MST3K

What do you think?
I like it a lot, honestly. I've only watched the first episode but it's really funny. There are a lot more jokes, and because of that there are a lot more unfunny ones, but there are also a lot of good ones. The main thing I noticed is that they sometimes rip on something a frame or so before it appears on screen, which is weird. The skits are okay.

I enjoyed it just as much as I did Thimbleweed Park.

It's decent and does a good job of living up to the original. Therefore, Sup Forums hates it.

riffing is good, but my god are the felica day parts fucking terrible
and jesus fucking christ did they NEED to have fucking shithead wheaton in the first fucking 30 seconds of the first fucking episode

I agree with that
But some of the earlier episodes had bad skits too

That whole Nerdist group convinced Joel they were the "real nerds" in entertainment culture and entrusted them, thinking he was appealing to true fans.

Wil at an LCARS station gave me a chuckle

Wil loves turn-based RPGs and board games, played MUDs in the 90s and has read The History of Middle-earth not just The Silmarillion, how is he not a true nerd? Because he has liberal political views?

Felicia double-majored in mathematics and music theory, loves turn-based gaming, and has stayed faithful to Mr. Holland over the course of decades. How is she not a true nerd? Because she has liberal political views?

I like Servo and Crow, son't care for the Jew in yellow.

Rifftrax is much better. Jonah is kind of a fag.

I'm not going to respond to these comments. But if anyone else agrees with me that the Felicia Day, Wil Wheaton and Chris Hardwick types are everything wrong with the "nerd" community, let me know.

How to spot a reddit crossposter: the show

It's okay, I think most of it's problems can be chalked up to lack of experience for the new folks. Assuming they do another season I hope they improve the sets/lighting to make it more "lived in" like the old show. The new sets are too static and bland right now. Also they needs to slow down on the riffs. Sometimes it sounds like they're tripping over themselves to jam as many in to one scene as they can. Not a big fan of the new bot voices but they're serviceable enough, hopefully they'll get better if they keep at it. Rifftrax is still superior but I could see this being on par at least with the Joel era if they put in the effort to improve if they continue doing this.

Chris Hardwick gets senior discounts at the movies

I legitimately do not know who Chris Hardwick is

yeah, nerds aren't meant to be successful!

The only people who are a discredit to 'nerd culture' are fucktarded sperglords like you.

You're lucky.

Chris "I'm a nerd when it pays" Hardwick

>she's an american
>THANK GOD!
their riffing is great but i've only seen the first episode as well
the patton and felicia parts are whatever to me

Once the riffing starts, all three of them sound too similar.
Stop having gypsy and tom do distracting shit during the movie.
Make like, half as many jokes so you can actually time them properly.

There's this whole bit about how a mutant in episode 3 is played by someone with actual physical deformity and how, uh, I mean, come on, it's 2017!

It's just fucking pathetic, like there's something wrong with people with physical disabilities getting work in movies. Like that's somehow a bad thing. Obviously the progressive thing to do is to hire a "normal" person and just use effects right?

It's such unthinking liberal bollocks.

Generally I'm actually enjoying it but every now and then there's a painful virtue signalling non-joke and it takes me right out of it.

Then there's the "ugh Avalanche has so much muh-soggy-knee" bit in episode 4.

2/10. Would not save for pasta. Keep working at it though.

I'm currently watching Episode 5 and still enjoying it.

The only time the Host Segments were truly great were with Clay and Frank.

Never seen it or the original but this made me start up an episode of the original series and its boring as shit. None of their jokes land, they have no interesting commentary, the movie can be funny but its really just fucking boring because its a bunch of people having dull conversations with a static camera. Am I missing something?

some good movie choices

Felicia + Patton are just okay

the riffs come too fast and too often. they're usually about half a second too early, and they do too many that indicate they know what's about to happen - it shatters the illusion that you're watching this movie alongside a bunch of guys for the first time. it would be overall stronger if they had fewer riffs with time to breathe to better emphasize the really good ones.

they need to get rid of at least half of the riffs which involve the three of them yelling something all at the same time.

Spergs ruined nerd culture, not people who's only crime was enjoying it too much.

Watch some of the classic Mike episodes. The writing is a lot better.

I finished it earlier today and thought it was great, I totally don't get the hate boner for Felicia Day though - she was alright imho.

It is the original friend simulator

Nigger, do you expect me to know what a "mike episode is" gimmie one

Time Chasers and Space Mutiny are usually considered the best.

My personal favorites are Prince of Space and Diabolik, but you can't really go wrong with recommending Space Mutiny.

BAKOWK

>Wil Wheaton
>Felicia Day
>Patton Oscuck
I literally cannot imagine anything worse.

Why do all of these threads seem like they are made by Shills?

too many jokes per second. too much fake singing. i don't like the robots and guy messing around in the theater. they should just sit in the seats.

It just came out. Calm your tits.

>decide to see what the hype is about with this show
>see wil wheaton
Nope, done with this semen slurping show

The robots look like old milk in HD

Play the drinking game, after a quip, count to 10 seconds, if you fail to make it to 10 seconds before the next quip, take a sip.

Which is funny considering these were new puppets built for this series, so they can't even use "they were built for SD" as an argument.

Literally everything wrong with jews taking over everything we loved

Also, fuck this shit.

he's that faux-nerd that believes shouting things makes them funny

Watch The Final Sacrifice as well.

Call me a dweeb but I liked the monster rap

The original MST3K worked because it gave autist neckbeards something to do Saturday evenings. It was never particularly funny.

dweeb

>felicia day
>wil weaton
>nigger tom servo
no way this is good

I did too user.

I'm guessing you're a fan of the big bang theory

He's a guy that got famous for talking about Sup Forums. Like an ascended reddit or.

Its honestly just about as funny as the average old mst3k's

I just like mikes vibe more

Has anyone a seen or, even better, a link to the Yongary episode? I've seen this piece of shit because here in Germany it was marketed as a Godzilla movie and I wanna know if they rip it a new one.

>so triggered that you samefag three times.
wew

It was cute, felt like an old Joel segment.

Joel is better than Mike by the way

any one who embraced "nerd culture" ruined it

>those twitter and kickstarter non-jokes
other than that good
for reptilicus though most of the humor came from the movie itself
I laughed my ass off at the green slime

Why does Wheaton get so much hate? I missed that boat.

He's particularly whiny on social media, I think that's part of it.

I watched five episodes and I think I might like it. The pacing of the riffs is still bad though. It's like for every line they had two jokes they wanted to use and instead of picking one they just decided to say both as fast as possible.

I liked Patton, Felicia is kind of obnoxiously overacting. Which would be fine if everybody else was too, but they're keeping it relatively calm and she's acting like she's playing to the back row.

Sure thing, bro.

What is a proxy for 500

>what is inspect element

You can tell that Patton was still feeling the loss. Like I know they had a time limit for production reasons and he really wanted to do it, but I think he needed more time to work through the grief.

Whatever helps you retards stay comfortable with your lack of intelligence.

2017, and idiots still don't know about Snipping Tool.

Only 4 episodes in, it's okay.
Riffs are pretty good with the ocasional shit, I love the new theme song, setup is kinda meh, Felicia and Oswalt are serviceable, editing is still awkward on host segments.

Host segments in general are borderline experimental, in one there's a nice little kaiju song, in most there's some joke relating to the movie, but in another it's Felicia Day and fucking Neil Patrick Harris singing a generic song that comes out of fucking NOWHERE, it's not even related to the movie they're watching.

And Gypsy is pretty bad, never drops a funny joke, not a big fan of her new voice, etc...

Halfway through the first episode and the speed of which they're telling jokes is too fast. There's no good tempo. It kind of reminds me of when Chevy Chase was riffing on movies in that one episode of Community.

>these memes are too fast!

There's no time to enjoy the shitty movie, autismo. The pacing is all fucked up, like your mother when she decided to keep you.

Yeah she was

Her jokes can be funny but her delivery sucks

I've watched all of season 11, it's pretty damn good. Not the absolute best season in MST3K honestly but it was solid. There's some good banter between the characters for the most part, nothing seems overly cringey and I laughed multiple times at each episode.

Now there's also a handful of problems too. For one, the voices of the three main guys are just too similar. Man I can't even tell who's talking sometimes, Tom and Jonah in particular sound nearly similar. At least the guy playing Crow actually tries to sound different. Then there's the fact that the jokes are just too rapid fire, almost anytime the movie is silent they just won't shut up. Gypsy is also kind of a dud now, they gave her a new voice so now she's just a completely normal and pretty unfunny bot. The transvestite voice wasn't the best gag but at least it was a gag for fuck's sake. Then there's Felicia Day, and while I did warm up to her she just never really worked for me. And finally there's some overused nostalgia jokes, I think they literally use "watch out for snakes" in every episode.

Overall though I still thought it was great. I look forward to season 12.

Watch out for snakes.

>2017, using Windows

fuck off globalist cuck

well he did kill his wife, so it didn't take too long to get over it. i think he has anxiety because he is deciding who to kill next. watch out felicia!

stopped watching around episode 7 and havent had the desire to pick it back up

maybe next season they can hire some better writers who dont just cram "joke" after "joke" in

I haven't even seen it, but it's pretty funny how it's initials look like "Mistake"