Can we have an uruguayan appreciation thread?

I mean...

>educated people
>they make good music (Uruguayan rock is god tier)
>Small and controlled population
>Beautiful landscape
>Comfy place

they deserve it guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MoOkNMK5-Kc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>Beautiful landscape

Straight lie really

uruguayan is a code word for hamble argie

If you like green prairies, rolling hills or beaches then it's nice.

The only thing I know about Uruguay is that they think they are better and more special than all other Latinos. All the dumb stereotypes about Argentinans are actually much more accurate to Uruguay.

Uruguayans are Argentinians

>They never went to uruguay or argentina and fell for internet memes.

Unless you talk about football, uruguayans aren't very patriotic.

There are really 40% of uruguayan of italian descents or it's a meme?

>first recorded mate infusion was found in montevideo
>they invented dulce de leche
>they invented Tango
>they gave birth to Carlos Gardel
wtf I love uruguay know

true

But you are the same people.
>same culture
>same ethnicity
>same t.v. stars
>same food
>same accent
>same everything
I'm not saying you are arrogant, tho.

We're argentinians with a identity crisis, some day this country will be annexed.

yup i got it after i sended the post... confused "The" with "And", sorry user

That's a lot. Not as you, but still a lot for a single and small country.

T. piemontese with relatives in Entre Rios

Fair enough, I remember thinking Australians were all assholes because of Sup Forums but then I went there IRL they were super nice.

At least on Sup Forums they do think they are better than other Latinos, I've heard the dumb "Argentina is white meme" unironically from Uruguayans like "Uruguayans are white, we aren't like those dirty brown superstitious poor Mexicans" etc.

Maybe Uruguayans aren't like that in real life though.

Probably, Italian surnames are very common and many have Italian citizenship (myself included, thank you).

Italian used to be taught in public schools decades ago and you can find a lot of Itialian food in our cuisine (Grappa, gnochis, fainá, raviolis, etc.)

The numbers may be a bit inflated though.

invited to be part of argentina*

we can't even annex bolivia lol

yup, their country is half italian

These are centro-northern food, Fainà specifically from Liguria.

Are ligurian surnames as Parodi, Colombo, Repetto, Lavarello,Pittaluga, Cozzani, Sturlese, etc spreaded?

Pretty much

Rioplatense castillian is the easiest for italians to leard, even easier than proper castillian spanish

Yes, but there are also a ton of southern italians because there were two Italian waves.

The first one was 1860-80 and was mostly northerners while the second one 1880-1910 was mostly southerners.

Well it has a lot of words from italian, like:

Laburo = lavoro
Facha = faccia
Birra = birra
Pishar = pisciare
Atenti = attenti
Chanta = ciantapuffi
Chicato = cicatto

Etc etc etc

To us (or at least to me), it sounds like Spanish with an Italian accent, so no wonder.

>Uruguay only exists to maintain geopolitical balance in S. America between Argentina and Brazil

Try to understand aragonès language then

youtube.com/watch?v=MoOkNMK5-Kc

Is true, but that was obviously in other times like the 19th century, now we don't have a propouse because things are pretty chill here

Also Garibaldi is considered a hero (though controversial) because of his role in the Defense of Montevideo.

Yes i'm awae of this.

Here people southward of Rome deeply hate Garibaldi because ''muh conquest of 2 Sicilies kingdom''