Event Horizon

What do you think of Event Horizon? Did you like it? Is this space kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DSAcLRD1J7Y
store.steampowered.com/app/465000/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump with feet

it rips off Alien a lot
but yes it is space kino

Also what did they mean by this?

>domme fetish
>hell

Please

Post real hell scenes from the movie

>we'll never see the nc-17 version with laughable amounts of blood

Fuck this ship.

It's really good sci-fi terror, with just a small bunch of stupid stuff, the CGI aged like milk, specially considering the film had awesome miniatures and sets, and that guy who floats back into the ship while cracking wise was just ridiculous.

Aside from that is quite good.

Fun movie.

It could be made into a good videogame.

regardless we can all agree Doug's review was shit

youtube.com/watch?v=DSAcLRD1J7Y

They did

there already is and it came out before the movie was even made

Spacekino

>Captain sees some fucked up shit
>Pause
>"We're leavin"

Both hilarious and finally right. So many horror movies have people see creepy ass shit and are like "Well we're probably wrong about it, let's stick around to be sure". Captain Larry is like "Nope, we're leaving now".

Yeah, Dead Space is 90% of the way there.
The second game has the same opinion about eyes.

What are some movies like Event Horizon? Except alien, doom or pandarom

I looked it up and watched it thinking it was related to a mobile game by the same name.
5/10 was very confused by it
Here's the steam version for reference store.steampowered.com/app/465000/

I know I shouldn't take the Nostalgia Critic serious, but that review made me really angry.
Cumulative 10 minutes of jokes that behind Mars there's a portal leading to hell (or something like that)
Did he even fucking watch the film or just skimmed through a summary of somebody that skimmed through the film?

Pitch Black is also fantastic. Maybe The Thing.

one of the only movies ive seen where the gore is actually pretty disturbing

Fuck that was annoying.
I guess I missed out on the time he was popular but fuck that's annoying.

And also totally wrong
Like the dream thing
Nigger ever heard of foreshadowing?
It's one thing to say that it was blunt or lacked subtlety but it's another to say it has nothing to do with the movie.
He literally dreamed of a mangled corpse floating in a cross pose on the spaceship he's going to rescue.
It foreshadows the Hell aspect and also his connection to the ship.

I got as far as him expecting the crew to be experts on an experimental FTL drive just because they work in space.

How'd this idiot ever get so popular?

I'd rather watch Hellraiser: Bloodlines, honestly.

>Pandorum
Just watch the trailer for Pandorum and not the movie
The trailer is far more similar in theme

>>Sup Forumseddit

They all are.

OH MY GOD IT'S THE BEST MOVIE EVER!

>thinks jocks pretend to like event horizon

what the fuck is he rambling about?

Why does he think that the crew are supposed to be scientists?

Where does he imply this?
I don't want to watch the entire thing

>@3:00

It's bizarre

Huh

Probably just pandering to his fanbase
That way they have to agree with him that the movie sucks.

It's in my top 10, honestly it's a lot scarier than Alien and it has a more coherent and structured plot. Great character building.

A weak point is the acting.

GARBAGE MOVIE!!!FACT!!!

This is why we need to find a way to screen for autism

Sauce? :D

I watched it for the first time last month and absolutely loved it, it holds up surprisingly well to today's standards considering it came out 20 years ago

Probably because of the layer of awareness it had.
Horror movies are still pretty much exactly where they were 20 years ago
So having a character go "Fuck this, we're leaving" when shit goes creepy is still refreshing

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

No, it's spaceSHIT. Why do so many people like or pretend to like this movie? Is it a meme? The movie was slow, boring and some scenes were so bad it's funny. I think of this movie as a low point in Dr. Grant and Morpheus's careers.

i bet she sat on a toilet earlier that day. So now the sofa has toilet germs, disgusting whore touching my sofa with her ass cheeks

I love feet as much as the next guy but these look kind of not perfect

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
How dare you to like movies I don't like

Forgot your frog, dumb frogposter?

>it holds up surprisingly well to today's standards

Since Prometheus set today's standards, that isn't hard. The crew of the Prometheus were just so fucking retarded for no reason. Including the damn robot.

Did you got triggered because hell and so heaven existed in the movie? I bet your fedora almost fell of your head

No, only because Grant looked laughable as fuck in the ending scenes and because the rest was slow and boring.

>the only surviving footage is too badly destorted for restoration

So if Hell is behind a wormhole is Heaven also accesible in space? Why didn't they show Heaven?

There is no Heaven in 40K
Only the Warp

>40K
What?

It's a fucking hilarious movie. I love it.

>dude event horizon is warhammer 40k lmao

prfrrrfffrfrfffffffffffffrrrp

It ripped off the explaination for a wormhole from Interstellar

2/10

thumbnail looks like Gypsy.

That's a weird misspelling of 40k

Though the theory originated on Reddit it actually would have been a good precursor to Warhammer 40k

Its an underrated film

>hell
It wasn't "hell" in the biblical sense. They accidentally teleported some ayy from the dimension of pain - which may just be another human's attempt at describing an ayy that just didn't want to put up with human's bullshit

>the theory originated on Reddit
I'm pretty sure everybody that knows the 40k universe and saw the film made the connection on their own.

Also, did anyone else have the feeling that Whedon had Event Horizon in mind for the Reavers in Firefly?
I've never seen that brought up, but Firefly was a few years later and the similarities are there.

Jane's description sounded more like the people from Asimov's Nightfall mixed in with some Lovecraftian shit

Alien+Solaris=Event Horizon.

It's average.

The only movie that scared the shit out of me when I was younger

Nah, they literally use a dimensional ftl dirve trough psychic nothell dimension. Just like

No, I mean the Reavers from Firefly

now imagine how fucking retarded Alien: Covenant will be. Cant wait to see it though

Event Horizon is set in the WH40k universe