One & Done is Racist

nba.nbcsports.com/2018/02/26/pistons-stan-van-gundy-on-one-and-done-rule-a-lot-of-it-was-racist/

He's right you know...

>everything i dont like is racist

the NBA really is cancerous and pandering

He knows more about it than I do. Seems plausible.

“The reason I’m going to say that is I’ve never heard anybody go up arms about letting kids go out and play minor-league baseball or hockey. They’re not making big money and they’re white kids and nobody has a problem. But all of a sudden, you’ve got a black kid who wants to come out of high school and make millions — that’s a bad decision?

“But bypassing college to go play for $800 a month in minor-league baseball – that’s a fine decision? What the hell is going on. If there’s a college that can’t a kid that when you have a chance to make $2.5 million-$3 million a year guaranteed for four years that you should skip college, then the institution is no good.”

Basketball players, who are predominantly black, are required to wait a year after high school before getting paid millions of dollars.

Meanwhile I literally just saw in /hoc/ a graphic about some teenager in the NHL who is on pace to break the scoring record for teenage NHL players. Hockey, I hope I don't need to tell you, is predominantly white.

Discuss.

this

So the ncaa and the nba came together to try to get the most money out of college basketball. Its an NBA rule right? They are trying to be greedy and make the most money off the players. Plus no one gives a shit about college baseball/hockey. There is little money in it. I think we all agree its a dumb rule I just dont think the NBA owners and PA sat around in a room and said gee tom how can we hold down the black man today, you know what i mean?

>Different sports do different things
Wow shocking. Tons of black football players right? Let's allow top high school players to go straight into the NFL. After all, we wouldn't want to be racist would we?

The NBA wanted that rule so teams would stop drafting so many busts straight out of high school.

It's another topic where the thought of race crossed anyone's mind until a libshit brought it up episode

So now they're drafting 19-year-old busts straight out of prep academies, what's your point

yes, different sports do different things. and what the NBA is doing should at least be questioned, is all Stan the Man is suggesting.

The point is whoever is calling the rule racist is retarded.

Yeah but its obviously a money thing and has nothing to do with racism if you think about it for longer than two seconds. Race baiting has ruined media
The leaf is correct

>If there’s a college that can’t a kid that when you have a chance to make $2.5 million-$3 million a year guaranteed for four years that you should skip college

>teams would stop drafting so many busts straight out of high school

more like the to prop up the NCAA

they were super mad that Kobe, Lebron and KG never played 4 years for free at Bumfuck State or wherever

Yeah the NCAA was devastated to not get Sebastian Telfair

>paying a black kid millions of dollars to skip college
Nothing to see here, move along

Which league is more cucked,The NBA or the NFL?

NBA>NFL>MLB>NHL
this is the cuckoldry order

The fact is that college basketball would be an irrelevant amateur league if not for it being tied to universities. Having the top prospects play a year of college is just an easy way for the NBA to make long-term money and grow the sport by expanding the product of basketball and artificially multiplying the number of culturally relevant players/teams.

how is it racist?

it seems to be like it's just the NCAA using their leverage as the only feeder league for the NFL and the majority feeder league for the NBA to force players to play for their schools for peanuts. they can't really get away with that in the NHL as every Canadian kid who chooses to play major junior at age 16 becomes ineligible for NCAA, likewise many European players get paid from their clubs and are also ineligible. The NCAA simply can't get away with that on the NHL as

anyway I agree with the premise, there's no reason guys shouldn't be able to play straight out of high school. If some 18 year olds can safely hang it in the NHL then there's no reason they can't do the same in the NBA. NFL is a bit of a different story, though, it's much more physically demanding than the NHL.

It IS pretty fucking retarded seeing these NCAA coaches like Coach K making millions by exploiting kids who earn nothing.

There were only like 50 ever taken, maybe 5 turned out great, 15 turned out solid and the rest were horrible busts
With such a failure rate it needs to be brought back for the laughs

>4 years
>One and done
Also the NBA makes the rule not NCAA. NBA just wants to make sure there's a free farm system

NCAA is doing these kids a favor. 60 kids a year drafted, maybe 24 make a squad, and a handful go on to meaningful NBA careers.
If you spend 4 years on your NCAA team and get a diploma you will get a job with a booster's company, mostly just to shake hands and take pictures. it's not hard to get the diploma as a Div I basketball player. you just have to show up. then you learn how to tie a tie, smile for the clients and tell a story or two, and cash those checks. before you know it, you are a producive member of society raising children in a stable household, maybe coaching AAU on the side.
this was the plan. all they had to do was show up. we made it easy. fast forward 30 years and the blacks are the new italians.
but instead of a large, stable middle class they'd rather have a massive underclass and 30 millionaires who go broke 4 years after the NBA spits them out.

Why does Stan have to be such a hook-nosed Jew?

Retarded post

They could have adopted similar rules to baseball where you still have the opportunity to jump right from high school, but you have to stay in college a certain number of seasons if you go that route. They also used to have a draft and follow clause, I believe. Part of it was that basketball did not have a developed minor league system like baseball and hockey do. I don't know if the D-league or whatever meets that standard nowadays.

I’m from Detroit and hate this fat faggot. He spouts some BS every other week and he has completely ran an already garbage team into the ground. Dudes a clown.

>NBA players union voted for one and done rule to protect bench slots
>this is a racist policy

Brilliant plan except one year is too little for it to work, especially when the one year actually means one semester
2 continuous years at least

keep in mind the bench is where the whiteys lurk, so the fact that they're saving their jobs is racist

Why is it okay to pay NCAA coaches, administrators and executives millions while the athletes who generate the profits aren't allowed to get shit? The only reason why this shit is allowed to happen is that the revenue generating sports are disproportionately played by black men. If majority white sports like ice hockey or lacrosse made as much money as basketball or football you know deep down those kids would be getting paid.

I highly doubt a whiter sport being more popular would suddenly make the most corrupt and jewy of sports organizations completely change itself

football was majority white for a long time, nearly a century before every college in the country was integrated. a scholarship is a form of payment, keep in mind that the schools built those courts and stadiums and pays for all the logistics of entertaining thousands of people several times a year while also being an educational insitutition.