Sport GOATs

>Football: Pele
>Sprinting: Usaine Bolt or Jesse Owens
>Basketball: Michael Jordan or LeBron James
>Boxing: Floyd Mayweather or Muhammad Ali
>MMA: Jon Jones or Demetrious Johnson
>Golf: Tiger Woods (Debatable)
>Tennis: Venus and Serena Williams (Debatable)

Notice any pattern here? Why are all the best athletes American?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OEaT-d4aQfo
thesefootballtimes.co/2017/10/22/pele-national-treasure-brazil-santos/
thoughtco.com/the-wayne-gretzky-record-book-2779478
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pele
>American
You what?

Floyd Mayweather is shit.

Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest boxer of all time. He's also American.

>>MMA: Jon Jones or Demetrious Johnson

Not even better than Tim Henman

>Football: Messi
>Police flee: not a sport
>Basketball: Larry Bird
>Boxing: Lomachenko or Wladimir Klitschko
>MMA: Stipe Miocic or GSP or Fedor
>Golf: not a sport
>Tennis: not a sport

Notice any pattern here?

Pound for pound, nobody else even comes close to DJ. Taking size into account, JJ is the best to ever do it.

Larry Bird is also American, Ausbro. He'd get destroyed by LeBron though.

Shut up mutt also all the big 4 male tennis players are from europe

>Pound for pound, nobody else even comes close to DJ
He literally beats midget cans. Flyweight has absolute trash for contenders, stop sucking Rogan's dick.

>Taking size into account, JJ is the best to ever do it.
I agree and disagree. I love that cokey boi but we don't know what his ability without gear is.

>female athletes
>GOAT
Fuck off faggot. If they were GOAT they would compete against men.

It's not debatable, it's laughable

>Boxing: Floyd Mayweather or Muhammad Ali
oh my

Football: Cristiano Ronaldo (3 PL + 4 CL + 1 Euro)
Basketball: Michael Jordan (6-0 in NBA finals)
American Football: Joe Montana (4-0 in NFL finals)
Tennis: Rafael Nadal (23-15 against Fe*erer)

>farmers
Interesting how we won 3 world cups with our farmers. pic related

Pele couldn't even cut it in La Liga

>Nadal (23-15 against Fe*erer)
And Djokovic has a winning record against Nadal and Federer, that make him the best?

He wouldn't be able to kick DC in the head without steroids?

lmao you're using 14 games to reach that conclusion? Not to mention it shows he scored against real madrid, barcelona twice and valencia lol

That's not what I said, but I can already tell you're going to be an insufferable prick to discuss this with.

26-24 against Nadal, barely a "winning record", it could literally change in a month (clay season)

>clay
>being a valid surface in the first place

Pretty much every list that compiles the greatest footballers of all time puts Pele at #1. They are all wrong and you're right?

I'm using 14 games because he was too scared to play in Europe, so that's what we've got

14 games is almost an entire round of La Liga

he also failed to score against Espanyol (x2), Valencia, Barcelona, Malaga, Atletico Madrid

I bet you all my money they think Pele won 3 World Cups, and they don't even know that he didn't play more than 1 game in 1962

He wasn't scared to play in Europe. The government declared him a national treasure so he couldn't do it. He performed well in international competitions. Beat benfica and milan in finals and 3 world cups.

Top Brazilian perform well in the international stage why would Pelé be any different? Stop lying to yourself.

Pelé vs Europe:
youtube.com/watch?v=OEaT-d4aQfo

All black too

>The government declared him a national treasure so he couldn't do it

Pele in La Liga:
>worse than Puskas, Di Stefano, Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi

He gets credit for winning 3 WC even tho he didn't even play in 1962 kek, which shows how much the team needed him

Dumb potato man

It's a fucking fact, you fucking brain dead moron.
thesefootballtimes.co/2017/10/22/pele-national-treasure-brazil-santos/

>Jon Jones

Just how gullible can you be? That thing wasn't even constitutional, he could have challenged it and won, besides Brazil having absolutely no way to get him out of Spain

why THE FUCK would Pelé be afraid of playing in Europe?

world cup:
1958 - Brazil
1962 - Brazil
1966 - England
1970 - Brazil

International Cup:
1962: Santos vs Benfica -> Santos champion
1963: Santos vs Milan -> Santos champion

I think roids for Jones are like Jordan's Secret Stuff in Space Jam, he just thinks he needs to juice to win, he didn't realize the greatness was inside him all along.

>women
>GOAT of any sport
>pele

Wilt Chamberlain, Dr J and Bill Russell could all be the GOAT too

Really unlikely that Mayweather is.

Because he had an abysmal scoring ratio against La Liga teams

>>Basketball: Michael Jordan or LeBron James
Nice try Bron

Willie Pep is closer to GOAT tier than mayweather

Bird would put 40 on him and get him ejected to boot.

>Willie Pep
you mean wally pipp

Why do you act stupid like that? The man won international titles with the national team and his team.

According to the uploader of that pelé vs europe video he has 130 goals in 144 matches against European teams

>Jon Jones = on PEDS
> Demetrious Johnson = got beaten by Dominick Cruz

he's no sam langford

>love that cokey boi but we don't know what his ability without gear is.
You also don't know what usain bolt can run without gear

GOAT ALL SPORTS: Wayne Gretzky
"Wayne Gretzky holds or shares 61 NHL records: 40 for the regular season, 15 for the Stanley Cup playoffs and six for the NHL All-Star Game. Here's a summary of what is almost certainly the most amazing career record in the history of sports..." March 18, 2017
thoughtco.com/the-wayne-gretzky-record-book-2779478

>Football: Messi
>American Football: Montana
>Chess: Magnus Carlsen
>Sprinting: Usain Bolt
>Basketball: Michael Jordan
>Boxing: Floyd Mayweather
>MMA: GSP (see pic related)
>Golf: Don't fucking know
>Tennis: Federer
>Skiing: Shane McConkey

>Pretty much every list that compiles the greatest footballers of all time puts Pele at #1. They are all wrong and you're right?
lol
go watch some of his old games, you can find them online.
1. there is NO defense. Idk if they just didn't defend back then or if the fix was in, but it's hilarious.
2. Pele's "records" include all kinds of games no one really counts when they compile real records.
3. He's objectively not even Top 100. Today's defenders would stone-wall him completely.

Tennis is the Fed Express. Williams sisters lost to a guy who's warm up was beer and cigarettes and he played them back to back.

>He's objectively not even Top 100.
You guys try so hard to say he isn't the best that you go full retarded. There's no way that a guy who was called the GOAT for decades isn't even "in the top 100"

Even if you excluse his goals in friendlies he's still scored >700~ goals

he won international titles with his club in 1962 and 1963 against Benfica and Milan
and even if you exclude 1962. He has the 1958 and 1970 world cup... plus

>>MMA: Jon Jones or Demetrious Johnson
lolno

just watch some of his old games, you'll see...

Curling: Shuster

Literally where can I buy a USA Shuster curling jersey

I'm going to assume greatest means actual skill plus trophies won (with thropies' dependence on the skill coming into play)
Without trophies it would just be the best ever (for example what if in every pele brazil finals pele played on the same level, scored the same goals, but the opponents simply scored more, lets say in the last 5 minutes, would he be considered as great as he's considered today?)

Football: I'm not sure how would he hold up today, but then again it's impossible to know such things, he won a lot of stuff, contemporaries and next generation greats call him the goat, it is what it is for now
>Pele
(Although I think messi will surpass him when he hangs it, he is the best ever, no doubt, probably just a couple of big throphies more, not necessarily wc, and he's good)
Sprinting: this one's easy, the best is simply the fastest and the best also won it all multiple times
>Usain Bolt
Basketball: he was the best, won it all a lot of times, is almost universally thought of as goat today, or at least top 3 or so
>Michael Jordan
Boxing: I simply don't watch or know about box enough to say
MMA: similar as with boxing, and I want to say that, for both those sports, pound for pound rankings when talking who is the best ever are ridicilous, you can talk about the best lw, hw, fly ever but the best in sport is the best in sport, same reasoning behind ranking women is these kind of stuff
Golf: literally never watched it, although I wanted to get into it, it never happened
Tennis: I think that best ever in his prime is Đoković, but this is a goat list so this one is also pretty easy
>Federer

Harry Greb for boxing and GSP for MMA

>romario thinks he is better than maradona

kek

>Floyd Mayweather is shit.
Yea, no.

I rate athletes by their prime
>Football
Maradona or R9 Ronaldo
>Sprinting
Usain Bolt
>Basketball
Jordan
>Boxing
Tyson or Jones Jr
>MMA
Fedor Emelianenko
>Golf
No clue, I'm not gay.
>Tennis
No clue, I'm not gay

He would've been completely eclipsed by Kubala and Di Stefano.

Larry Bird would bully LeCuck into oblivion