Tfw went from watching 3 films a day to 0

>tfw went from watching 3 films a day to 0

it's all so boring

I mean, there's only so many good films to watch: at a certain point you're watching rehashes.

I'm pretty sure no one ever has saw every "good film", there's just too much to ever run out of.

Here are some great ones which you might have missed
>Wake in Fright
>The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
>The Man Who Sleeps
>Fail-Safe
>Man Bites Dog
>The Hill
>The Wages of Fear

Wake in fright was actually the last good film i saw

That's like saying no one has eaten at every good restaurant. Of course, but at a certain point...

I have this problem too. I've started 3 movies this week and didn't finish any of them because I'm bored, restless and struggle to care.

>tfw you turn on something, watch it for 20 minutes then switch to something else, repeat

I know this feel all too well.
I havent finished a single TV Show except for Breaking Bad
dropped
>lost
>the wire
>sopranos
>Fargo
>GoT
>Mr Robot
>weeds
>trailer park boys
>West World
i can go on and on
also get bored with most movies and just leave them as background noise while I bane/frog/fun post.

was it your first time or were you rewatching it?

>tfw when the only movies I watch for their entire duration are movies I'm watching at a cinema

first time

I don't even know where to find good shit anymore

it's literally like I've seen everything and have to just resort to re watching shit or wait for like the 4 or 5 decent movies that come out in a year or a good series like Fargo

That's a good thing. It means that you waste less of your time sitting on your ass for hours consuming content without any intellectual value.

Not knowing where to find good films anymore is a sign of a pleb on the verge of becoming a patrician.

You either give up on films entirely and just call everything shit for the rest of your life or you become a patrician and find a whole new spectar of films which you didn't even know existed.

>am only able to watch early liberal-influenced Chinese Communist Party Kino now

I have become niche, destroyer of flicks

>not only watching polish existentialist fantasy from the 70's

hahaha take a look at this plebe

>not watching obscure japan movies

>tfw you pursue an aesthetic to its farthest reaches
>that daunting feel when you won't be able to enjoy exploring film again until you find a whole new aesthetic you jive with

The obvious tension between the desire for obvious political messaging and the sense of grasping at artistic freedom from the directors creates an underlying tension in every film and serves as its own subplot. To see where the artist breaks free from the rules, only to be reigned back by convention or by force, it is something special that I cannot find elsewhere

Maybe you've just burnt out, take a break and do something else for a while.

Anons, how often do you rewatch a very good film?
Do you rewatch them at all?

I do it as rarely as possible because with every rewatch the film stops being "an experience" for me, especially if I watch the B-rolls, behind the scenes, interviews commentaries etc.
I just end up seeing it totally deconstructed, not as a whole.

I've seen wages of fear and wake in fright. They're both great. I'll check out the others.

>tfw enjoy Weimar era operetta films