How can anyone take the film criticism industry seriously?

How can anyone take the film criticism industry seriously?

Top 20 most acclaimed films of all time, according to Metacritic.com:

1. The Godfather (1972)
2. Boyhood (2014)
3. Three Colors: Red (1994)
4. Moonlight (2016)
5. Call Me by Your Name (2017)
6. Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
7. Hoop Dreams (1994)
8. 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (2008)
9. A Fantastic Woman (2017)
10. Ran (1985)
11. 12 Years a Slave (2013)
12. Manchester by the Sea (2016)
13. Dr. Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
14. Ratatouille (2007)
15. Gravity (2013)
16. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
17. Carol (2015)
18. Toy Story (1995)
19. The Social Network (2010)
20. I Am Not Your Negro (2016)

>i am not your negro
wut

doesn't the kid in OP's pic look oddly proportioned to anyone else?

whenever i see that pic it always seems his right arm is WAAAAY too short for his body. Middle of his forearm is only meeting the top of his fucking head

Huh, it's almost as if you watch a lot of films your standards change to reflect your knowledge of the industry. Weird, who would have expected that?

I thought Boyhood was a mediocre film that had the novelty of filming different parts as the children grew up. All that effort and so-so film.

oh boy here come the reddit letter media fanboys to shit on boyhood with the same arguments

children usually have big heads relative to the rest of their body

Had there been separate actors in the movie, BH wouldn't have gotten near as many marks. It's so damn mediocre

This

It amazes me that it was butting heads so much with Birdman at the Oscars, that movie was so much better, even if you took away it's gimmick

>Huh, it's almost as if you watch a lot of films your standards change to reflect your knowledge of the industry. Weird, who would have expected that?

can someone PLEASE remove these autists who shit up every thread on Sup Forums with this shit, it's becoming insufferable

i fucking hated birdman
i couldn't finish it so obviously my opinion isn't worth much but it was just so bad i had to turn it off

please be nicer to your superiors
they know what is best for you, they really do or they wouldn't have been hired

oh boy here comes the faggot autist saying fucking nothing with the same non-arguments

All reviewers should be executed.

2/10

I never got why people on this board hates it so much

It's amazingly paced with a great story and a great score, plus amazing visuals. I really can't watch it without getting inspired. One of the only times I actually agreed with the best picture award

Technically he's a contrarian who sucks massive, soft, and plentiful logs out of John Goodman's ass.

a lot of movies pre 1970 didnt get reviewed on MT you fucking tomatoes tard

Way to miss the point there buddy

Even if this was supposed to be a list of the greatest films since 1970 it would be horrendous also you're wrong lol

How can anyone take a underage retard that pays attention to what a meme site such as Memeacritic has to say about cinema seriously?

>half the list was made in the last 5 years

>2. Boyhood
>4. Moonlight
>5. Literally What
JUST

Metacritic doesn't "say" anything you fucking moron, they just aggregates the critics' ratings

Why are they wrong?

>All that effort

It was one week of filming per year. People act like they followed Boyhood around with cameras for his whole childhood.

Haven't seen the movie (and probably won't), but James Baldwin was fucking based.

doing what they did took more effort than to do it the normal way, this is not debatable

aggregating the "reviews" of retards that pose as some credible film critics is exactly what i meant when i said that memeacritics ratings shouldnt be taken seriously by anyone with a fully functioning brain, which rules out failed abortions such as yourself

>straight white boy story ranked above gay black boy story
Handle your shit film critics