These are the two best players in soccer history and there is no debate about it

These are the two best players in soccer history and there is no debate about it.

Ronaldo isn't better than Maradona, Cryuff, van Basten, Platini, Beckenbauer, Baggio or Matthaus

>Penaldo
>best player in football history
lol no
he's not even a top 30

Ronaldo is top 10
Messi is top 50
and I'm being generous

He is, He was more consistent ,efficient than all of those tho comparing him with the defenders in your list like Beckenbauer just doesn't work

Penaldo is top 15-30 but not higher than that

Messi is top 10, arguable top 5, and #1 if he can do something extra-ordinary at the world cup

Sure then; he's maybe the best goal scorer in history. But he isn't a better footballer than any one I mentioned

>arguable top 5
not really he is easily top 1 and with no competition
(you)
goal scoring and making goals in general is very important in soccer and old ronaldo was pretty skilled , he got a bad reputation for tap-ins when he grew old at that age most of the players you listed were average at best

Also, it's not my fault your rigid mind has to defend people into categories like defenders and midfielders. They're all footballers

Maradona carried a bunch of nobodies to glory, not only with Argentina, but also with Napoli

He also won titles with Boca and Barcelona while being like 20 years old

Maradona in Guardiola's Barcelona would score 150 goals in a year

people in general just don't think about goalkeepers defenders and defensive midfielders in goat debates

An American isn't qualified to give an opinion about that because it's very likely that you haven't watched other greats and you follow the sport for a short amount of time

Maradona stopped being relatively good when he was 28-30. He gassed out quickly

He was great in 1990 whilst playing injured, came out of retirement to save Argentina from missing the World Cup in 1994 and carried the team

>Maradona, Cryuff, van Basten, Platini, Beckenbauer, Baggio, Matthaus
>elite for 15+ years
>4 golden boots
>5 balloon doors
>4 champions leagues as top scorers
lmfao

An American isn't qualified to give an opinion about that because it's very likely that you haven't watched other greats and you follow the sport for a short amount of time
I've been watching soccer since I was a kid because of my Mexican elementary school friend . Nice try

>soccer didn't exist in the 20th century

>GOAT
>has never won a World Cup, the most important football trophy
>has never scored more than 1 goal in a World Cup
top kek

>He was great in 1990 whilst playing injured, came out of retirement to save Argentina from missing the World Cup in 1994 and carried the team
not as great as ronaldo and messi in their 30s and late 20s and messi did carry Argentina to the final

all the numbers show that they are better than old players. The only thing that messi lacks is world cups and he was pretty good at the last one

Maradona wasn't elegible, otherwise he would have won 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989 and 1990's Ballon d'Ors

inb4 why didn't he win the CL
He only played 2 editions, back then you had to be the champion to participate, now you can qualify being 4th place

>ronaldo in world cups
kek
>messi in world cups
only in group stages

>ronaldo and messi have a combined 0 world cup knockout goals

>there is no debate about it.
>but there is actually a lot of debate about it
epic

>he would have won therefore you're wrong
>my imaginary stats beat your real life stats
>if you win a world cup and have two good seasons and be shit for the rest of your career, that means you're the GOAT
the current state of Sup Forums.

>hurr why doesn't a South American player win a trophy only meant for European players

Maradona was great from 1979 to 1990, and then in 1994 he came back from retirement to save Argentina from missing the World Cup

>started in shitty small team Argentinos Juniors
>top scorer 3 times in a row
>signed for Boca, wins title
>sold to Barcelona in record fee
>rapes Real Madrid a couple of times in cup finals, doing all right until a Basque cunt breaks his leg, can't finish the season
>sold to Napoli, relegation side, while injured, not sure he could ever play again
>turn relegation side single-handedly into a top team in the most competitive league in the world at the time against stacked Milan, stacked Juventus
>win World Cup with a bunch of nobodies, 5 goals and 5 assists in 7 games, score the most legendary goal of the sport
>win the only 3 titles in the history of that shitty relegation side
>almost win the World Cup again with a broken ankle, only stopped by a penalty in the final

Messi and Ronaldo are just lucky everything is easier nowadays to statpad. It's no coincidence that they're breaking records at the same time. While Neymar is also set to break both of their career records at this rate.

>Neymar is also set to break both of their career records at this rate
>26 years old
>injured every 3 weeks
>is also set to break both of their career records
kek
in 5 years he'll play for Dalian Yifang, if you're his fan you better pray he wins 3 trebles in a row with PSG and scores 10 goals at the WC or some shit.

>Matthaus
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH keep baitmore subtle, you still get you’s this way but no jimmies rustled

if Burruchaga misses like Higuain, then Maradona is forgotten about forever.

>that flag
>that opinion
Ya checks out. You’re wrong by the way

imagine what he could have done if he had never gone to napoli

>Maradona in Guardiola's Barcelona would score 150 goals in a year
literally for 1 year until he OD

I beg to differ

That's because people are idiots. Was Eidur Gudjohnsen more important for Chelsea than Carvalho or Terry?

>Was Eidur Gudjohnsen more important for Chelsea than Carvalho or Terry?
yes

>Implying mexishits are any better.

desu OP is right. You cannot compare football THEN and football NOW. the game is simply much much more demanding than in pele and maradona's days. i mean just look at their "best" performances and the defenses they were against. there was literally no tactical incentive, just "if you can run fast take the ball and run lol". maradona, pele, cruyff etc. would be nothing in today's football. They were quite frankly physically gifted but not tactically gifted