ITT: 11/10 casting decisions

ITT: 11/10 casting decisions

Anjelica Houston is actually not as hot as the original Morticia, but overall still pretty good.

Agreed, but she played the character better.

OP here, sorry wrong pic

disagree.

They're solid physical matches but they completely misread the original performances. The Addam's were bright, cheery people and didn't spend a minute of their time being distraught goths. The darkest emotion they ever showed was mild concern.

The whole point of the Addams was that they weren't at all aware of how dark and dreary they appeared to everyone else.

>Play character better
>than the original actress

What's so hard to understand?

You think the first person to play a character is necessarily the best?

I love the first Gomez but Julia made the part his.

I dont think you realize the movies were reinventions using as many original elements or tropes as possible.

The modern Adams were much more self aware, recognizing and embracing their uniqueness. Which makes more sense and allows for a feature length story that wont have audiences questioning why they dont seem to notice how different they are. The modern Adams were cordial and positive, they were passionate but brutal.

I love the originals, but you're off base.

>They're solid physical matches but they completely misread the original performances. The Addam's were bright, cheery people and didn't spend a minute of their time being distraught goths. The darkest emotion they ever showed was mild concern.
>unless it's exactly the same as the original it's bad

>white

Made up for it with Ricci.

The whole family really.

You're right, but I enjoy both takes. I definitely loved the original Gomez's urbane cheerfulness and ready smile in spite of the weirdness all around

By the same token Raul Julia's take was inspired and I love them both

Julia had that glorious demented quality to him that fit so well. Rip.

Shame he wasn't in Logan

Much too good for children.

Visually anyway

He was horribly cast.

Visually he was perfection.

>generic American prettyboy playing Greek hero

>Achilles was the most handsome of all the greeks
>cast the most handsome human
Perfect casting.

>Here we have a cast of Greeks and Trojans to do
>Let's have Brad Pitt as a Greek hero
>A blond German as Helen
>An Irishman as the king of Sparta
>An American as his brother
>A plank of wood as Paris
>Englishman as the king of Ithaca

Also they all just use their own accents.

white jesus

isn't Achilles described as fair haired in the Iliad? I do recall the Platonic dialogue the Phaedrus the titular character is reasoning that Achilles is Patroclus' beloved, roughly the submissive, rather than the traditional view of it the other way around owing to some clues in Homer. So a fair haired pretty boy makes sense

Visuals mean nothing when he was the worst member of a cast that included Orlando Bloom in a major role.

VISUAL PERFECTION

greeks were not shitskin turks at this time in history

They weren't generic American prettyboys either.

Just got done watching the second movie on Amazon. It holds up surprisingly well.

shame about his height

Addams Family Values is awesome.

>The whole point of the Addams was that they weren't at all aware of how dark and dreary they appeared to everyone else.

That's wrong though. The original Addams of the comic strips were aware of how different they are and reveled in it, sometimes they were outright mean and malicious to others.
The movies were much closer to the strips than the tv show was.

This might in fact be the most perfect casting in the history of movies.

> mfw they upgraded on gomez and downgraded on morticia in the movies.

regardless julia :( and houston are goat thespians

Yeah.

>Gene Wilder's been dead for almost a year

Taxi Driver maybe?

I can't think of anybody that could have portrayed Travis Bickle better than Bob.

I'd split her 8th grade pussy in two

BA DANUNNA NUNNA NA [spoiler[Nine eleven![/spoiler]

Was Penny Vision the precursor to social media?

Lust in Space

Why was she so sexed up? Was it just the actress or was it intentional?

Hey, it was the 90s.

Both of em.

both

I'd say Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn

A JELLY DONUT!?

Casual.

His height only added to the perfection of his casting.

Rorschach was short in the original medium. The cops made fun of the shoes he wore which boosted his height when they arrested him.

it was pretty clearly intentional unless she ad libbed all of that (and then they left it in anyway)

>Watching this movie with my dad over a decade ago.
>"Haha user that girl is so weird."
>tfw she was my waifu and he offended me.
That son of a bitch.

I love how the drill instructor was literally just a drill instructor doing his job

I always suggested Margot Robbie as Harley. For the look.

She can't act for shit though and all capeshit is bad.

>spider-smith killed her instead of using her for breeding purposes
bad writing

All the more reason to worship him.

>She can't act for shit though and all capeshit is bad.

>trying to save face this hard on an anonymous lemurian alchemy board

Are you serious? Stallone was objectively better, and didn't need to constantly pull a stupid face to "look" more like the character.

Knowing my dad, that's code for "if you won't, I will."

Tormented unlawful good

Pretty sure she survived that film?

Yeah....weird.

she died in the alternate timeline when Smith took over

surprised it took this long for this to be posted

I was actually pretty sad that I was the one to post it.

yeah.

Because this thread is for 11/10 choices, not 20/10.

It did foretell the notion of females using a portable device to record whatever stupid shit they say to post to whoever will watch.

Replace the wrist device with an iPhone and make PennyVision the name of her Instagram/YouTube/Whatever account.

It's kinda weird how she's somehow less sultry/sexy as an adult in Mean Girls with her big tits. Different character I know but still.

nah, she'd have taken nudes if that was the case

I wanna fuck her so bad!

Rorschach, Comedian, and Ozymandias were all perfect.

Didn't they initially bring him in as an advisor and just ended up giving him the job because he was so fucking perfect?

>Ozymandias
Not sure on that one. The other two yes.

>that skirt
They knew

Yes why does nobody ever talk about this

I liked the casting, if not the direction of the character. Physically I think he was a perfect match.

I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

>dem gruff looks

ARE YOU A PETER PUFFER!?

All of them

i have never seen BSG, all i know (i think) is that hes incharge??? im gonna take a wild guess at his character based off his looks

he is a veteran commander who has seen too much shit, dealt with too many situatuons gone bad despite his previous victories. He just wants peace and "this shit" to end but when it comes to it, he is willing to give it his all if battle comes

probably wrong but guessing

Ozymandias was badly off. Dude was supposed to be an ubermench. They made him come off as smart, gave him an air of superiority, but he completely lacked the physical presence of the character in the comics. (who was jacked and had a chiseled jaw)

What they ended up doing instead was creating a cruel, autistic version of Niteowl. Cuz they're both cast as nerds.

this

gimli is a big guy

Emma Watson was too pretty to play Hermione.

Hermione was supposed to teach girls you didn't have to be pretty to be smart and useful.

It was godawful casting.

Achilles and Patroclus not banging the shit out of each other was a sin and a crime.

>Kubrick had to explain to him what a reacharound was.

Nope.

Seemed that way in the first movie but by the third it was clear she was miscast.

Yes but he's very good all the same.