/mls/ general - ETERNAL DYNAMO edition (feat. /ayy/ + /wog/)

MATCHES START 3/4

>NASLel
nasl.com/schedule
>USL(unappreciated soccer league)
uslsoccer.com/usl-schedule
>NWSL (now w/utah!)
nwslsoccer.com/schedule
>AYY lmao
a-league.com.au
>CPL
canpl.ca

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wOe5-7Pky5Q
statesman.com/sports/soccer/exclusive-usl-austin-given-the-green-light-soccer-league-for-2019/mcTHfbFmheJCxKdkpczl4L/new.html
sportbusiness.com/sport-news/rejected-injunction-puts-nasl-future-danger?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SBG Daily Newswires&pi_campaign_id=2363&utm_source=sbi-newswire-2017
nasl.com/news/2018/02/27/north-american-soccer-league-announces-cancellation-of-2018-season
sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-nasl-1904fc-usl-san-diego-soccer-20180227-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not putting fantasy leagues in the OP

Codes:
L95KHZEJ
MP9FU5SE

First for Canadian Shitposting

2nd, just like in hockey

they got 3rd this year

>LOONS

ploffs this year

>jordan memeis out for the season

Literally the best outcome for memeattle

>this kills the Doyle

yeah, sure thing Loons, you'll get to tend the rabbits once we get to the playoffs, now look over there...

So orangebros, will >we be any good this season? I heard there's been some roster shuffling since the playoffs ended, but I dunno if it amounted to any improvements or not.

Is this the CCL general

>comin for dat spot

/ligamx/ usually does that
we should have a joint general with our south of the border friends during ccl tbqh

>his team isnt sponsored by Levis

Wold be a good Sacramento kit sponsor.

t.

>Levis sponsors Sacramento
>San Jose sponsored by Sutter Health

>Chief Tattoo Artist
>Business staff sponsor
Clearly >we are always a step ahead of the rest of the league.

like...wear jeans in the dugout?
will the physios also have to wear jeans? the goalkeeper coach?

we will truly be the meme kings of marketing if people are actually wearing Levi’s during games

We fucking better be fuck

>Levi's 501 warm-ups

going to be honestly disappointed when this doesn't happen

Who's going to their team's home opener?

Got a chuckle out of me

Execute Football Federation Australia
Execute the A-League
Execute Wellington

>Levi's
This makes a certain amount of sense, as there are a lot of people already not wearing any of their shit.

>LAFC

>22k stadium

Final digit of this post is how many points Australia gets in the group stages

HOLY FUCKING ACCURATE

Can NASL just admit that its over?

Pacific Island Superliga WHEN??

Never, gas all non-Australian teams

>living in city limits
>driving to Expo every other week
>supporting LAFC

if you do any of these things, get the fuck out of our thread, we bleed Herbalife here, Sup Forums is lifelong since 2006, real motherfuckering Bruce hours WHO UP?

SOON

big strong Lachlan Ryan from Yarra here is scared of Bali FC and Samoa United

not sure, don't want to spend too much money since I'm saving up for a trip that might be an away game if i schedule it right. for sure will end up getting a pricey jersey if i go to the game, also pain in the ass to get to the stadium in the first place.

Um, no.

is there not one already or maybe I'm thinking of the goldc up? they also just show up here to bully the mls shitters

What's their endgame?

a new programming deal that shows more than one game a week on national television

The old 90's looking logo was unironically better.

youtube.com/watch?v=wOe5-7Pky5Q

WHEN

[spoilers]never lol[/spoilers]

>national teams

face it, Matty, Tahiti Voyagers FC would demolish the A-League's best

I got tickets to the season opener on saturday

4 days, still no news garber...

CHIs buy Wranglers
there's a whole untapped market there

statesman.com/sports/soccer/exclusive-usl-austin-given-the-green-light-soccer-league-for-2019/mcTHfbFmheJCxKdkpczl4L/new.html
>EXCLUSIVE: USL Austin given the green light by soccer league for 2019
what did usl mean by this?

sportbusiness.com/sport-news/rejected-injunction-puts-nasl-future-danger?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SBG Daily Newswires&pi_campaign_id=2363&utm_source=sbi-newswire-2017

>NASL league source: NASL is “almost sure to not play in 2018” after request for injunction denied

oh nonononononONONONONONONONONOONO

>the laughs

nasl.com/news/2018/02/27/north-american-soccer-league-announces-cancellation-of-2018-season
THEY CANCELLED THE SEASON

HAPPENING HAPPENING HAPPENING

LOOK AT DIS DOOOOD

>"During the NASL’s hiatus from competition, three NASL members, the Jacksonville Armada FC, Miami FC, and New York Cosmos, will be fielding teams in the National Premier Soccer League with play scheduled to begin on April 15, 2018."
>HIATUS
LMAAOOOO

I thought America didn't have pro/rel?

we don't

But they just relegated the shit D2 teams

no they joined npsl

>the shit EPL teams join the championship

>npsl teams can move up
retard

Miami and Jacksonville stay in the NPSL (at least until someone else buys them), Cosmos are available wild card and could do anything, logical or not. San Diego and California fold (I don't even think they have players anymore) and Puerto Rico folds (don't feel bad about this one, they have their own league)

>Dočkal already seen on Union practice field wearing a #10 jersey
Just fucking announce it already, god damn.

Does this mean we hashtag saved the crew?

Jacksonville is the only one of those teams that could survive. San Diego and California investors (if they existed at all) will reapply to join USL

>The NASL announced that it has canceled the 2018 Season after failing to receive a preliminary injunction preventing the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) from revoking the NASL’s Division II status.

They misrepresent the entirety of what happened in their very first sentence.

They say they were seeking a preliminary injunction, the court ruled they were seeking a mandatory injunction.
They say the injunction was seeking to stop the USSF from revoking the NASL's DII status, when in fact the league was unsanctioned and was trying to force the USSF to sanction them as DII again, which is why the court ruled they were seeking a mandatory injunction in the first place.
Even at this point, they're still lying about what happened.

What's the real madrid of /mls/? Toronto FC?

lolno

Didn't they win everything last year or something like that?

Easiest comparison was LAG, but they suck now. Maybe it's Seattle, but they're not that good either.
Is Toronto the Bayern of MLS?

for the first time ever. if they win most titles for the next 5 years then they'd be up to RM's equivilent

no because bayern is good and likeable

You can't let Canadians become the boss of your league. It's going to give fuel to a lot of banter.

>buyern is likeable
They are literally the New England Patriots of Bundesliga.

>THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NASL

where's the shill now?

Jokes on them, they're paying top dollar to the biggest Amerimeme players in the world.

His check bounced.

>2018 season redacted.

>Not
>Actually a
>Soccer
>League

As an American just getting into soccer: what is keeping them from just saying fuck the ussl and playing their season unsanctioned and unaffiliated with them? It's not like independent minor league baseball and hockey leagues don't exist? Why can't they do the same thing?

they're broke as a joke

The league was a blatant money laundering scheme and they can't attract stupid foreign investors if the aren't actually sanctioned.

Also they maybe have 5 teams in their league.

Ah. Fair enough thanks

2 of those 5-6 teams were expansion teams that haven't played yet and I doubt even had any real employees. Miami did okay but there is no way it could compete with an MLS team. Cosmos are a joke and Jacksonville and Puerto Rico are broke. Every other team that was worth it bailed to USL

Jacksonville might be the only team worth saving of the bunch. Cosmos would never be accepted into USL unless whoever owns them now sells the brand in a fire sale and some new owners don't act like fucking idiots.

sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-nasl-1904fc-usl-san-diego-soccer-20180227-story.html

RIP in piss

JAX would be an insta rivalry with orlando if they went USL and looked to eventually reach MLS

American soccer thread? What a bunch of fruits.

>[Galarcep] I'm told the San Diego expansion ownership group including Demba Ba and Eden Hazard will be joining the #USL in 2019.

I suspect they might just fold, but if they can get into USL that would be cool.

Shame the Strikers folded. Could've had some solid instate rivals

Toronto is the PSG of the MLS

Is the joke really on them if those players won them a scup?

No, I think that's Atlanta

F

As someone onboard with 1904, disheartened by the NASAL seeming like it should just accept that it is dying, only ever hearing good things about USL, I adore this news. It's what I had been hoping would happen.

>nasl dies
>teams join USL
>in 20 years and/or when expansion is done, MLS institutes pro/rel with USL
Everything works out in the end.

>if they existed at all
those millions of dollars they hid in shell companies certainly were real

>As someone onboard with 1904
neck yourself, you guilble fool

there are already shit-league teams here you could support but you want some plastic Ron Burgundy joke team?