Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker
Alexander Povetkin vs David Price
Ryan Burnett vs Yonfrez Parejo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7ZJLGG4Ra0
instagram.com/p/BfoyMZEDORh
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for USA BTFO

First for making boxing 6 rounds long with MMA gloves.

>another fighter killed in the ring

your sport is retarded

deontay is skinnier than that pic by far

They'd break their hands, difference in force between 4oz and 8oz is negligible as McGregor found out

i wish vitali would come get his belt back

Overrated bum whos greatest achievement was match fix with Dempsey.
now Gunboat Smith, there's a real champion.

He's surprisingly built. He's just long and lean

yeah, but that picture isnt accurate lol
just watch that webm real quick

He's no Tugboat Wilson

I been the man, (yeah )
They’re backing me cause I’m the package man
4 niggas 4 straps masked up
In an all black caravan

100 more like I’m Farrakhan
Creep up on like it's Pakistan
Type of shit to make you fear the man, yeah
I been the man

Soft cunts. Big Joe Joyce has been dipping his hands in petrol for 30 minutes the past 20 years and he never broke a hand.

Better a broken hand then a dead body.

even hes no cargo ship chrisander

you DONT play BOXING. In your semen slurping sport you have white guys trying to be tought and shit, but here you cant play little Jimmy Mcwhitey. Now fuck off MARICON

>ten seconds where szpilka wasn't getting handled in the entire fight before he left the arena on a stretcher

>szpilka

That's Molina the guy Joshua went through in 3 rounds

You mean the obviously fake KO? Looks about as real as Wilder knocking out Malik Scott.

Joshua strikes fear into the hearts of men so he just wanted to get out, Wilder doesn't command that respect

>he says in response to a post giving instances of the same thing happening with both fighters

Malik Scott is shook of anybody good, he'd been stopped by Chisora before he fought Wilder

Who here is night running?

So your point is that Joshua's fake KO of Molina is a better win than Wilder knocking him unconscious? For sure my guy

Deserves a quiet night.

Why are there so many different boxing organizations? Doesn’t that make it harder to determine who’s the best?

WBC>WBA>WBO>=IBF

Not when everyone knows who the best is already
How you gonna NOT tell the newfag that The Ring title is the most prestigious of all?

Ring>WBC>WBA>WBO>=IBF

Forgot about the ring, but I do think the lineal title is the most impressive

Ring belt looks like shit though

IBO > the rest

It's no WBU.

IBF insist on the mandatory, WBO is run by Bob Arum and Frank Warren and is the worst

IBF insists on the mandatory, yeah. Their rankings are totally fucked and it ends up with absolute cans as mandatories. That's why I put it last.

60 year old ortiz:
youtube.com/watch?v=_7ZJLGG4Ra0

>SuperFly2 cost less than 1/2 of what Garcia vs. Rios cost

How does Uncle Al still have money?

Garcia-Rios probably had more tickets selling at a higher price

Looking back on it, it's hard to believe Fury was such a fat cunt only a year ago. Saw a picture of him from back then and I was genuinely shocked.

HARD WORK

>TMT

HAHA imagine Floyd getting in on this.

instagram.com/p/BfoyMZEDORh

True that, but most PBC show arent sell out though, they give plenty of tickets at discounted price.
Anyway it's almost embarassing how low HBO was paying for this, it deserved definitely more since it was their best card and did good ratings.
I mean, despite HBO's boxing budget is restricted, it still is around 10/15M per year.
As much as Showtime is putting a lot more effort in boxing I dont think its budget is still bigger than HBO's considering they have almost haf the viewers HBO has

What are Floyd's chances against CM punk in MMA? I don't think any less of him for not fighting Conor and Punk is alot bigger with less experience than McGregor but more than Floyd. Dis Mayweather really screw himself with putting himself out there for that MMA match or it was attentionwhoring 100%?

Needs Floyd Sr in the corner

THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS

He'd chin him. CM Punk might be bigger but he's an actor

You don't think CM could take him down immediately? He fucking sucks but he's been training MMA over 3 years

>comes rushing in for the takedown and gets check hooked worse than hatton

NOTHING would make me happier than to see mandrama btfo again but these odds are iffy

Hahaha wtf is he doing

Visiting the shadowrealm

Where are the fucking memes of Golobkeen may fríen? I visit this threads only for that.

>meebee Golobkeen be scared of missing tattoo

>missing
Fuck autocorrect.

Name a worse boxing channel than Artorias Boxing.

Someone please change it to GGG's face

He sees Golovkin's face enough in his nightmares

You're in the club and this guy slaps your ass and tells you he beat Gennady Golovkin 118-110, what do you do?

steal his horse

Put a bag of tortillas on the top shelf.

Do you think we'd be better off going back to one belt per division? I think it would be much better since being a champion would have much more meaning.

That means having one unified international boxing body, which can't be done.

I think we'd be better off doing away with all the belts. They do not prove the champion's legitimacy. The belts are multiplied so the bodies can charge more sanctioning fees.

Cont.

So a boxer beats all the champions in the division, and proceeds to throw all the belts into the audience. He is the People's Champion. Indisputably recognized as the real champion of the division, never paying one cent to the corrupt sanctioning bodies. He embodies the principle of independence.

The question, then, is why do boxers pay sanctioning fees? Why are the belts worth six figures of income? Do they legitimize the fighter? Not in the public's eye.

We, even we, do not need ranking systems. Mandatories are constantly the worst mismatches.

Speech shall not be perverted so as to regard any of these men who whore after sanctioning bodies, "Champions", until they have defeated everyone who we, the public, regard.

Boxing federations are a racket! Let us utterly spare them credence!

Wtf. Look m8 is pretty simple. What people pay extra money for X brand? Because they want that prestige it comes with. ABC belts are just brands, of course they were at the beginning a way to protect fighter, but with the times they became just an enterprise, and they sell titles. Promoters, fighters and everyone want those products, because that a way of market themselves. The only "legit" belt is the ring one because of the way you obtain it, but there is some bullshit with it too

Image I were the incarnation of Ali and I procede to rank in the belts system and get me tittle shot. I won the fight in the 1st with a ko, and absolute blast, then I said "fuck the wbc I don't to pay". Now what? How want to fight a extremely good guy for nothing? Yeah if I have a good promoter and I am a big name I can get some fights but how can I become a big name without a title

Im so sorry for all the miss spell. I'm on a phone and I'm a piece of shit.

You'll be a huge name. If you blast out the best with a KO1, you'll have internet fame, and the renown of the boxing world. Everyone who avoids you will be shamed with duck memes. You'll have a big enough name to make PPV money.

>keep talking chit my frens

To the Autistic Canadanon, there's already been a boxer who somewhat put into practice what you're preaching here; Floyd Mayweather Jr.

He always viewed himself as above the belts, and that titles weren't necessary, hence why he treated them like toilet paper.
He constantly exchanged and vacated titles, especially when the sanctioning bodies came knocking and making demands (Notice how he only ever held an IBF title once, and even then immediately exchanged it for Baldomir's WBC title in his next fight). Floyd could have been the undisputed Welterweight champion 5x over, (Specifically was 4/5ths of the way there when he beat Pacquiao, Brook being the only leftover champ) he just always valued money over titles

But that only ever works if you're already a big draw. Imagine an up and coming Floyd did that?
Pretty Boy Floyd was already ducked plenty by the elite fighters of the era, now if Floyd were stupid enough to constantly vacate titles as soon as he got them back then, no one would ever want to pursue a fight with him. He would just be a REALLY good fighter who doesn't sell too well. The sanctioning bodies wouldn't like him either, so good luck getting mandatory title shots that would otherwise force the champion to fight you.
And even Floyd recognized that having at least one world title on the line was important, it legitimizes the bout as being an truly top level bout, and helps market the fight since people hear "World Championship Bout". Mosley and Marquez are the only two notable May fights I can think of without a title on the line.

So in short, world titles do have their place in the sport. A system that both forces the best to fight, and incentives fighters to fight the best guy in their division is just ultimately a good thing, even if it doesn't always work out the way it's intended.

He's not paying for any of it, he's an """"advisor""""

That fight was unbelievable. A few rounds before that Part knocked Griffith into the corner with a right hand that would have ended most men. It's a miracle that Griffith got back up let alone came back and killed him.

To the American.

World Titles are not the system which forces the best to fight. Public demand, which equates to PPV money, is the incentive which compels the best to fight. World Title mandatories are the system which belt bearers use as an excuse to avoid the most dangerous competition.

>The sanctioning bodies wouldn't like him either, so good luck getting mandatory title shots that would otherwise force the champion to fight you.

You are acknowledging they are corrupt, operating for their gain; and defending their existence.

It certainly shouldn't matter whether the best contenders are liked for their moneymaking value.
The sport would function entirely well if they were all dissolved.

Take my beating like a man

Word

>*dodges Ali Act*

uncle Al got dat blacc sliccness

ibf seems to be the one everyone just drops for convenience

>Let alone came back and killed him
For some reason thats the best laugh i had in days

Its not really an excuse if its mandatory. Its just so people get a shot at it otherwise it would just be tyson fury, Anthony joshua and deontay wilder doing rematch after rematch for the next 4 years as theres no one around

Rematch, whoa. how about they fight one another

and WBC for heavyweight right now isnt worth a fuck
Its still vitalis belt, no one beat him. Bermane stiverne fought chris areolla for it, and vitali had kicked the fuck out of areolla and made him literally cry and bermane UD him. Then Wilder UD Bermane.
Wilder only knocked out bermane now because he had been 2 years without a fight and only did it for tha cash.
No one has beaten a champ for that belt.
But i guess really same for the rest, atleast joshua beat wladimir klitschko at 41 years old with 18 months outta the ring so theres some line of succession there kinda.

Vitali should just come back at 47-48 and smash wilder. He's "champ for life" (in latin lol) so he can do it with no build up fights.

In theory

I mean, If they abolished mandatories right now and people only got what fights they wanted.

Like hypothetical in the future....

just got 5 miles in.

Cant wait till the snow melts tho.

I wouldn't mind, maybe a true heavyweight champion of the era would emerge.

>You are acknowledging they are corrupt, operating for their gain; and defending their existence.
Yes, that's how these things work in reality.
If you constantly blow off the Sanctioning bodies, every last one of them will ensure you never get a title shot in their org again, least not until you make enough money to make their cut of the purse worthwhile.

While I wholly acknowledge corruption does happen with these boxing orgs, I also believe that they also do act in honest good faith half of the time as well. In boxing's current landscape we can see several great examples of sanctioning bodies working as they should and producing fantastic results.

Imagine for a second that Spence never got a mandatory shot at Brook last year. Peterson would have never took a shot at him because #1 Spence wouldn't be regarded as an elite player without Brook on his resume and #2, Spence doesn't have a world title.
The #2 (Some say #1) fighter in the Welterweight division today would never have gotten his position without a fair system that allowed him a shot at the title. He'd still be forced to fight fringe contenders because no one will give such a risky fighter a shot at them without being forced to.

Hell, for further proof and an even better example lets look at the Super Flyweight division right now. The defacto #1 guy in the division is some random Thai fighter who rose from nothing. The only reason he originally got a title is because he fought ranked WBC fighters for the Asia regional title, which after enough title defenses landed him a position to fight the WBC World title holder, Yota Sato. He won the title, defended it once, and then lost it to Cuadras, who himself earned his title shot fairly by fighting ranked contenders and defending the WBC Silver belt.
Normally, this would be the end of a guy like Rungvisai if Sanctioning bodies didn't at least have some fairness in them. But fortunately, they do, and by beating #1 contender Jose Salgado for the now vacant WBC Silver belt, Rungvisai once again had the mandatory title shot. He apparently didn't press it for a couple of years, but he maintained the status nonetheless, all the way up until Chocolatito captured the title and the WBC allowed Rungvisai his title shot.

From there the rest is history. The only reason some random Thai is standing at the top of the Super Flyweight division is where he's at is thanks to how sanctioning bodies allow a fair means of rising through the ranks for fighters regardless of where they come from or what connections they have. This can be muddied in some of the divisions where there is more money at, unfortunately, but the Super Flyweight division proves that at its core this system is a good system and that sanctioning bodies do have their place. Without sanctioning bodies there would be no way for random nobodies to have a shot at rising through the ranks.

Who says Brook wouldn't have faced Spence without mandatories? Brook has a heart.

Brook had already multiple times attempted to duck Spence citing a myriad of reasons, the IBF put their foot down and had to threaten a purse bid to get Brook to actually negotiate reasonably.
Fighting Spence was certainly not ever going to be a priority for Brook and Matchroom. Spence isn't a big money maker and he's extremely dangerous. Without the IBF looming over their shoulders Brook would have dragged his feet as long as he could.

well thats gona be figured out pretty soon anyways.

joshua or parker will fight deontay or ortiz to collect all the letter belts

Then by the time thats done, fury will have got in a fight or 2 and be ready to challenge the winner of that shit and either pass on the lineal or take all the belts.

Its a decent time for heavyweight, I really liked the klitchkos though, especially vitali, there wasnt any drama and shit but they just fucking smoked niggers and it was fuckin impressive.

Ew. I hope GGG KO's him. What ugly looking tat.

Rungvisai is the best real life Cinderella story ever. I hope he continues to reign over the division for years to come, maybe even be considered an ATG by the end of his reign.
That would make his story perfect.

based fucking rungvisai, might have to add him to the top 6

*SHUT UP LIL G*

This is the right take. On the flipside you can look at how he IBF was a joke until Larry Holmes dumped the WBC and it became the "real" heavyweight championship. They're like stocks

>best Cinderella story

It's just like Pacquiao's.

i dont think ide hate andre ward so bad if he just had a slightly less perma smug face.

Even before he punched the shit out of kovalevs cock and balls i found it offputting