Film 3x3 thread

Film 3x3 thread

Rate/hate/masturbate

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJqUZFunBsk
youtube.com/watch?v=c8xZwLC9AZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not into film. I'm into flicks so I've only seen one of those.

You're scenes are 10/10, but you should try to be a bit less obvious, senpai.

Sorry, I don't have a .jpg to showcase.

long time no see, lads

What's 1, 2, 7, 8?

you're bad at picking frames

based flicks

5,6 and 9 please?

3/5

What did he mean by this?

4/6

3/3

What's top left?

stroszek
come and see
a short film about killing
the double life of veronique
taste of cherry

You want to redo my chart, then?

Le Samouraï, Stalker, Fallen angels

you fucking suck

The Mirror

Thanks m8

Ah, Stroszek: slightly overrated/8/10
Come and See: never seen it/10
A Short Film About Killing: boring af/10
Veronique: never seen/10
Taste of Cherry: never seen

Thanks

>A Short Film About Killing: boring af/10

what is top right?

Coherence

No, I get it... you bought it. Sorry.

This is coming from someone who thought pic-related was captivating.

Why no Amour? It's better than the Piano Teacher and Hiroshima Mon Amour.

Oh, I thought it looked familiar, but couldn't really judge from the pic alone. Thanks nonetheless, Film was alright. I really liked the shots outdoors in the dark. The ending kind of sucked though.

>Chinatown
>The Master
>Days of muthafuckin heaven
>Chinatizown
>Raging Bull don don

but it's not
looks great, titles?
great taste imo, i still remember your old chart >raising arizona
>flick
pick one

I want some of whatever you're smoking

Must be a way homer, cause I thought it was a flick.

Here's an old list, i watch too many movies to really be able to pick my favorite 9 or anything like that.

Amour is fantastic but in no way better than the latter two mentioned

thanks! Your chart is certainly the most enticing thus far

give me (you)'s so I can invest in a gf

I'm a dummy lel; it's been awhile since my art house days... but #5 is 'Fires on the Plain,' right?

Amour is a clearly a combination of both films. The use of Riva, who was so youthful in Hiroshima makes the film much more devastating, the play on the title of the film as well. The obvious similarities to Haneke's previous film, the use of Schubert, the main characters being piano teachers, the dynamic of dominance and submission, a woman who craves death, and a climax of a man climbing on top of the woman and destroying her life, emotionally in the Piano Teacher, but literally in Amour.

It literally does not work unless you've seen both other films, it's far, far better than either.

Good guess, it's The Human Condition. Probably the best japanese war movie made.

i love Innocence, Evolution was nice but it couldn't compare with the atmosphere Innocence creates, the way water is used in the film, all it's so amazing, so dreamy, all of the shots worked
some will say it's a film only for women or whatever, but it's so thematically rich and it's so well made that I still loved it a lot, even if it gets memed a lot here
I could talk about it forever.
sorry for the autistic rant
>Your chart is certainly the most enticing thus far
thanks user
youtube.com/watch?v=dJqUZFunBsk
pretty sure it's the Human Condition

Would hang out with/10

evolution was ez modeo imo
water is such an ez thing to use in film, it's basically cheating which is y i didnt like evolution that much compared to l'ecole which was a fucking fantastic debut
her other films are dead tho altho nectar was pretty interesting

>The use of Riva, who was so youthful in Hiroshima makes the film much more devastating
while I understand your point, since the same was done with Jean Pierre Leaud in Death of Louis XIV, and it's certainly very interesting how he chose that actress to represent decay, however, this, or all the other aspects of the film you mentioned in your post, make it "far better" than Mon Amour, a film with a Duras script, so the dialogue is perfect and works in an incredible way with Resnais' use of memory and antithesis in his films, all in a very subtle use of filmmaking.
Hiroshima Mon Amour changed film forever I'd say, so I just don't see it as a film that allowed Haneke's amour to be a thing.

I don't agree at all with you, I think Resnais is a much more intelligent filmmaker than Haneke, and his films are more complex (both visually and thematically) than steady cam social political drama (I like Haneke, though).

Hiroshima Mon Amour plays with linearity and flashbacks in such a unique way too, with recollections of memories that the viewer (achieved through her narration) and the main character (She doesn't know Hiroshima) may have never even lived through. Playing also with Nietzschean perspectivism and digging into a Borgesian "fake memory" territory.

It's a three way win, in image, dialogue, and themes.

I could give you the point that it's better than The Piano Teacher, but I haven't seen it in a while so...

when i was talking about water, i meant how it was used in Innocence, not Evolution, with the girl drowning, and the girl sailing way on the decaying row boat

o right yeah that was a good use of it, u should have put tht in spoiler code though m8

Snatch
The Thing
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Jurassic Park
Fury Road
Zorba the Greek
Mad Max
The Lost World

why post this

you have to be 18 to post on this site my dude

too tired, wow just remembering random shots from Innocence right now, and it's been like almost a decade since i first saw it.

haven't seen nectar, only saw evolution cause it was showing at my local theater lol

altho i will say that Evolution was only possible on that setting (if that makes sense), so I liked how she used it
what are the other films in your weird
mosaïque?

l'ecole
La Lune dans le caniveau
héliú
the wolf knife
l'hiver

>hanoun's seasons
Sheeeit, I should get that, that tetra box set from revoir looks amazing, and I like Hanoun.

Wew thanks user you just made me lose some money jej.

gimme your email or skype i have a present for u
no homo :3

Because it's true
I'm 24

On mobile so ill rate later.

4/5
2/4
3/5

I couldn't handle Possession.
what's the Cusack one?
>The Thing
my man
The Third Man is amazing, one of the best.

ALL THE LEAVES ARE (ALL THE LEAVES ARE BROWN)
AND THE SKY IS GREY (AND THE SKY IS GREEEEY)

Good taste user, 9/9.

Hopefully you'll have California Dreamin stuck in your mind for the next few weeks...

Damn, i need to rewatch Ikiru. Beautiful film. Whats bottom center? Sorta recognize it....

Oldboy.

Films are boring, stare at statues desu

>looks great, titles?
Thanks bro

>The Eyes of My Mother
>Sound of My Voice
>Coherence
>Blue Ruin
>Frances Ha
>Streets of Fire
>The Duke of Burgundy
>Eastern Promises
>Ida

>wet drapery
>praxitelean curve
Hhnng, stop it user, it's too much for me!

The Pieta and The Veiled Virgin are pure kino desu

> masturbate

nice to see we have some cultured people here

9/9

is frances ha in the middle? I don't remember it looking that good although it is a great film

absolutely patrician, titles?

>19th century painting
user PLS I can only get SO hard!

gotta add bell diamond to my list

50€? :D

>euro.cuck
ew yucky
don't talk to me stinky continental

Zorn's Lemma
Snow Flurry
Korkarlen
Gorod Zero
Walden (Mekas)
Rad
Daddy, Father Frost is Dead
Death of Yazdgerd
Moises Padilla Story

I'm awful at recognizing movies just from square screenshots from them.

I watched Ikiru as a teenager and don't think I got what I was supposed to out of it. Should rewatch. Also need to watch the Mirror. No Country is great though.

Love the Seventh Seal

Fookin pikies

Yours is the closest I've gotten to knowing (and liking) all of them.

No Country seems to be pretty popular.

that's what Hanoun's seasons cost D:
rad, lad, that Walden HD rip looks amazing
good taste

Zorns Lemma and death of Yazdgerd, really nice!

5/5 great taste

thanks!
i really liked cemetery of splendour's ending
youtube.com/watch?v=c8xZwLC9AZs
2/2 (haven't seen Aita yet)

excited to watch these, can I get titles on your one m8?

At the risk of sounding pleb, what are all these?

titles?

it's old so I think I forgot what the first one was lol can't find it in my folders either, the rest are:

autement la molussie
d'est
landscape suicide
cemetery of splendor
el cielo gira
diary (perlov)
les mins negatives
aita

is that Hanoun? l-lewd

dat music nice

I'm a pleb and I'm proud.

a tad sentimental but at least you didn't go full rococo

but
>dat John William Waterhouse
good shit my man

neat
>no Steven Seagal
Come on, he's essential for this type of chart
What's the top left one? Otherwise, okay list.
Good one.
Is the bottom middle one Texas Chainsaw Massacre the original? Also, your chart is okay, too.
Why MM1 along with FR and not MM2?
You're okay.
Good picks.
Is the bottom one ACO?
>Big Trouble In Little China
Sweet!
kino
Why IB out of all Tarantino films? That bar scene is 10/10, but he has better shit.
Is the middle left Revenant?
If you're into anime, watch Satoshi Kon's shit, Metropolis, Jin Roh, Angel's Egg, Memories and Mind Game when it comes to movies.

Because I like Mad Max and Fury Road more than Road Warrior

Thanks, man

Why did you like the first one better?

More interesting side characters, story and arc for Max

Fury Road for better action

Right here.

I forget everything I watch :(

It's actually a really aesthetic film. Good use of tighter angles in certain shots to isolate the foreground.

I found out what film was yesterday-core

look at me, i have a peronality

will update when next thread rolls around cba atm

cringe

T. Cinephile intellectual.

just post it if you have to join the thread. Guardians of the galaxy, logan, doesn't matter. It's still a lot more respectable.

Either contribute or fuck off, it's simple.

Wow, the Sup Forums thread police arrived, worried about the bandwidth usage of Cloudflare.

It's common knowledge in these types of threads to rate others while posting yours. If you want to be a parasite, just fuck off instead.

kys retard.
Contribute? It's all the same fucking pleb pack of movies posted over and over again from year to year.

No, they're not always the same shit, and even if they were you should rate them regardless. What's the point of putting your 3x3 filled with obscure shit expecting others to jerk you off while you do nothing at all? Is it fun to keep your tab open all day in hope you get one (You) and someone says whata kinossuer you are? As I said, fuck off.