Promoting mental illnesses as normal

>Promoting mental illnesses as normal
>"Science" Guy

Other urls found in this thread:

thenewatlantis.com/publications/preface-sexuality-and-gender
firstthings.com/article/2016/05/scientific-regress
sciencealert.com/a-man-who-lives-without-90-of-his-brain-is-challenging-our-understanding-of-consciousness
theepochtimes.com/n3/995875-prominent-chemist-says-scientists-dont-really-understand-evolution/
thenewamerican.com/culture/item/11640-former-apa-president-says-homosexuals-can-change
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>food analogy
every time

>asian, white, black, and green?

which mental illness?

You just are brainwashed by the Republicans and their crony lobbyists for the bathroom male/female sign industry

That's right. Keep giving them an inch, cuck

something like 41% of trans commits suicide or attempts before and after transformation. Clearly, we are handling things the wrong way or we are classifying them wrong
>source?
literally everywhere, including liberal websites

Oh god, did Nyddler's awful show actually try to push this shit?

I'm asking what mental illness is this science guy promoting as normal

Homosexuality, transgenderism, etc...

Ok, fair enough

>hey kids, member me from 15 years ago? Well we need to have a serious talk. And you need to recycle more, be more conscious of what you use and what you throw, and some tips to help keep your carbon footprint low
>"wow, thanks Bill Nye"
>don't mention it millenials! Look at my zany bow tie!!! Oh by the way there is hundreds of genders not just male and female, make sure to never use he/her or his/hers any longer
>credits roll

don't forget most suicides are caused by undiagnosed mental illness.
>Gender dysphoria is not a meme

WHO /GROWNUPKID/ HERE!!?!??! I LOVE STAR WARS AND SCIENCE!!

>Vanilla confirmed for least degenerate flavor

Feels good. Eat shit, chocolate fags.

Oh god.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING????

>there are people who talk like this outside of Reddit.

MISTER NYE THIS SCIENCE TASTES FUNNY

Embarrassing. This is catering to the most obnoxious millenials

>mentally ill sterilize and then kill themselves
Aren't they doing human genetics a favour?

>Kid get dick chopped off and fed a shit ton of hormones before even hits puberty
>"HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HER CHOICE! Don't you even dare insulate that this is the work of her overbearing parents!"
>Kid goes to conversion therapy
>"THIS IS THE MOST UNNATURAL THING IN HUMAN HISTORY. No one would willingly do this, they are being pressured by their family!"

if men can identify as women why can gays identify as straight?

Don't ask too many questions, goyim.

Literally everything on Jewflix is. I can't imagine actually paying money for that garbage.

>imagine being at computers so fat you look and see food

Okay let's debate this
Homosexuality is a wide phenomenon. It has many causes. Female homosexuality is not the same as the male homosexuality.
My opinion on this one is sometimes it could be a mental illness. Sometimes it is just a result of our genetic predisposition. Some times (even more on this time) it is just indoctrinated, you could say it has become a trend and this one is neither here or there, it more of a social driven behavior.

On the issue of trans people, its hard you know. Because what makes someone trans? It's really hard to say if this is an illness. Most trans people have a mental illness of some kind, that's evident.
This last one is more complicated, but again it is now more than ever being indoctrinated into the society. I don't think this case is a mental illness.
It's not all black and white. There are many causes for mental illness and many causes for homosexuality and transgenders, sometimes these two meet and sometimes they don't.

I get you guys, I really do. I also dislike trans people. But I think we should stop fighting them with the same braindead logic they use. Instead of trying to disprove them we could try to learn and arrive at the actual truth.

Here's another example:

If I told this Bill guy: "Hey this is today's percentage of co2 in the atmosphere" do you think he would try to research why that could or could not lead to an issue, or even try to erase my doubts about this particular spec on the climate issue? He would more likely call me stupid instead of engaging in a debate where we would actually arrive to a conclusion about how climate change will affect us.

Didn't watch the show but I'm not surprised. This is basically the sole purpose and goal of Bojack Horseman.

Why the fuck does Netflix want to normalize depression? It is raw evil thing to convince a society that being depressed is normal and not the result of outside forces.

Except that's not how transgender treatment goes.

Homosexuality and gender dysphoria are largely patholigal behaviours brought on by enviromental factors (abuse, molestation, weak fathers, etc...)

That's just outright false.

Wanna bet?
thenewatlantis.com/publications/preface-sexuality-and-gender

wtf he's in this????

lol wow I cringed at your post. Nice troll.

You missed the whole point of the post.

I want actual facts. We should use those facts to determine the truth. Instead of trying to find facts that accommodate the truth we are most comfortable with.

I have no doubt gender dysphoria can be brought on by for example, abuse because I have seen examples of such.
But what about homosexuality? I haven't seen those be caused by abuse. (that doesnt mean I dont believe it can be caused by outside factors)

I swear its true some people can be so fucked up in the head that they think they are dead, or gods or animals, why couldnt it happen with genders?

>going after creationists
Doesn't a creationist just believe that the universe was created by an abstract entity? How is that something you could ever disprove, let alone be smug about?

You have to go back newbitch.

you probably misunderstood the post
and if you got offended then you have some issues because I was actively trying to make that post as neutral as possible
I dont have a way with words, and I dont speak english either. I'm sorry you cringed

>Doesn't a creationist just believe that the universe was created by an abstract entity?
not quite

>a person who believes that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account.
This was the first result on google.

why exactly? because I dont accomodate your circlejerk of hate against different opinions?
you should state why you disagree and then provide another point of view and if you can, some facts to back it up

ur reddit n need to fuck off newbitch

>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
I get some server error. Got another link?

There are people who get sexually confused after being raped. That doesn't mean they turned gay. Nor does lack of fathers or mothers have anything to do with sexual orientation. We have lot more of straight people who were raised by single mothers or fathers than gays raised by single parents.

You can be smug about the fact that they're all really stupid and believe in magic

THIS

also there are 64 genders

being a tranny is a mental illness 100%, its a identity disorder that is becoming normalized because bleeding hearts feel the need to accept these people for "who they are"

when in reality they don't know who they are and its why they commit suicide at such a high rate, because they cut off their dick or do insane amounts of damage to their body with hormones and it doesn't actually change anything about them and they realize they have made a huge mistake, and this shit gets enabled.

this is basically like telling the schizophrenic that yes dragons really are chasing him and its not all in his head, society does this to these people, they let them do this then cry about how "sad" it is.

the funny thing is that even gay people largely dislike trannies because they realize they have a mental illness and most trannies are psychopaths because of it, with hormones all out of wack and just everything about them is chaos

reddit does the exact same thing as you do:
"I dont like this, here is an article that doesn't prove anything but it agrees with me and it used the scientific method so I cant be wrong"
the difference is, you bash on the things they praise

You're fine esl bro. He was just b8ing.

I agree with most your points but my problem arises when the media clearly pushes an agenda revolving around these issues via virtue signaling or other disingenuine methods. Though that is not necessarily bad, what happens often is media romanticizes and embellishes the Idea of positions like trans when very real problems can arise from mistreating the issue properly. see In other words, prioritize well-being over politics

creationists believe the earth was created a few thousand years ago instead of billions of years ago

so basically dinosaurs aren't real and science is fake

>this thread

Atheists believe in abiogenesis, an unprovable multiverse, and the simulation hypothesis.

Atheists are the most credulous faggots on the planet.

The only common thing all atheists agree on is that there is no God. That's literally the meaning of atheists.

Both leading creationist organizations say dinosaurs are real.

And most science is fake.

firstthings.com/article/2016/05/scientific-regress

This kind of mindset is what inspired the fedora meme in the first place

Giving kids and adults hormones that fuck them over for life, performing irreversible gender surgery and mentally confusing young adults into thinking heterosexuality isn't normal is the equivalent of lobotomy and chemical castration/sterilization that wa performed at the turn of the century.

The road to hell is paced with good intentions.

Abiogenesis is logical, life is comprised of the same fundamental particles as everything else. Just because we haven't yet found the exact mechanism by which it happened doesn't mean it didn't, and it certainly doesn't mean it was actually magic. People like you are generally just too stupid to appreciate massive timescales.

>an unprovable multiverse, and the simulation hypothesis.

No, they just don't claim to know. What's certain is that magic isn't real, and there isn't a magical ghost living inside of you that magically floats away after you die.

>There are people who get sexually confused after being raped. That doesn't mean they turned gay.
I know that. I agree. I said some people had gender dysphoria after repeated abuse, not all of them.
>Nor does lack of fathers or mothers have anything to do with sexual orientation.
I dont know about this one. I'm not saying its wrong, I just have some doubts about these issues because some homosexuality percentages get higher when that particular thing happens. I would like someone to prove or disprove this to me.
>We have lot more of straight people who were raised by single mothers or fathers than gays raised by single parents.
I still dont know. I think we need more info on this issue

>What's certain is that magic isn't real, and there isn't a magical ghost living inside of you that magically floats away after you die.

Is that really certain le reddit? Where does our consciousness come from?

>Abiogenesis is logical

Life arising naturally from non-life isn't by any means logical.

>Just because we haven't yet found the exact mechanism by which it happened doesn't mean it didn't

Ah, atheism of the gaps.

If you disagree with this then you are ANTI-SCIENCE

>Life arising naturally from non-life isn't by any means logical.

Of course it's logical, life and non-life are made of the same things. Scientists have produced organic compounds in labs using conditions similar to those present on early Earth. You're wrong and stupid and on top of that you think you aren't making you truly the scum of the earth.

>Ah, atheism of the gaps.

That's not "atheism of the gaps," that's something called logical inference. Given the available information, by far the most likely explanation is that life came from non-life. We already know that complex life came from very simple life, so it stands to reason that very simple life came from something simpler. Additionally, morons like you have existed throughout all of history, explaining things with "magic did it." Guess what the actual answer has never been, not even once?

not that guy but
bottom line is it isnt known exactly
I speculate that is comes from the interaction of the billion of neurons in our brains, not all of them though.
but the bottom line is that it hasnt been pin pointed

You're just a brain, in your case, one that doesn't work very well.

>It is raw evil thing to convince a society that being depressed is normal and not the result of outside forces
But trans people feel happy once they fully transitioned. The depression more so comes from the social stigma and people hating them.

Yep that's more or less my point since le reddit said
>one thing is certain
like an indoctrinated cuck

sciencealert.com/a-man-who-lives-without-90-of-his-brain-is-challenging-our-understanding-of-consciousness

>Scientists have produced organic compounds in labs using conditions similar to those present on early Earth

So life can arise when intelligently designed to do so? There's a difference between doing something deliberatly in a lab and something maybe happening by accident under conditions we can only speculate about.

>Of course it's logical, life and non-life are made of the same things

There's more to it than that, champ.

theepochtimes.com/n3/995875-prominent-chemist-says-scientists-dont-really-understand-evolution/

>“I will tell you as a scientist and a synthetic chemist, if anybody should be able to understand evolution, it is me, because I make molecules for a living, and I don’t just buy a kit, and mix this and mix this, and get that. I mean, ab initio, I make molecules. I understand how hard it is to make molecules.

>“I don’t understand evolution, and I will confess that to you. Is it OK, for me to say, ‘I don’t understand this’? Is that all right? I know that there’s a lot of people out there that don’t understand anything about organic synthesis, but they understand evolution. I understand a lot about making molecules; I don’t understand evolution. And you would just say that, wow, I must be really unusual.

>“Let me tell you what goes on in the back rooms of science—with National Academy members, with Nobel Prize winners. I have sat with them, and when I get them alone, not in public—because it’s a scary thing, if you say what I just said—I say, ‘Do you understand all of this, where all of this came from, and how this happens?’ Every time that I have sat with people who are synthetic chemists, who understand this, they go, ‘Uh-uh. Nope.’ … And if they’re afraid to say ‘Yes,’ they say nothing. They just stare at me, because they can’t sincerely do it.”

the biblical account is not just a general story of deism

Holy fuck you're dumb. Scientists reproduced the natural conditions in early earth, that doesn't mean it takes intelligence to create the conditions. You're like fucking chimps, I hate religious people.

Well, if there are so many straight people who were/ are being raised by a single parent of same sex parents, wouldn't that then mean there is no correlation between these factors and being homosexual? Having a lot of outliers means the hypothesis isn't correct.

>the image says nothing about religion
>christianity can be compatible with evolution
>asspained christcucks still mad af

topkek

>Don't really understand evolution

You're a moron. If what this retard is saying is to be taken to heart, i'm going to go ahead and ask you if you REALLY understand creationism. No, don't tell me what it is, tell me if you REALLY know how it came to be?

Thats right. You can't. Checkmate. Me right. Me smart. Big brain. Honk honk.

>Scientists reproduced the natural conditions in early earth

Impressive, considering they've never seen early earth. You also have yet to explain how scientists deliberalty creating life proves natural abiogenesis.

>You could make a show that actually focuses on science and explaining why people have conflicting viewpoints

>Instead you just make a masturbation show based on your opinions

It doesn't prove it you dim cunt, it provides compelling evidence that it can happen. It's also the only plausible or likely explanation, since magical fairies aren't real.

It proves that it can happen in a lab under controlled conditions, but actual scientists have no idea what how it's possible in nature, see:

>But trans people feel happy once they fully transitioned

Then why do 40% of them kill themselves after transitioning?

>The depression more so comes from the social stigma and people hating them.

Odd, since their suicide rates are still abnormally high in liberal countries like Sweden and Holland.

The 15 year old reddit oozing out of these posts. Man you've become so wise since you stopped watching Saturday morning cartoons 3 years ago.

>"I'm the normal one because I feel like it!"
no, the normal gender is the one that leads to reproduction. literally the goal of all speices.
wtf I hate Bill nye now.
I watched the first 4 episodes before seeing one about gender and watched it. it turned into all liberal politics and no science. no shit people are gay and identify as retarded things. how about you explain how it is biologically wrong for a species to evolve into not wanting to reproduce. wtf bill. litteraly what did this episode have to do with science?

not exactly, maybe its a sum of events and single parents is just one of those. I only say this because I've heard the percentage of homos is higher in those cases, even if there are many exceptions

>biologically wrong

You are a fucking moron. Biology is not a moral compass you halfwit.

What does that make the religious people who think magical fairies are real?

Like the 64 squares on a chess board. Masons gender swap their kids with hormones and surgery. The LGBT movement is so they can be more open about these things, that walk amongst us, pretending to be something they are not. Literally They Live!

That's only one specific type of creationist though.
What if someone were to believe that the big bang was intentionally created by a divine being?

>abominations kill themselves
>if they don't they end up sterilizing themselves through their surgery or hormone treatments
>this is a bad thing

I thought evolution was accepted now

This. I bet anything in 10-20 years it'll be a giant controversy, with kids suing their parents for 'encouraging' them to cut off their cock, documetari ex telling us how barbaric it is, etc

Nice Reddit spacing, reddit

>biologically wrong

Actually, homosexuality is an adaptation for population control and same-sex bonding.

>the homosexuality is an illness meme from 50 years ago
We still on this?

You sound upset.

they're not 'creationists' as the word is used, but are convinced by some version or other of the first cause argument
The word creation is probably what's getting you here. Intelligent Design is more like the umbrella term for the theory the universe was created.

So, is "not Sup Forums" just going to spam this fucking show every hour on the hour now? This board needs to die, seriously. Nothing is a discussion or fun anymore. It's just the same tireless "who's triggered again today" shit over and over. You'd think having your own Sup Forums board was enough...but no...

My theory that Sup Forums has become so Republican/conservative lately is because the internet became more available and affordable in rural areas, where they still teach the Bible in public schools.

The only reason it isn't considered an illness any more is because a bunch of faggots rigged the votes at the APA convention in the 70's.

>Source: Your ass

>everything I don't like is rigged

Tell me how homosexuality is an illness.

thenewamerican.com/culture/item/11640-former-apa-president-says-homosexuals-can-change

>Cummings said some homosexuals leave their lifestyle and return, much like “falling off the wagon” in a manner similar to an alcoholic or drug addict. But “there are successes.”

>Cummings said an APA committee that considered the possibility of successful reparative therapy would not permit supporters of that therapy on the committee. “[T]his kind of bias prevails in the APA all under the scientific aura,” he said. “[T]he APA has become a monolith. ...The APA has become politically correct. Political correctness rules not science.”

I don't understand how it is skin off your bones to just treat them respectfully like fucking people. Certainly better than shaming them or calling them degenerate. You just sound angry.

>And most science is fake.
Wew. Literally no hope for America. We deserve every nuke.

Gender identity is pretty much a faith based religion. You FEEL something but you can't prove it? Bam, you're 100% correct.

Transgenderism is a disorder, not a mental illness. Trannies' brains not matching their bodies is real, as in biologically true. This itself doesn't cause mental problems, it's the symptoms such as dysphoria, anxiety, and depression that causes mental problems. Cross sex hormone treatment works and significantly reduces suicide rate. This meme that Republicans are pushing that it doesn't work has been proven to be false.

>spout stupid shit with no scientific basis
>gets kicked out of the APA
>says APA is unscientific like a sore loser

wew lad