Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ApQlzehYyfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

floyd mayweather would have whooped that ass

/thread

god he has a thicc neck

no

no

why doesnt naseem "the prince" get any attention from boxing fans? is it because hes arab and everyone is racist? he was unironically pound for pound the best hitter

I know it's basically a meme that the only man who could beat Tyson was himself, but it's absolutely true.

He got fucked up by Douglas because he literally spent all his time fucking prostitutes and doing coke instead of training.

Post-prison Tyson only gave a fuck at certain points. He was absolutely not composed against Holyfield or Lewis.

no he wasn't. Got completely exposed by Barrera as a fucking meme

he was recovering from a hand injury, u cant fucking punch if ur hands dont work also he gained like 40 pounds. watch his interview.

fpbp

What you on about, m8? He's still revered amongst British boxing fans.

is he? oh okay

>I learnt everything I know about boxing from YouTube comments

In reality, he only has a handful of notable wins.

holyfield headbutted his way into the victory in their first fight. tyson got DQ'd for the ear bites the second time because he could tell the same thing was gonna happen and he wasn't having it.

I think it's fair to say that lennox was simply the better fighter in their bout, but at the same time you could argue that tyson was washed up and his life was totally falling apart. his additional losses thereafter were simply because he stopped giving a shit and just wanted the money. even though he was 20+ years into the game at that point, those guys still clearly weren't in his league.

he was a clown.

i liked him though. his entrances were solid gold.

In his prime, he absolutely would have beaten Holyfield but I still think he would have struggled with hall of fame tier fighters over 6"4"/240lbs like Lennox Lewis or the Klitschkos. I think Ali could have given him problems too, given how well he performed against killers like Fraizer, Foreman, Norton, Shavers etc.

well, he lost in 1990, so... yes

>couldn't even KO robin givens

what do you think

reminder that styles make fights, yes he was

he was really quick and talented and could hit hard as fuck for his size. He just got lazy and undisciplined by 1998 and pushed away his longtime trainer

its not that he became lazy and undisciplined. he was always lazy and undisciplined. look at how exposed he is in all of those clips. he was asking for it, user. sometimes literally.

Would a top tier slugger like George Foreman in his prime be able to beat Mike Tyson? I read somewhere that sluggers like George are known to be effective against in-fighters like Mike Tyson and Joe Frazier

25 year old foreman would have murdered tyson, holyfield, lewis, basically anyone except ali. I'll put myself on the line and confidently say that george would have fucked up ali in a rematch.

70's big george was something else

yes, but 1985-89 Tyson wasn't. The real turning point was when he got rid of Kevin Rooney at the end of '88. That's when he started to slip and a lot of other things went down hill over 89-90, until he eventually gave away the belt to Douglas from not training right. I don't see any other HW beating the Rooney-era Tyson, and certainly not manlets like Floyd.

Holyfield definitely, maybe Bowe though he was perhaps a little too inexperienced in 1990

Tyson was aways intimidated by Holyfield's mental strength

Yes.

'Beatable' in this case means that a Boxer under this label can be fought against in theory by certain types. In Tyson's case, the fact that his height and reach were not at a Heavyweight level even though his power was 'fuck-you-up' levels of retarded meant a tall boxer with a strong frame and an excellent technical jab would be an extreme hassle. It would force Tyson to be at his most disciplined in order to work past said jabbing and stick it to 'em.

Left unsaid are the needed intangibles though. Specifically the ability to fight through intense pressure and fear, something all of Tyson's opponents crumbled under during his title reign. In the case of Douglas, it took his own mother dying shortly before the fight to just numb him to the fear and fight back.

So to summarize, Tyson's 'beatable' on paper. But you don't box on paper.

Yeah, he got KO'd in 1990

The three worst posts I've ever seen. If Mayweather was stupid enough to step into a ring with peak Tyson, it would've taken 4 rounds max for Tyson to have knocked him the fuck out. Or at least on his back enough to be humiliated

Mike Tyson's power was his aura of invincibilty, George would stare him down and then proceed to destroy him without mercy and most likely kill him if the ref doesn't stop the fight. George had fought his fair share of tough guys and killed them all. His physical gifts were tremendous and his fists were enormous. I read a qute somewhere that compared Frazier and Foremans punching power and they said frazier left hook hit like a ferrari going 60 mph and Foreman hit like a Semi-truck going 30 mph

This. You can always spot the betas who have never fought. The difference between 150 pounds and 200 pounds is HUGE in the ring. Floyd would last about 11 seconds.

This. People forget how unreal Foreman's power was
youtu.be/ApQlzehYyfo

My own opinion is in favor of Mike here. He was compact and hit maybe not as hard as foreman, but he moved worlds faster. I say he wins the war of attrition by round 5 or 6, soaking much less abuse than Ali because of significantly more dangerous offense

that quote belongs to chuvalo, another beast from the golden age

former wrestler here. every 10 pounds makes a real difference. that's why BJJ is so amazing to me - i've never seen a martial art with so much potential to level the playing field in unarmed combat. the first few UFCs before weight classes were fascinating.

He was probably one of the hardest P4P puncher of his time.
But he is also a joke who ducked a lot of guys Lil Hagler mainly.
He got his ass whooped once he had an elite fighter in front of him.

FPBP

don't worry, in the future everyone will be arab and suck his dick

Ignore him; nobody ever mentions Prince Naseem.

He fought some of the greatest heavyweights ever and was never knocked down. That takes guts and a thick neck