Actors have great chemistry

>actors have great chemistry
>well choreographed action scenes (for western standards)
>superheroes actually are muscled bound freaks with high testorone
>character arcs occur
>$770m in one week
Disney BTFO. This is how you do fantasy on a $250m budget

Damn I didn't realize the budget was that high. Furious 7 was 190. That's quite a hike. Surprised they had so much faith in this one despite the loss of Walker.

Paul Walker's nice, but the film still has the Rock, Vin Diesel and Statham. Not only that, it was a well-filmed action movie. You can't just rely on star power.

they know the target audience and make films they want whilst not being neutral mediocre directed garbage.
although you say that I wonder how well a film does in box office just for having the rock

They went from 788 million worldwide with 6 to 1.5 billion with 7. I think most people attributed Walker's death to them nearly doubling their take, so it was pretty damn optimistic of them to feel confident enough to increase the budget by 60 million.

>I wonder how well a film does in box office just for having the rock
Not too well.

desu Statham carried the shit out of this movie

>dat statham-rock interaction

laughs were had

That's a shame because I liked that movie. But they did profit worldwide.

San Andreas made alot, although Central Intelligence made some but not massive.

Maybe he is just modern action movie money magnet. I guess slightly fantasy themes would but some off

I take those over pretty much the entire MCU and most other super hero movies that have come out since Dark Knight.

did these fucking people all forget that jason statham killed Han? I took a piss break so maybe I missed it but I don't think they even acknowledged it at all as far as I can remember.

"Hey bro you never even apologized for murdering our friend in cold blood but you helped us so we're cool now. Let's drink refreshing Corona(tm) beers together"

>character arcs occur
name one

three bald guys who were at one point bald enemies became bald friends

>hercules movie where hes just a normal human

why

this post () is proof. Statham is the antagonist of previous film, yet by the end of this one he and Rock are in a love hate relationship
You have probably not watched the film

>the absolute state American flicks must be in to be praising this shitheap of a movie

Neck yourself tßh

>greek god
>is some somoan-nigger with 0% Greek or European blood

He didn't die. Another organization recovered him. He'll be back in F9 or F10 with a cybernetic arm.

>i was a bad guy
>now im randomly a good guy

That isnt an arc. or at least not a well flushed out one. try again

>That isnt an arc. or at least not a well flushed out one.
mental gymnastics at work. you lost lol

I know that's entirely plausible given the dumb plot twists this series has had in the past but I sincerely hope they don't bring him back, unless it's a prequel or a flashback situation

don't shitpost about movies you haven't watched. No, this isn't an intellectual powerhouse with deep character arcs but neither was Die Hard.

are you retarded? Is your arguement really "lol u didnt even see it"

Surely you can do better faggot?

There was no arc for stathams character. he was suddenly a hero jumping to save the hacker girl and shit out of nowhere. When the not long ago he killed han without batting an eye. Try again

>we wuz street racing and shit
>Car-Avenger the movies now
Cannot wait until they introduce supernatural shit into the movie.
Han and Giselle gonna be reviled through cloning.
The gang will face some super terrorist enhanced with cyborg bodypart and super soldier serum

I hate these movies but I want this film to beat Avatar just for the laughs

You killed my best friend!
>Now I need you to go save my baby

I got really bored and left the theater before it ended. It's like John Wick Chapter 2, weak to no story, and all you do is jump from one action sequence to the next.

the fact that you DID see it and it went over your head is even more embarrassing

To be honest, the idea of him being a con artist who fleshes out his deeds for the public was one of the better ideas of that movie.

Mate you know that you are arguing with a brain dead normie who still thinks f&f series is good?

F&F is pure kino. You're a shit.

fuck off you retard

>t. marvel / dc cuck

>saying f&f is shit on the board that discusses star wars and superhero movies non stop
lol no

>has the rare attribute of charisma in this modern excuse of disneywood
>other actors have nothing but praise for him
>family man but secretly gay
>constantly working
>box office magnet

Have you ever been to a ballet? Same thing except with cars and guns. Action becomes worse the more cuts there are, same with ballet.

>grand finally will be the evil cyborg merging with the haunted car only yo be overpowered by the rock

Not before they face the ghost realm racers in china.

cross over with transformers when?