WTF is this true? Santa doesn't bring presents to all those people?

WTF is this true? Santa doesn't bring presents to all those people?

Who brings you presents in your cunt?

this map is false, we have the christmas goat.

what time are you living in, 1930?

>Christmas Goat

will this happen again this year

what? you have a christmas gnome then?
ever considered that diffrent regions of sweden celebrate differently? or are you such an urbanized faggot that you celebrate american christmas with a thanksgiving turkey and coca cola?

>turkey celebrating christmas
>albania celebrating christmas
the more you know

>christmas lads

Let's get this started
>Christmas Log

hopefully. you know, an american got arrested for that one time because some swedes convinced him it was legal

hopefully

yes we have the gnome, and I've never heard of anyone still doing the goat thing

>christmas goat

>christmas gnome
I have literally never heard of this, except if you mean hustomtar which you give oatmeal too. they don't bring presents though. they just take care of the house and animals.

St Nicholas is santa

It used to be Baby Jesus til my parents' generation

But we have another word for gnome when refering to the Christmas gnome.

>Christmas Lads

St. Nicholas on 6th and Star on 24th

Dude, we literally invented Santa Claus.

On 5 december (and the weeks leading up to it) we have Sinterklaas (on which Santa is based).
On 25 and 26 december we have the Christmas Man (who looks like the American santa)

Christmas Man sounds hilarious for no reason.

Why is Germany so prone to Americanisation?

You've never heard of the jultomte?

What the actual fuck went wrong with Finnish people

You always say Jultomten.

Sven, when they are going to setup the christmas goat in gävle this year?

please tell some amerimutt tourists to do so again please

You don’t want to be a bad kid in the christmas, don’t ya?

First advent.

This is the lads apparently

wtf is going on in this picture...

Santa aka Satan claus is an invention by goga gola and brobably gommunist as well :DDDD
Braise christ child

>Christmas lads
kek

Children only behave well if you threaten them with an ancient goatman first torturing them and then eating their guts.

yes, but tomte does not equal gnome. gnomes is alver.

maybe learn english?

Finnish people
>A horned demon will strip you naked, whip you, boil you alive and tear out the guts of your pet and eat them
Normal (White) people
>You'll get coal

Nothing. Our old traditions also included a guy going around dressed in this, who was given alcohol in the houses he visited while scaring children.

Noice

>christmas lads

They seem fun those cheeky lads

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. "Nisse" and "gnom" aren't the same.

Pretty sure he was referring to the flag

Get a better browser.

Russia just copy pasted a foreign culture and changed his colour. That's so Russian, no originality at all

yes

Deduzhska Moroz

right one kinda turned me on

> Deduzhska
>zh

Here we sit on Santas lap and tell him what we want

10/10 bost

And see how badly all your anglo children behave.

The cost is too great. I'd rather not be fucked in the heda

Santa is Božiček in Slovene and Christmas is Božič.

Gryla looks.. familiar...

wait a moment

Fucking brainlet

>harasses sheep

Grandfather frost is based.
Santa is gay and diddles kids

>Grandfather frost
>bringing presents on Christmas
Choose one. Grandfather Frost comes later.

>christmas man

Sometimes it's a little angel

metal as fuck

Father Frost (Russia) on a weird dress

Julemanden

Please tell me that's just the finnish Krampus

Nah it's Yulegoat ie our santa claus

Excuse me, what the fug?
Why is it sibabo?
Official dude looks like that

Maybe in the north, we still get our presents from the Christkindle

Ah yes, nuuttipukki. A guy dressed up in fur pelts carrying an empty bag/basket and a branches for whipping, with a goat skull or a regular skull for a head comes on christmas before santa and puts on a show with the parents.

Before he arrives everyone and everything goes quiet and your parents explain to you that nuuttipukki eats bad children. He's blind and can smell bad children, so if you've been good all year and stay still and silent he wont know you're there.

Soon after heavy footsteps can be heard in the doorway. Nuuttipukki comes into the room with all the children and their parents and in a gravely voice ask if there are any bad children around. He slowly walks around the room, sniffing loudly while the children are frozen in terror. Then he leaves. After that santa claus comes in with bags full of presents for all the "remaining" good children.

It was absolutely terrifying as a kid but exhilarating at the same time.

Wow

Santa Claus was actually a Turk

Some rent-a-nuuttipukki don't use skulls these days but I think it's an integral part of the whole show.

Saint Nicholas, he rescues kids from cannibals n shiet

I fucking hate Americanization and my countrymen for falling for it so easily

wtf I love Iceland now

This is wrong, in Spain we have the Three Wise Men.

Yeah, we have "Ježiško" which is basicallz "baby Jesus" but a literal translation would be "small Jesus". We also have like a small version of christmas, where St. Nicholas ("Mikuláš") comes on the night from 5-6th of December and gives you sweets into your boots. You have to wash the boots and leave them out the night before though.
A funny thing for me is that I've always imagined a giant hedgehog as the one who brings gifts, because in slovak "ježko" means "hedgehog" and it's very similar to "Ježiško" (baby jesus).

Oh, so it actually survived into modern day? That's cool as all hell.

We had a cool holiday "Užgavėnės", but it's becoming less and less popular.

>Mikuláš
We call him Miklavž. Don't know anything about boots, here he just comes with angels and krampuses to bring gifts (or punish bad kids).

that actually sounds like a really fun tradition

I think so I'm not sure

Nowadays "joulupukki" is pic related

That actually sounds like a really fun tradition. Imagine that you had a friend do it and he'd actually take one of your kids that behaved badly. Would probably give mental problems to the kid, but I doubt it'd ever be bad again.

It's amazing how traditions that date from hundreds or even thousands of years ago got destroyed in one generation by an advertisement campaign by Coca Cola

Yeah, he mostly came with a krampus that would spook the kids and punish the bad ones and all that.
I remember that we had a few visits like that in pre-school, that was fun. And some guys also went around the neighbourhood and visited people's homes. One guy was Mikuláš and one guy was a krampus. They came on the 6th of December and gave out sweets and spooked the kids.

Here, there's always processions of many angels and krampuses that accompany Miklavž. Depending on the region, there might be some other characters but where I come from, it was just the aforementioned.

That's a nice underbite.

When i was child my parents gave me presents.
We're atheist family and call things by their names.

Well our dragons are salmonsnakes so there's that too.

This looks a lot like those Balkan demon hunters, kukeri or something.

Is this what the Groke was inspired by?

>hurr we're atheists so everything has to be boring
most of my family is also atheist, but that doesn't mean that they fuck traditions for the sake of it

>tfw you realise holodomor was justified