They're range from forgettable to shit. I guess GOTG since it is the only one to ever have some interesting visuals.

They released it at a great time, right around the Snowden controversy

I thought Ant Man had one of the best individual movies out of all of them, but I think the character itself isn't that interesting, at least to me.

favourite character: Black Widow
favourite movie: Iron Man 2

What's wrong with it?

That's surprising, most dislike that movie. What do you like about it?

>Movie
Guardians of the Galaxy, easily. It's the only Marvel movie that broke the generic mold and decided to do something differently, and succeeded at it.

>Character
This is harder, pretty much all of the villains are written poorly and the heroes are all generic quippers whose personalities are becoming similar. I'll go with Drax the Destroyer.

Character-Coulson
Movie-Doctor Strange

Favorite Movie - GOTG
Favorite Character - Bucky

>You will never have someone to be with you till the end of the line

Stop watching Marvel movies they are literally normalizing nazis

>WWE wrestler actually stars in a good movie and puts on a good performance
Who woulda thought?

GotG didn't really break the mold though.
It's pretty much The Avengers in space set to a 70's soundtrack where the underdeveloped main villain is mercilessly killed for no other reason than plot convenience/actor only signed on for a single movie.

Hail Hydra

Only decent MCU film is Ant man, and only because Paul Rudd's mexican friend's stories being represented with actors being dubbed by his mexican friends was funny.

Winter Soldier is the only great Marvel movie for me. The rest range from passable to solid.

Character is probably Captain America or Daredevil

Hail Hydra

I think Guardians is decent but the humour is fucking cringe.

best movie is ant-man or winter soldier

or any of the iron-man flicks (including 2 and 3, fight me)

Most Marvel humor is pretty cringe unfortunately.

I'm surprised most people here agree on Ant-Man being good. I thought I was alone, my friends hated it. Then again they're not very good judges of movie quality but still

Ike the kike is a Jew though.

Paul Rudd is based, no suprise

2 was awful

1 and 3 were GOAT though, probably the best films Marvel has shat out

Who are you?

Come again?

>not liking based sam rockwell

Ant man is the shittiest agit i've ever seen. As shit as dr. Strange.
Both of them get points for qt's.(kate from lost and this blonde girl from true detective s02)

Just a reference to a line said to Ant Man in Civil War. I thought Paul's reaction to it was pretty funny.

Someone get this guy some orange slices

Shittiest shit*

I would add that it's the only Marvel movie to make me feel even a little bit of emotion.

At the end when Quill opens the letter from his mom and you discover where he got the name Starlord from, that was good.

Oh haven't seen that one yet. Wasn't a fan of avengers so I skipped it.

I forgot about that moment, that was good. Better than anything in Thor 2 that's for sure.

Civil War is better than either Avengers movie. It's probably one of my favorites just for how ambitious it is; it's such a shame that people either overhate or overrate it.

Definitely one of my favorites. I like when the movies focus on smaller, character driven plots. That said I think the airport scene is one of the weaker parts of the movie, but I understand they needed a fight in their war.

I probably just made a huge mistake but just watched the airport scene on youtube, and maybe its because I didnt watch the full movie but it just doesn't seem believable that these once allies would actually try to kill each other, so the fight just comes across choriographed

I would consider myself an MCU person but I know what you mean. There's only maybe two or three moments of pure, genuine emotion like that in the whole franchise. It's basically that, Tony calling Pepper while he tries to stop the nuke, and -maybe- the "He's my friend" "So was I" exchange.

They do bring that up in the fight. I think the ideal outcome for both parties was to exhaust, delay, and injure the opponents until they submitted, allowing either capture or escape. Remember the Hawkeye/Widow scene.

I think there are decent reasons why that are explained in the movie, my problem with it is that the airport scene seems way too lighthearted. Almost like they're sparring than anything else.

I'd add "With you to the end of the line" to that list.

Hawkeye.

WS

Sparring, exactly, thats a better word than choriographed

Reminds me of this: youtube.com/watch?v=LqM1K79DPog
A fight not to the death, but to the ass-whuppin'.

It will end when they top that movie. Which they haven't yet.

Not same person, but Hammer time. I want Hammer back, but more capable and serious.

We don't talk about Thor 2.

Exactly, but the tone was different in that movie, it almost works better there.

>I think the ideal outcome for both parties was to exhaust, delay, and injure the opponents until they submitted, allowing either capture or escape.
I don't see how Captain America would know Spider-Man wouldn't get crushed to death under that bridge thing. Then there's the explosive arrows Hawkeye shot at Black Panther's head (which oddly enough probably would've zipped by BP's ears if BP didn't catch them).

Bucky is the most interesting character. Guardians of the Galaxy is probably my favorite movie.

This is a problem a lot of super hero movies have, now that I think about it.

I don't think Panther was in any real danger, and I don't think Hawkeye would have expected him to die, or for that matter particularly cared if he had, but that's a good point about Spiderman and Captain America.

The closest I can see to it making sense is if he extrapolated, based on what he'd already seen him doing, that he would either jump out of the way or not be terribly injured.

Also, because it's a superhero movie and superheroes and supervillains are all fucking morons, he apparently didn't realize he was kicking the shit out of a 15 year old.

Fury
Winter Soldier

Fury IN Winter Soldier, Fuck me.
So much good classic spy shit. especially for a movie that wasn't even about him.

whatever

Captain America / Captain America

>I don't think Hawkeye would have expected him to die
Why not? Black Panther doesn't have special armor as far as Hawkeye and the audience knows.

This, Winter Soldier second best.

Is Captain America CIA?

I would have liked to have had Coulson back in that movie. I guess they would have had to spend too much time addressing him and his reappearance though.

>Watching Agents of SHIELD before Winter Soldier came out
>Because fuck me nothing was on
>And it was already starting to get almost halfway decent
>Episode ends on a cliffhanger involving some stupid SHIELD drama with Agent Lesbian McHighlights
>"Agents of SHIELD will return in a moment"
>Wonder what the stinger for next week's episode will be
>Commercial ends, this happens
youtube.com/watch?v=Llf4gGCZ9gs

Golden age of MCU

Yeah, I agree with that.

Mainframe in GOTG Vol. 2

A large problem with AoS is that they were constantly trying to write around movie events. It's honestly an OK to pretty good show when they're doing their own thing.

But this scene I remember thinking, ' Yea, Sam's pretty old, probably couldn't do a full Nick movie having to run around and shit. But this car scene was a good way to show him being a badass' But now he's in that Bodyguard movie with Reynolds and I see him running around and shit and I feel cheated out of Nick Fury movie.

Fuck this movie has the best action scenes than any of them.

He looks so sad. Robert Redford is an awesome villain. Such calm.

youtube.com/watch?v=cGkkfzrgk_I

Character : Tony stark
Movie: Iron man
Him in just iron man 1 though, his faggotry increases manyfold in the latter movies

Hawkeye was probably briefed that Panther had a vibranium suit. Cap dropping the bridge on Spider-Man is much harder to explain, since that could have crushed and killed him if he hadn't caught it properly. I guess Cap perfectly gauged his strength and reactions in their encounter?

It wouldn't have worked; they had barely explained it in the show then.

It's always frustrating trying to figure out what source material they are pulling from. People that read the comics already know this stuff and the people that the movies account for this. While people that don't read the comics (myself) have a bit of a hard time following sometimes. I have found myself reading about the different storylines on Wikipedia more than a few times over the years trying to figure certain things out.

By that point in the movie, we (and cap) had seen the suit stand up to 50 cal fire from a helicopter and getting thrown from a variety of moving vehicles.

There was a perfect opportunity for a brief cameo in Age of Ultron, when the helicarrier shows up, but then that gets into the weird fucked up mess that's going on at Marvel Studios these days.

But they did explain it at some point right? I have only seen like 5 episodes of the series.

Who told anyone that BP's suit is vibranium?

It was never stated in the film.

Its popular.

It came out in pieces. The mechanism was explained by Winter Soldier but much of the context wasn't revealed until the 2nd season.

Yeah.

He had been dead for about three days when Fury put him through an experimental treatment they came up with in case one of the Avengers died (because, in Fury's estimation, Coulson was one of them). The treatment was infusion with a blue liquid refined from the corpse of a Kree that had crashed down sometime before WW2. The side effects of the treatment were so dire (we see him on a surgical table begging to die in one flashback) that they cut his brain open and burned the Tahiti memories right into it with a laser.

Apparently, the trauma has stuck with him so tightly that when he was put into (basically) the Matrix and new memories of having always lived there were programmed into him, the Tahiti memories were still pushing through and helped him throw off the programming.

A side note: The main side effect of the Kree infusion, so far as we saw, is it makes you compulsively try to draw/model/depict a map to a Kree temple on Earth where a Terrigen crystal was kept. Which is a peculiar thing for a blood transfusion to do, but then, making someone giant and green is a peculiar thing for gamma radiation to do.

I only like the first Captain America. It's the only one that feels like it's not a set piece for something else and tells a complete story. It does get boring in the middle with the super Nazi bullshit (I wish they just cut all of that out, it would have made a better movie) but whatever.

N-Nani?!

Unironically captain America is my favourite superhero, he's the most superhero-ey

Damn, maybe I should give the series a chance.

It was a great stand alone flick. I do appreciate that about it.

The first two Captain America films I think stand on their own.

its not a "good movie" in of itself. Its good for MCU though.

If you don't think Winter Soldier is a good movie then I think your standards are set a bit too high. What do you think holds it back?

fbfp

If Winter Soldier isn't a good movie, then no cape movies are good movies.

I would say season 1 part 1 is the weakest it's ever been. Strongest was season 1 part 2, followed closely by season 3. And the Ghost Rider stuff they did recently was pretty damn good too.

youtube.com/watch?v=DfulsxLfFD8
youtube.com/watch?v=OnSPnBGgyUs

As someone who loves that movie, I would concede it's not shot in any particularly impressive manner, and for all the depth and complexity it hints at, it's an extremely straightforward morality tale by the end. Compare with the movies it most wants to be: the Manchurian Candidate and the Three Days of the Condor.

I really didn't like that the third was basically another Avengers movie. I think they should have focused on Steve and Sam finding Bucky, then maybe Zemo showing up starting shit and Black Panther jumping in at some point. Then ending the film in Wakanda. the third Captain America film should have been a set up for the Civil War movie. With Tony finding out Bucky killed his parents. Maybe at the end in one of those weird clips they do mid credits. I felt the other characters hogged the movie.

>yfw bucky is the mc of both civil war AND winter soldier

Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, GOTG, and Civil War are the true stand outs as genuinely good movies. Everything else is shit to mediocre at best.

Iron Man and Avengers have not aged well at all. Rewatch them if you think otherwise.

Daredevil is the only good TV series.

Matt Murdock and Steve Rogers are the only characters that have gone through actual development.

Thor has regressed thanks to Taika Wamemeki and his shitty direction and style of comedy and its a damn shame Ragnarok is gonna a GOTG rip off quip fest instead of its own thing.