youtube.com/watch?v=876qmvhGiG4
youtube.com/watch?v=DAAqZ1VwJs8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

posting some of my favourite skates in the 2017-2018 season:

youtube.com/watch?v=zXR7scq3AvA

>Star Wars
>cantina theme
>that opening Quad Lutz

When is the next big happening lads? Need to cheer on our queen.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Gtauxb53NU

he's cute, he's pure, he's gay and I fucking love him, I hope he becomes the next Alexander Yagudin and I think he will

>he won silver at this year's European Championship @ 18 years

he really needs 1-2 more quads (he did 4Lz+3T at the olympics, and he can do 4S as well) and get rid of that last 2A in the end if he wants a shot at the podium @ Worlds

>male figure skating
bit gay desu. Except Yuzuru

b-but how's this gay, user?

youtube.com/watch?v=ogpwrc6oCKM

No one has this charisma anymore. They have that faggotry they call grace, but zero(0) charisma

Let's do this lads

>Next major event
March 5-11, Junior Worlds in Sofia, Bulgaria
isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111507.htm
Too early to say where it's going to be streamed, but there won't be any problems with major events like that.

> "we've lost our actual queen"
> he actually doesn't mean Yulia

Medochan best girl.

Have you seen her after the olympics though? She literally hadn't had a clean skate after Sochi (where she fell too) and literally stopped figure skating altogether, as far as I know

At least Yuna is still cute.
youtube.com/watch?v=q49eetGKN8c

Yuna has the skating skills, but she never had the programs, it was always boring as shit, even the exhibitions. This is the only thing I like from her
youtube.com/watch?v=gdLoueZ-SpQ

Meanwhile Asada always had awesome programs

can Chen (male) win worlds?

Would come inside and stay around to raise the kids/10

even though i dont know shit about this sport, i will give it a try in milano
want to see zhenya live in action again

Aren't Yuzu and Javi skipping the worlds? Then he can win

>those armpits

He absolutely can

look at the scores from the olympics,

Chen had a really awful short program but he also literally didn't land a single jump,

his free skate on the other hand was phenomenal (technical at least, half the points are simply for being 'graceful' and a 'good skater' and having good transitions, so not just skating from jump to jump, which is where Chen loses lots of points compared to Hanyu for example)

let's say Chen nails the FS as he did in Pyeongchang, then he only needs to hit the jumps in the SP where he got a total of MINUS -10,63 points by falling (that's -1) and combined GOEs of -9,63.

If he nails his jumps and gets +1 on all of them he would have ~15 points more than he did in Pyeongchang, with that score he would have almost beaten Yuzuru at the Olympics

Since Hanyu won't skate at Worlds (and neither will Fernandez) but Shoma Uno will, he has a decent shot at gold

Javi is skipping for sure, nothing official from Yuzuru I think

just look at those awful scores in his short program

>Have you seen her after the olympics though?
Indeed, I've seen her skate 4 times [b]IRL[/b] after the Olympics. Yes, I actually travelled to 4 events.
>She literally hadn't had a clean skate after Sochi
She had a clean skate at the 2014 Worlds one month after Sochi, and even won the Silver medal there (behind Mao Asada). That was her career peak.

She was never really a competitor for the gold medal in Sochi 2014 ladies singles' anyway, with such tough competition as Sotnikova or Yuna Kim, but she HAD SOUL.

>implying Yulia wasn't still cute

>best music
>best girl
>best commentators
>best plastic surgery
>this is the FS that held the record for 7 (SEVEN) years

3 weeks later in milan for world championships! I will be cheering our queen as well

having plastic surgery in South Korea is like having a car in the USA once you get your drivers license

>Indeed, I've seen her skate 4 times [b]IRL[/b] after the Olympics. Yes, I actually travelled to 4 events.
Wait a second, you're THAT autist are you. The autist who posted on her board on cripplechan a few years ago, posting photos from events.

with yulia you could always tell she was struggling not to get fat. Not her fault, just her genes were not "default = skinny" genes. Sad that she had to quit. But with the current best two, they have the correct genes to continue on.

haha yea that's true. the cutest asian is honda marin. but it seems like she likes being on tv more than training, so she's probably never gonna live up to her potential

Correct, I'm the creep
Probably true

>marin
Not even the cutest in her family

chen is going to win because he is fucking overscored in pcs.
he doesn't deserve those high marks in skating skills or transitions. But now you land 5 quads and wow suddenly you have high pcs and thats not fair.

It doesn't matter. The massive butthurt caused by Alina means that the ISU will probably modify its scoring protocol very soon.

That always happens for some reason. At this point I just think the judges are shit, they need to be reeducated. They shouldn't be adding pcs for the tech score, not according to the rules. But they do it every time

great junior ladies are coming!
Alena Kostornaia
youtube.com/watch?v=uMw4rLO7sD8&t
Rika Kihira
youtube.com/watch?v=eFRiKM4dOgU
Eunsoo Lim
youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1nTlE3_PY
Anastasiia Gubanova
youtube.com/watch?v=dngVflbXdoM&t
Anna Shcherbakova
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ADfKIQsWg&t
Mako Yamashita
youtube.com/watch?v=pgLcM3lNIiQ
You Young
youtube.com/watch?v=qdDQLt4L-1U&t
Anastasia Tarakanova
youtube.com/watch?v=TaPTCOtEC7o&t

it's true that he's overscored but PCS have been overscored the last few years for pretty much everyone

but yeah, Chen has higher PCS than Dima which is grade A bullshit IMO

i hope they will
but there is more problem with the judges than there is with the rules

i think that they are blinded by the power of the quad
lots of judges should be fired

AI judging when?

i really want wakaba to podium at worlds but given how she’s always underscored in pcs i probably shouldn’t hold out too much hope.

Nana Araki - miss huge lutz
youtube.com/watch?v=xOA9yPM0eAs
Yelim Kim
youtube.com/watch?v=aA9yEcO9S3k

No reason not to measure the exact angle of every jump with an AI in current year, how hard could it be. Then we would know exactly if there are any pre/underrotations. But I don't think ISU is interested, they like that they can swing the results in any direction if they feel like it.

AI judging comes

suddenly Flutzvedeva has negative GOEs on all of her jumps

it is absolutely nuts that he and yuzuru were only like seven points apart in components after their respective performances. judging is a mess.

Did you forgot about Trusova or is she actually a hack? Figure skating noob here, but i throught that she and Kostornaia are Russian biggest talents.

I don't count her little sister because its obvious she's an actress first and skater 2nd

yea but those are SP scores, so in the FS, all the PCS are doubled which means that 7 points in the short become 14 in the FS which makes 21 points in total, that's actually a lot

Her GOEs are good enough for me, it's her components that are inflated. She's not even close to Yuna/Caro/Mao's skating skills, but she's beating their old pcs

Just upgrading this thread massively...

does anyone know if kolyada will compete at worlds?

I don't like her skating and don't think she would have enough health to be on the top at the seniors. Those quads, you know

Waka has great programs this year, my absolute favourites

He's planning to go, yeah

he still shouldn’t have gotten a score that high. i mean, none of the judges gave him below 8 for transitions, which he is completely shit at.

great.
i hope he skates clean, that rarely happens and it's a shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=876qmvhGiG4
Memedeva BTFO
Long live Czarina Alina

>structuring your program according to ISU rules is bad
How about you just don't make retarded rules in the first place?

didn't she stop backloading though? she didn't do it in the FS at the olympics (even though she's done it earlier this season)

I think she was still affected by her foot so she couldn't endure backloading.

well, i don't find the backloading extra points retarded, they are logical since an skater is tired in the second half.
But they should modify it and lessen the amount of points one gains at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=DAAqZ1VwJs8

>those perfect Yuna jumps

It all comes back to judges being retarded. If they actually were able to give honest pcs, they would see that the first half of the program suffers because of the backloading and they would give a smaller component score for that. I'm pretty sure it's in the rules, you should punish the skater with a low choreography score if his program isn't well balanced. But since the judges are too retarded to do their jobs, skaters keep doing the thing that works.

men have started to backload on SPs though

the good thing about male figure skating is they physically cannot backload in a FS because they can just add quadruple jumps earlier instead

women figure skating has brought no new jumps since the last 20 years, the most difficult combination being a 3 Lz + 3 Lo

men are jumping 4 Lz + 3 T and are pretty much 1 or 2 seasons away of doing 3 A + 4 T which means you'll inevitably see a men's programs with nothing but quadruple jumps and triple axles

that's true, i didn't think about the pcs

Backloading problem is overrated. People are missing some big point there. Any type of program could be good or bad regardless of jumping layout. That's missing the forest for the trees. If Alina's program isn't good it doesn't mean stamina and risk shouldn't be rewarded or you can't construct good backloaded program. The plot of many interesting books is built on the backloading and the climax at the end. If jumps are your best elements and everyone keeps watching you for them - use it for the climax, if it's a choreo or step sequence - use it and it would be the best for you

i’m sad that javier wore such ugly costumes for his last olympics

You say it like its acceptable then.

It pretty much is acceptable in most of the world.

and man of la mancha program wasn't great either

it's acceptable until its time to pick a partner
no one wants to fuck plastic

Why do people buy plastic toys and fuckdolls if not to fuck them?

I don't mean to be a prick (actually that's entirely what I mean to be), but figure skating threads belong on /asp/. We don't need another autistic general on Sup Forums. Especially one that revolves entirely around waifus.

waifus?

also shut up, figure skating literally is the most patrician sport

>waifus
don't play dub faggot.

Anyways this happens every olympics. Some autist becomes obsessed with a fringe sport because of the women involved, tries to start a consistent general. and it dies.

3 weeks until your sports next actual event. Good luck.

i wish he’d saved malaguena and guys and dolls for the olympics

>obsessed with a fringe sport
>literally requires you to skate before the age of 10 to be competitive
>meanwhile half of the threads in Sup Forums are about soccer or american football which are boring as fuck

yeah enjoy your World Cup that takes place every 4 years in some shithole like Qatar or Brazil

>and it dies
What makes you so upset then? You'd be wiser to leave it alone.

Look at my flag and then tell me to enjoy soccer again, retard.

>meanwhile we've lost our actual queen many, many years ago
>best music
>best girl

yeah, this is a waifu thread plain and simple. It's going to fall off the board about an hour after you fall asleep and stop posting. Tomorrow you will wake up, make it again, and the same thing will happen. This will happen everyday until you finally give up.

Even the curlingfags aren't stupid enough to try and make a continuous general, and there are a lot more of them than figure skating fans. They have been through this multiple times.

la malagueña was one of his greatest programms, but he was bashed for reusing it last year.
So i guess he decided to try something new, and it was a mistake

chanada gtfo

figure skating season is typically short but intense,

there are some few major competitions around this time (actually some have already taken place) so there's absolutely no reason to not have a general during that time frame

also
>bashing figure skating when Canada has won 2 gold medals in figure skating in Pyeongchang

yeah your country just hates figure skating, doesn't it

>yeah, this is a waifu thread plain and simple

it's not, we don't actually want to fuck female figure skaters, most male figure skaters and fans of figure skating are gay men or women

cheering for a certain figure skater is just like cheering for your favorite soccer team (or ice hockey or whatever you leafs play over there) I guess

it’s not like criticism stopped yuzuru from reusing chopin ballade for the third time. he should have just done it, especially since both of his olympics programs were kinda dopey/lighthearted. he’s good at that stuff but it would have been nice for him to demonstrate that he’s capable of dramatic, serious stuff too.

lol k

>yeah your country just hates figure skating, doesn't it

Every 4 years we pretend to care, yes.

As amerilards how would we go about watching it?

yep, you are right.
And he could have performed better and get the silver medal with those old programms.
The new free hasn't been skated to its potential, he hasn't performed it perfect since the start of the season.

>we don't actually want to fuck female figure skaters
speak for yourself

good thread. Can't wait to watch Figure Skating with my Sup Forums bros again.

>obesity is genetic
amerifats everyone

this

Zagitova and Medvedeva probably just received a free X5 or X6, as Kremlin handed out 150 BMWs to all "Olympic athletes from Russia"

Same, only wish some here would just learn how to ignore threads they don't like

Where can we watch the upcoming events?

I think the problem with backloading is the definition of "second half" or the half-point mark. It shouldn't be time based, it should be a combination of components and time.

i think that junior worlds will be streamed by isu junior channel
senior worlds depends on the sport channels of the country

They don't air figure skating here.

Some Russian provided a good (TV capped) stream on Twitch during the Olympics

Otherwise, visit the Goldenskate forum, they have threads where links to livestreams of each event are provided

As somebody unfamiliar to the sport, how much strength training do these skaters do? It seems like it would benefit their jumps to build up core and leg strength. Yet so much of figure skating seems concerned with appearance and "artistry" that it feels as though atheticism takes a backseat. This goes double for women's figure skating. I'm not saying it's easy, but wouldn't performing jumps be easier if they developed more muscle like, say, gymnasts?

anyone else feel uncomfortable how they put stockings over their skates, making it look like they have massive skin flab oozing down their legs over their feet?

From my brainlet understanding of the sport there are two directions female figure skaters can choose to go. One is the Kaetlyn Osmond route where they actually do have some muscle, in order to have the strength and stamina to do the jumps. The other route is the Russian and Asian way, where the skaters are kept very very small so they have less weight to tire them out.

i'm not aware of the training, but jumping requires an special development of muscle.
Also, they are more muscular than they appear.
I wish artistry was as important as you say it is, not now.

the thing is that kaetlyn osmond type jumps aren't better or more difficult than the asian type jumps

Not saying they are. I'm saying it's two different ways to accomplish the same jumps. One by building up more muscle, one by carrying less weight.