muh fish

> muh fish

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-2QBYKI8LU
youtu.be/XS_kqEKSOJw?t=50
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

watched it yesterday. it's a really fantastic documentary but i didn't find the food appealing at all. it's literally just raw fish with some rice and some sprinkles of sauce mashed into a little ball. and you need at least 10 years to learn how to do that properly?? get the fuck out...
japanese are too fucking autistic about sushi.
sushi is way too fucking overrated

did this guy fight in WW2?

the inner machinations of the amerifat ladies and gents

Fuck him and his ego.

>walks safely around Toko at 90
>travels to Detroit
>immediately gets robbed and beaten
sad

Holy shit are you trolling or no?

Because goddamn my fine young dude, get out of the house if this is true. Like not even trying to be a jerk, find a reputable sushi place that's 50 dollars or more for the meal. Then go back and eat an 8 dollar sushi meal.

No joke it will blow your mind how many subtleties are present in quality sushi

t. chinaman

Negro you crazy

sushi is one of the most reddit things ever

This. Anybody with time could easily make the same shit that he does.

But because he's old and japanese they give it 3 michelin stars and suck his entire dick clean.

Me on the left.

I never got why he does sushi. And I don't care, sushi is gay

reddit spacing normalfag. It's so obvious you don't belong here. I bet you have a subpar IQ score due to your racial genetics.

You underestimate how fucking hard it is to cook rice properly

>walks safely around Toko at 90
>travels to Detroit
>immediately gets robbed and beaten
>sad
source? this is fucking insane if its true...

>muh notes

>muh pelts

>find a reputable sushi place that's 50 dollars or more
I'm sorry bro but i don't have a trust fund that allows me to dine for that kind of sum you fucking snob.
i can buy groceries for 10 days with that amount of money, as if i would spend that on some raw fish...
i prefer cooking italian dishes, french stuff, that's real food to me, not some parasite and mercury ridden raw sea-abomination

Fuck that sentient turtle. Watch Denpa Shonen Nasubi if you want to see true ecstasy in the form of cooked rice.

>"The reason is because women menstruate. To be a professional means to have a steady taste in your food, but because of the menstrual cycle, women have an imbalance in their taste, and that's why women can't be sushi chefs."

Jiro Nightmares of Ass Raping

It's fucking rice. Cook that shit for a minute and it's gonna be just fine.

t. ghoul from fallout

Fucking jap cut off his claws

thats ´coz you havent eat toro yet, toro (the most expensive part of a tuna) its fucking delicacy you are going to die without eating it in your entire life.

You get to a point of diminishing returns with food.
I've never had food at a Michelin 3 star restaurant, but I've eaten at a few 2 and 1 star places. It's all good. The difference in rating seems to be percieved value, 'local sourcing', excellent service, and a bunch of other shit not directly related to how the food tastes.

a chef can get 2 stars, if you want 3 you have to be a restauranteur and chef

>Because goddamn my fine young dude
le tip my hat to you fellow fine ledditor

Yeah fuck reddit. I hate those weebs.

Oh, so you resent fancy sushi not because it's bad but because you're too poor to afford it.

3 generally has a lot to do with consistency and presentation

goddamn my fine dude you showed him upboated. $50 for rice in a leaf with a cut of raw fish is cheap, its all about the experience hey my fellow fine dude.

Keep getting mad poorfag. If $50 is too much for you to spend don't spend it but stop trying to convince yourself that you're better than anyone else.

Yeah steak is fucking shit too! Those $4 cuts I buy at the super market are tough and flavorless! Yuck!

etc.

fucking go away you uncultured swine

>50 dollars for raw fish

It was a movie about obsession, the man is crippled by it. His son is miserable and borderline depressed for being forced to reach for the perfection his father tried so hard for.

there's culture and there's overly autistic faggotry...
guess which one you and jiro belong to?

sushi can't be that good. obama didn't finish it.

>black people
>eating sushi that isn't some fucking retarded roll

Pick one.

THIS

And no matter how the son tries, no matter how long he works, no matter how many accolades he receives, he'll never be recognized as anything more than "Jiro's son."

Japan is a seriously fucking up country and their culture is too.

t. Amerifat who's had the ambition bred out of him

>only exposure to sushi was, for the longest time, the California roll
>mfw trying nigiri for the first time

What's the point of life then? I think his son should be free to pursue his own dreams, but there's nothing wrong with passion.

I forget who, but his sushi will have to be twice as good to be the same as Jiro's. I felt sad for his eldest son as he had different dreams, race car driver, not even slightly overlapping with sushi. His second son does seem to enjoy his career, perhaps because of the distance he is able to put between him and his overbearing father.

But even then, the restaurant is a clone of his fathers.

A passion is something you enjoy, that gives you life, energy, amusement, entertainment. Obsession is what you are forced to do, what you can not help but do, what you are unable to prevent from doing. The clue is in the name Jiro dreams of sushi, he derives no joy from the sushi, no great achievement or sense of worth it is simple mechanical obsession that drives him.

I mean his reason is sexist but he's not entirely wrong. Why are ALL the world's best chefs men instead of women?

They're too busy having babies and shit.

That's why God invented rice cookers.

is there even a single fact backing any of this up? does the menstrual cycle really effect women's tastes or something? or is this just some odd japanese belief like weight lifters have bizarre broscience

It is true that tastes change throughout the menstrual cycle, but men have monthly hormonal cycles too so idk if it's unique to women.

yeah. probably tortured and killed a bunch of POWs

my god pls fucking kys

you must be a dcuck

>stop trying to convince yourself that you're better than anyone else.
lol the fucking irony of the retard trying to convince the world that a slice of raw fish could possibly be worth 50 dollars. you realize the people selling you that shit are laughing at you, right?

Sushi Chef here, I can tell you, this guy has autism.

>sushi lovers are also comic book nerds
why am I not surprised

>japanese are too fucking autistic
that's all you needed user

We get it, you're poor and the idea of losing $50 is devastating to you.

literally no food sold in a restaurant is worth what you're paying for it

fat burger vs. weeabo

If you're a sushi chef then how are you even remotely qualified to diagnose autism?

I'm a guy on the internet, I can tell you, this user has autism.

Because it's simple as shit to make and make well, a monkey can be trained to make sushi. Jiro is just an obsessive autist.

he has plebism

fuck are you on about? $50 for food that's probably better than what you're usually eating is not that bad at all. Stop being such a fucking poorfag. Is it 5x better than a $10 meal? probably not, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it. Go collect some coupons you lower-class piece of shit.

oh yea? how many 4 star awards from a tyre company do YOU have?

shut up you egret

>ITT Amerifats insecure about their uncultured unsophisticated "cuisine"

youtube.com/watch?v=1-2QBYKI8LU

>ITT DCucks and NolanFags

samefag

youtu.be/XS_kqEKSOJw?t=50

>come in and shittalk japan
>everyone assumes I'm american
Perfect disguise.

australia always ruining threads

the patriarchy

sushi is really taste yes but i agree its overrated i also dont fucking like nips

Are you Korean?

>numales can't understand refining a craft and trying to be great at something

people like you are the reason we have a bottled water industry. you are cancer

What makes HIS sushi better than any other person's?

Specifically, if I had his rice and bought the same fish from the same market that he does, how could anyone tell the difference?

It's not like I'm cooking the fish, or adding extra ingredients, or making fancy sauces or whatnot. It's raw fish.

Don't get me wrong, I love sushi, and I understand that there is huge variance in quality.

But if I just took his place in the restaurant, or opened my restaurant with equal quality fish, there would be no fucking difference because the meal is uncooked fish atop rice. There is nothing to fuck up or make your own.

Well I doubt you would be able to prepare the sushi the same way he does.

>cooking rice
>refining your craft
food preparation isn't art, sorry. turning food into these obscene displays in which you gaze at them for all of 2 seconds before mindlessly gulping whatever slop it is they put in front of your fat disgusting face and then immediately forgetting the experience as you drive home in your faggy electric car is not art. it's nothing more than a sign of western decadence and decay. you fat sacks of shit, you amoral human larvae have so much food that you thanklessly play with it until you create something "new" out of the carved up animal carcass that you, of course, had no part in raising and then slaughtering yourself and that will discard without a second thought if it doesn't meet your arbitrary standards. I fucking despise you people. I shit on the culinary world.

You mean, cutting 1/8 inch slices? Ya, I think I can manage that.

There is nothing proprietary about his operation. Nothing that prevents me from opening up my own 15 person sushi restaurant and squashing him like the cockroach he is.

>Japanese culinary arts
>Western decadence
And what craft, pray tell, have you mastered? Better yet, what is it precisely that you strive toward?

What is your raison d'être?

Do it user. Get those Michelin stars.

>squashing him like the cockroach he is.
How did you manage to mix up Japanese and Turks?

ITT fuckin autistic weaboos

This is the same as when retards point at famous artworks and spout "hurr i could just as easily paint that"

Food should never have to look exotic to taste good.
If you're buying food for anything other than how it tastes then you're wasting your money.

I've had smokeys black as coal from a $10 pack of 6 taste leagues better than a $50 filet mignon served with a "creative" array of shitty inedible vegetables.

Artists
>work hundreds of hours to produce a single work
Chefs
>produce hundreds of works in an hour

Sorta different, I've never seen anyone claim they could paint the Mona Lisa.

Well most famous artworks could be painted by anyone.
Even some paintings are born to give the impression art is not as hard as jews want you to think.
Most modern art is not about the technique on the painting but it's first impression value. Picasso didn't have great technique but lived through turbulent times therefore his paintings are a reflexion of his reality.

My point it, don't take things for granted despite how embellished they are on your American documentaries. Making sushi, cooking, painting, producing music. Nothing takes years of training in *current year*.

But you can paint famous portraits.
People have recreated Mona Lisa in like 2 hours when it took Leonardo da Vinci fucking 4 years.
The only reason people give a shit about originals is because of who created it and what sort of history the piece may have.
No one gave a shit about Mona Lisa until someone stole it.
Things aren't so special when public education let's pretty much anyone be an artist of mediocre caliber.

This is even more prevalent in the digital era when you can artificially recreate anything with a printer to the point where art critics can't tell the difference.
Welcome to post modernism: everyone sucks and nothing is unique.

>Nothing takes years of training in *current year*.

You are an idiot of the highest caliber.

>10 years
You could be a red seal in a trade in that time, you could be a lawyer in that time. Movie was pretentious shit tho

3 has to do with how fancy your restaurant is.

When are we getting Giuseppe Dreams of 'Za?

Keep lying urself Ameritard

Bitch I have 4 tires on my car and a spare in the trunk

There are trades that take longer.

To be quite honest I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, but a statement like that deserves ridicule.

Also, nice assumptions.