2026 Winter Olympics

Where should the 2026 Winter Olympics be held?

The four candidate cities are Sion, Switzerland; Sapporo, Japan; Stockholm, Sweden; and Calgary, Canada.

More cities could join candidacy before the deadline on March 31, 2018, but that's unlikely to happen at this point.

obv Calgary for timely live programming in the US, but if not, then Sion

3 olympics in asia in a row?

But I'm ok with any of the others.

Calgary or Sion. Will be two gook-olympics in a row now, so bringing them closer to where winter sports are actually popular is a good idea.
Raising interes in NA again with Calgary would be nice, but then again canada had the games 8 years ago, so another in leafland might be a little much.

For me it’s Sion

if Calgary doesn't get 2026, somewhere in Canada or the US should get 2030

That I agree with. Somewhere in the US preferably.Or if in canda, not somewhere winter temperatures are above freezing.

Sion or Stockholm

It would be 4 out of 5 summer and winter if it went to Sapporo

I'm not sure what the platforms are for Sion and Stockholm but Calgary is suggesting a new kind of economical Olympics that sounds to be a good change. Only China seems interested in building all these massive structures and paying the huge hosting costs to inevitably end up in the red.

Also, the Calgary olympic skating rink is the fastest in the world and everyone likes seeing world records.

Calgary, please. North american olympics mean comfy evening and night competitions for europeans.

>Calgary
We've just had Vancouver.

they still most of the facilities in calgary too right? so its not like canada is going to have to pay billions updating or repairing them

Stockholm. Asians already got their olympics and we just had one in Canada.

no gooks and canadians, Europe is obvious choice, hence Sion.

Not fucking asia again, the time zones fuck everything up.

>Asians already got their olympics and we just had one in Canada.
Why'd you say the same sentence twice?

>beating sweden in sweden
yes...

so? in the interim there will have been no NA games, a South American games, two Euro games, and FOUR Asian games

Sion or Calgary tbqh

For me, it's ((((Zion)))).

>Paris is asian

3 in asia in a low pls just for meme

Sochi
Pyeongchang
Tokyo
Beijing

The Olympic oval (speedskating) is still competition-ready
The ski jumps at COP are still in good shape and could be renovated on the cheap
Lots of good skiing facilities near Sunshine/Lake Louise
And hopefully we'd have a deluxe hockey arena by then anyways if the Nenshi:Flames war dies down

Good business case for Calgary I think. Plus NA timezones.

I was reading about it the other day and every facility built for 1988 is still used

Sapporo>Calgary>Sion>Stockholm

Stockholm
See you there

>I'll be 36 years old in 2026

who cares

>More cities could join candidacy before the deadline on March 31, 2018, but that's unlikely to happen at this point.
Graz wants to, together with some cities in Bavaria.

Don't come to Stockholm. I don't want my tax money wasted on Norwegian doping.

> still no Olympic games in Africa
This is racist, it's the current year

SWEDEN 99%

KEKNADA WAS THERE BEFORE, FUCK THAT GAY SHIT

ResidentSleeper

what's the alpine skiing like in sweden? don't think of their being a lot of mountains, how close to stockholm would the mountain facilities be?

the plan is actually to not spend a single tax dollar on the events as iok will be giving out greater grants than ever and most of the necessary stadiums are already there

but we all know that there is no chance in hell that we will get it as we don't hand out large enough bribes and most of the world despises us, as you can see itt

sion will 101% get it

åre

To further elobarate, we have applied for the winter olympics like 12 times before, maybe you can see a pattern now. Applying for the olympics in our case is just a waste of money and time.

ANCHORAGE

Tromso desu.

Calgary if only because they can share facilities with Edmonton if Saddledome is deemed shit. Put all the medal games at Rogers Place. It's a short plane flight away and one of the best facilities in the world.

>sochi is asia

fuck off with this meme, it was russian and therefore european, geographical boundaries be damned

>olympic games in fucking deadmonton

lol no faggot

>it's not Asian even though it's in Asia

>equating the black sea with chingchongland

Well other than Vegas they have the best facility in the world currently for hockey. No other events will happen here just the hockey. Calgary might not even have a team in 2026

>let's bring olympic hockey to the place hockey dreams go to die, deadmonton

>equating the Caucasus with Europe
>Georgians, Azeris, Armenians, Tartars, Kurds, Turks, etc, are all European

Switzerland or Sweden

CalGary! or Sion Swissland
No Stockastan and Moar Asias.

Won’t Stockholm be under sharia law by then? That might cause some problems.

>Sochi was 4 years ago

Holy fucking Christ.

It's going to be Calgary or Sion.

Sochi is in the European continent. Fucking part of Kazakhstan is part of Europe technically. Sochi was not an Asian games, it was a Russian games.

I dunno why Slovenia and Austria can't put a bid in together for the 2030 OG. We already have all the infrastructure that we need. And we're close only 2h away at most.

It's a shame that 2006 bid failed miserably

getting really suck of this chink olymics every year meme

switzerland seems cool

No civilized country wants to put up with all of the bullshit that comes with hosting it and gold-plating every new facility for the IOC. There's a reason it's going to the places it's been lately, and why Kazakhstan almost won the 2022 games (before Beijing won again).

Why hasn't Antarctica hosted yet?

LA has 2028 so I don't know about that.

>flag
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

yeah, but we having so many Asian Olympics close together kinda messed things up as far a spreading it around goes. and if 2026 goes somewhere instead of Calgary, that'll be back-to-back Euro games with Paris 2024 (not likely they go back to Sapporo unless it's the only option). May as well have back-to-back NA games then, too

>implying the NHL kikes are going to suspend season and vacate facilities for Olympics in 2026

You're going to have to build another one that will sit empty and lose money for decades, Alberta.

Yeah I went there a couple of years ago, suprised how well kept everything was considering most cities turn into derelict shit after the olympics

>Stockholm
Is that place an actual shithole full of rapefugees or has Sup Forums duped me?

I would rather live in Aleppo than Stockholm.

>dumb enough to believe Sup Forums
Sad!

Sapporo is the comfiest part of Japan

jokes on you, Sup Forums is actually right

>stockholm
way to have everybody grossed out by the absolute fucked up state of sweden, and all women raped by subhuman rapefugees

>Calgary, Alberta, Canada

All of those look good.

Canada so my sleeping schedule doesn't have to be so fucked up

reminder that comfy is code for boring

We need an extreme winter Olympics. Fairbanks, Yellowknife, Nuuk, Tromso/Svalbard, Norilisk, ect.

*boring but still enjoyable

The Swiss will have to have a referendum on this and people in Europe tend to always reject hosting the Olympic games since it's largely considered irrelevant and a waste of money here.
So Sion's pretty much out.

Canada just had Vancouver, so probably too early to host another one.
And Sapporo will likely also come too early for another Asian Olympics.

Stockholm will win it if the Swedish authorities apply for the Olymoics without asking their people for allowance.

>let's build shit in the middle of nowhere and see who shows up

That and Swiss people generally are fairly comfortable with the idea that they're the best country in the world. Zero need to show it off or have tourists tramping all over the place ruining it.

Not here. I don't want tax money to go towards this over-glorified pr-stunt.

Sion would be nice but Stockholm will be picked because its a diverse city, just like London was picked in 2012 because of that.

Yes, there are bomb-remnants everywhere. Children crying out in need of water. Also people who bully me for my funny accent.

t. Hyäkki from Lappland

>Other cities can join the dialogue stage until the dead
>until the dead
PANIC

winter olympics need a first world country host but none of the first world countries want to host olympics ah the dilemma

For me, its Iqaluit.

Stockholm isn't a winter city

Switzerland is so first world it makes the rest of the West look like the third world and they're in the running lad.

2024 Olympics is in Paris

Canada IS gook olympics though

Sion or Sapporo, the other two will litterally put a gay orgy in the opening ceremony

it's not going to be in switzerland. It's going to be calgary.
The public is not interested in hosting the olympics, it's only the swiss olympic committee and the region Sion itself and they're not popular here. If they push this candidacy any further, they might be stopped by a public vote (which is guaranteed against the olympics)

Why don't you want to host the Olympics?