How the fuck did this make over 2 billion dollars?

How the fuck did this make over 2 billion dollars?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_(1997_film)#Pre-production
youtu.be/EcU0qbV70rU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

#1 movie of all time that changed cinema forever

cry more

By being good

Who is James fucking Cameron

probably VHS sales, every asshole had that set back then

>no internet
>lonely women watching it over and over again
>based Jim

teenage girls

this

How did it change cinema?

Lots of movies are good

>Want to explore the titanic just for fun
>Want movie execs to fund the dive
>Quickly hash out a Romeo and Juliet script based around the titanic
>Go on to make the best selling movie of all time when all you wanted to do was see a ship wreck up close

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_(1997_film)#Pre-production
>"It was not because I particularly wanted to make the movie," Cameron said. "I wanted to dive to the shipwreck."

How can one man be so amazing?

And Avatar is funding for a space mission?

It was in theaters for like a year straight, appealed to an extremely wide demographic, and a fuckload of people attended multiple viewings. If you were a dude in high school in 1997, there's not only a decent chance Titanic got you laid, but you probably liked the movie yourself too.

I personally love this movie. It's a visceral film with some glaring flaws, but when it hits, it hits hard. The soundtrack is in my top 10 movie soundtracks of all time (Celine Dion shit doesn't count.)

I remember it being in theaters for almost a full year. It was a pop culture juggernaut.

Celine Dion

Not gonna lie, I saw it twice i theaters as a kid. You just had to be there at the time.

Women
Seriously I was 7 and I got dragged to this shit 3 times by my mom

Love can touch just one time and last for a lifetime....

No, Avatar was because James Cameron wanted to see some slave booty in a skin tight motion capture suit, his smile during 'the making of' tells it all

>That entire section on why men cried/ men liking the romance in Titanic

No. I hated the romance, I thought it took too much attention away from the ship, which was what I was far more interested in. And I think most males put up with the repeated viewings for the same reason. The only part of the romance I enjoyed was the nude scene, but that was because I was a teenager at the time, and the dance scene, but that was more because of the culture display. Most of the time, I wanted to punch Leo's smarmy face in and was glad that he died. The only sadness I felt was for the innocent passengers (Nearer my God to thee scene) and for the few noble deaths from the officers/crew, definitely not for Leo's death.

How did you 7 yo self like Kate Winslet's boobs?

I still love her to this day

why was this only a 12a if it has bare boobs

by being the biggest appealing movie to girls 11-17

The movie was huge, if you adjust for inflation it made over $3b. It's was basically Star Wars for females as it appealed to such a huge demographic globally and all those women brought their husbands/boyfriends.

I still don't know how it managed to gross over $200m in Japan though

It's easy when God is the director.

Vapid cunts. Seriously, the movie is rife with feminism and "women's romance."

It appealed to literally everyone you moron. By your logic, The Justin Bieber movie would have surpassed it.

>Iceland $1,082,630
>1998 population of 274 000
Did the hole island watch it?

It was great
Women were interested in the romance plot
Men were interested in the Titanic disaster plot

The hardest thing for a director to actually pull off. Not sentimentalism, but actual romanticism.

Dude it's an awesome fucking movie, complete no homo here.

teenage girls kept going back to rewatch it

Based Jim.

Will we ever see the return of Abatap?

0/10 youre just butthurt

He wanted to create a new camera. Basically, half of Avatar's budget went to the camera development.

>downplaying the effort you've put into something just to seem like you're a genius to mongoloids

Bravo Jim!

It was good. That's how.

It's a really amazing movie (no homo) and I'll fight anyone with a different opinion.

youtu.be/EcU0qbV70rU

>that whore Rose marries someone else then drops that very expensive jewel into the ocean
>two guys wasted their life for that cunt
She's a cunt and it's no wonder women liked the movie.

Celine Dion ruined that track. Titanic would have a 10/10 soundtrack if it weren't for this bullshit.