Just saw Logan at the IMAX

Best superhero movie yet. Does anyone disagree? I came into it knowing nothing, not even seeing more than part or a trailer. That made it a lot better, I'm sure.

*part of a trailer.
Had no idea about the first big plot point.

But hot damn, it took them long enough, but they finally made a good wolverine movie. I never really paid any attention to the other wolverine movies- (that's what they require to watch) but this- with only one or two glaring flaws- was 10/10. Best cape to date.

Oh fuck I just came to Sup Forums wanting to have a discussion. Woops. Sage

Easily one of my favourite superhero movies ever. It honestly ascends above the level of typical capeshit into actual greatest movies of all time tier

>greatest movies of all time

You're trolling right?

Well maybe that's taking it a bit too far, but I genuinely think it's a fantastic 9/10 movie

>Best superhero movie yet
I hate this way of talking about things. I enjoyed the movie. It doesn't have enough in common with, say, The Dark Knight or Spiderman 2 to really compare them directly. And that's pretty much by design, I think you've seriously misinterpreted the movie if your first point of comparison after viewing it is other superhero movies.

>Gabriella/iPhone exposition
>Generic Science Man Antagonist
>The Reavers
>Caliban's death scene
>Donald Pierce's death scene
>Eden/The entire third act

Some great character drama and memorable scenes, but overall another shit film. Same as the rest of the franchise.

It's worth noting the film is nothing without 17 years of setup. If that isn't Dr. Who levels of pathetic, I don't know what is.

It's actually one of my favorite movies. Depressing as Hell though.

How is this movie still in theatres after all this time? It's been almost 2 months now.

It cracks me up that the lower the budget for each Wolverine movie, the greater critical and commercial success it has.

I don't think it's shit, that seems unnecessarily antagonistic. But I agree with things like the exposition being really out of place and kind of betray their obvious desire for it to be seen as a film and not just another trashy blockbuster/superhero movie.

>It's worth noting the film is nothing without 17 years of setup.
It's not really set up, at least not in terms of plot. Just familiarity with the actors. Yeah, it's enhanced by audiences having the relationship with Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart, but you could say the same about Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven, even though that was a standalone film. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with impact being increased based on context, so long as that context isn't absolutely necessary to get something out of it. And that seems to be the case - lots of people who don't care for X-Men or haven't seen them reacted quite strongly to this.

*braps your path*

Was all right in hindsight. Huge Jackman is a fantastic acyot, but still the movie is no where near Dark Knight territory.

I just don't think "It wasn't me Charles" and the following scenes would have the same impact that it does without the existence of the two actors as those characters, dating back to 2000, and since I personally found only the character drama to be worthwhile, find it hard to judge the film by itself. It's just a more final link in a long, mediocre franchise. Now with a drastic (not necessarily unwelcome) shift in tone.

Imagine if it had been entirely a character drama, then I might've been into it. The company would be ambiguous, Donald and The Reavers would be actual characters. Maybe Caliban's gambit could have blown off Donald's arm, giving him the cybernetic arm during the movie, instead of do nothing in particular?

Just seems like a lot of wasted potential. At least I learned of the band Kaleo from the trailer, so all was not in vain.

Yeah thats crazy. It's still got 2 showings a day at mine in Auckland.

I watched it with my normie friends who've never seen an X-Men film before. They said it's one of the best films they have ever seen.

Have you just never seen a movie where the characters have a significant pre-existing relationship? It's not an unprecedented thing. This movie was popular with people who weren't particularly familiar with the franchise, I don't know what else to tell you.

And again, I'll go back to Unforgiven and point out that the impact of any other actor than Eastwood (given that generations had seen him in Westerns) in that role would be lessened quite significantly.

Like I said, Logan could be a lot better, and has some glaringly big mistakes. That doesn't mean it's shit.

You're right.
But if you lump it into that sum, that's what I'm saying

I just met someone from Sup Forums on Sup Forums. Which one of you was it? The thread got shut down before you replied to me.

What thread?

It was about a girl on youtube

Not me then.